TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 10:59 PM   #1
srtgen1
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #12245

my 97 neon w/ srt4 swap

so i purchased this car basically how it sits minus a few odds and ends that i have been changing since i bought it. i know it looks like crap but i would rather it run good and worry about the looks later lol. im a welder/fabricator so i have been making some stuff for it

go fast stuff:
bfmic w/ greddy type s
3" cai (i made)
3" tbe no cat/resonator/muffler
e1
ported turbofold
dsp cmr tuned on 24lbs of boost
agp returnline
s3 injectors
walbro 255
3:55 trans w/ qauife lsd
milled srt southbend s3 clutch
dss s3 axles and hubs
eibach coilovers
aem wideband
a few other odds and ends that i cant remember right now lol

near future stuff:
p&p intake mani and tb w/ halfshaft
port the outlet on the e1 compressor housing
p&p turbofold with elbow mod w/ ewg
minimum i will be getting a set of slotted and drilled rotors with hawk pads and will be working on the suspension heavily

how she sat when i bought it

after a little re routing of some stuff and adding the cai

and now that i actually cleaned the engine and engine bay

lmk what you guys think so far
Old 04-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #2
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

Lol thats crazy. If i pulled up next to you i wouldnt expect you to be able to hit 60. Deff interested in what you do

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I would never hit a women, but I would punch a bitch in her mouth.
Zaior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:21 PM   #3
srtgen1

Member #12245

i put it on the dyno last weekend but i was highly upset with the results lol. it was a very low reading mustang dyno. i only put down 245/236 when in reality its more like 300/350. i will be going to cecil or maple grove pretty soon to get some track numbers then i have the ported parts that im gonna be throwing on. expecting 50-60 hp and about 80tq so i should be ok on the power then lol. for now...
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 PM   #4
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

Jesus... I want to go for a ride! This probably weighs a lot less than an actual srt-4 doesnt it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #5
srtgen1

Member #12245

Yea its about 700lbs lighter than an srt. that's part of why i need to run my nitto 555r's all the time lol
Old 04-24-2012, 10:07 AM   #6
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

Did you do the swap or did you buy it like this?

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
srtgen1

Member #12245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaior View Post
Did you do the swap or did you buy it like this?
i bought it swapped but have been steadily doing some stuff to it. im happy as hell i bought it swapped too lol. i hate doing motor swaps
Old 04-24-2012, 11:15 AM   #8
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

You got so lucky its ridiculous lol I wish I found this xD I'm sure it was much cheaper than an SRT as well

Quote:
Old 04-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
superadvan_240
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #21940

My Ride:
'98 nissan 240sx

my neighbor had a srt4 swapped neon, fast as **** but then he riced it out big spoiler, decals right out of fast and furious, you get the idea... but anyway sick sleeper

Last edited by superadvan_240; 04-24-2012 at 11:46 AM.
superadvan_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:25 PM   #10
srtgen1

Member #12245

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaior View Post
You got so lucky its ridiculous lol I wish I found this xD I'm sure it was much cheaper than an SRT as well
Yea it definatly was cheaper lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by superadvan_240 View Post
my neighbor had a srt4 swapped neon, fast as **** but then he riced it out big spoiler, decals right out of fast and furious, you get the idea... but anyway sick sleeper
Im shooting for mid 11s as of right now. the quest for 10s is inevitable though lol. with what i have done, a dbb 50trim with a tubular mani will get me there without issues lol. but i hate ricers lol im leaving it as stock looking as possible. im gonna get a stock hood and paint everything white and a set of 16s. either some slips or a set of srt4 acr wheels
Old 04-24-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

this is sweet, i say you never touch the exterior, won't ever get "bad attention" and then you can blow the doors off unsuspecting corvette owners at the track
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:44 PM   #12
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

what a crappy motor! lmfao

if you want a good manifold skip all of the ported stuff man. i speak from E1 experience and 25 psi with that

if your interested i can talk to mike at FM about getting you one of his manifolds made. @ nigels dyno day my friend made 376wtq and 328whp with mikes manifold with no meth or c16 on the E1. Basically it makes your manifold only feed the turbo and skips the terrible reroute it does. So from the exhaust housing on the turbofold it routes a 3" pipe right to your o2 housing its sick. Also all that port work i had done to my manifold made it crack within a year, bad enough for me to need to have it fixed.

oh and make sure you come to carlisle mopar nationals!

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #13
srtgen1

Member #12245

yea thats harleys mani. my brother and i make srt4 parts but were not as big as FM lol

im gonna be running this mani but im gonna run it internally gated for a little to see if there is a difference between internal and external @ 24lbs lol

plus we do intake manis, tb's and compressor housings which the e1 outlet will need it because they arent ported for some reason lol
Old 04-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
srtgen1

Member #12245

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrace03 View Post
this is sweet, i say you never touch the exterior, won't ever get "bad attention" and then you can blow the doors off unsuspecting corvette owners at the track
yea thats happened a few times now lol but it wasnt at the track. it was one of the few trips to "mexico" or "canada" lol
Old 04-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #15
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtgen1 View Post

plus we do intake manis, tb's and compressor housings which the e1 outlet will need it because they arent ported for some reason lol
the E2 was back in the day, mike isnt making E1s anymore. if he gets one its very rare. good luck on that though porting the stock mani, typically, just let me hold boost longer. Harley is a homo haha. I gave up trying to push my E1 after i got my hands on a stage 3 now im E3

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
Godofelru
Tri-State Addict

Member #14116

My Ride:
Turbo 07 Spec V @ 11psi

Send a message via AIM to Godofelru
That's a neat little sleeper.
Godofelru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #17
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Wanted to own one of these since srt-4's came out, the ones i find for sale are way to hacked up and i don't have the time to do one myself. Good luck on your progress, i look forward to reading it!

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:07 PM   #18
B16aEk4drbeater
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15580

My cuz got the same car and set up but the swap is not in the car.. lol he doesnt know what is necessary to put the engine in the car.. his cars a 97 neon and the donor is a 05 pt cruiser engine.. can anybody guide me to where I can find some info on doing this swap?? what mounts necessary, anything that Im suppose to be specifically looking for or anything to be careful of when dropping the engine in?? any help would be great...
B16aEk4drbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #19
B16aEk4drbeater
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15580

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 View Post
Wanted to own one of these since srt-4's came out, the ones i find for sale are way to hacked up and i don't have the time to do one myself. Good luck on your progress, i look forward to reading it!
Just realized you replied to this posting.. Chip,, any info on how to do these swaps? my cuz got a built longblock and he wants to dump this into his 97 neon.. he use to work at Gary Barbera and one of the old head was gonna help him out with the swap,, but he works at Champion Toyota now and the old head at Barbera is retiring...
B16aEk4drbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:41 PM   #20
srtgen1

Member #12245

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16aEk4drbeater View Post
Just realized you replied to this posting.. Chip,, any info on how to do these swaps? my cuz got a built longblock and he wants to dump this into his 97 neon.. he use to work at Gary Barbera and one of the old head was gonna help him out with the swap,, but he works at Champion Toyota now and the old head at Barbera is retiring...
no special mounts are needed, just use the stock ones. you can use a stock srt intercooler but you will have to notch the rad support. srt harness front to back but you will have to splice in the 1gn plus in some of the spots. stock 1gn trans bolts right up but you will need to get a big tq holding clutch or get a milled srt clutch to fit in the 1gn bell housing. then there is the fuel system and you will also need a 2gn column with a matching pcm, skim and key. theres alot more but thats pretty much the basics lol