TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-04-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
alexf20c
Tri-State Training Wheels
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

why does everyone drive an EVO or a Subaru?

i dont see many down here in texas... is it more a case of your weather situation, or was this forum originally started for you AWD ***z?
alexf20c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #2
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
1) They are the fastest cars you can buy for that kind of money.
2) Modifications are fairly inexpensive
3) You do not need a DD
4) Warrenty
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
are you asking a serious question or using this as an opportunity to call us "***z"

i'll let you answer before i tell you what i think...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:57 PM   #4
alexf20c
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

i was actually asking a serious question. if i really wanted to name-call, i'd have said ***s instead of ***z. :D

honestly, i'm just curious.
Old 09-04-2007, 12:58 PM   #5
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

my answer can be summed up pretty easily...

year-round performance... its not easy to drive a rwd car... at least where i live.... in the snow... and 300whp with 2 mods doesnt hurt either lol
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #6
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vypurr View Post
1) They are the fastest cars you can buy for that kind of money.
2) Modifications are fairly inexpensive
3) You do not need a DD
4) Warrenty
It all depends on how you look, what your options are, and what is fast to you...but number 1 is certainly debatable. Of course then you'd get into the "used vs brand new"...but I'll tell you what..if a stock 3XXXXK STi can beat a stock used 3XXXX, i'd hang myself. Of course that's if you like straight line, or handling, etc. Therefore....

...this is much more of a philosophical question than a black-white one.

ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:59 PM   #7
Dave
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #633

My Ride:
Shelby Z, ZJ, NSX, CBR954RR, Hawk GT

Send a message via AIM to Dave Send a message via MSN to Dave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
not everyone on here has an awd. and i agree, when i lived in texas they were few and far between. i believe it has to do with the weather situation
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
my answer can be summed up pretty easily...

year-round performance... its not easy to drive a rwd car... at least where i live.... in the snow... and 300whp with 2 mods doesnt hurt either lol
I've done it every year i've had a car...1 year with summer tires..lol. It ain't easy, but to be honest, it's not what it's made out to be, either.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

thats like when i lived in colorado there were about a billion S4s and about two M3s.

but yes this forum has a heavy STi and Evo presence... but hey dont blame us if the other guys dont know how to hold it down like we do.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 09-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #10
alexf20c
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

i'd wreck if i had to drive in the snow. because i'd try to drift.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
I've done it every year i've had a car...1 year with summer tires..lol. It ain't easy, but to be honest, it's not what it's made out to be, either.
summer tires in the snow is effing stupid. i agree that its not as bad as people say it is to drive rwd through the winter, but lets be honest... summer tires in the winter whether its snowy or just cold... thats like putting 2 out of 5 lugs on each wheel cause you can 'get by' that way.

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #12
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexf20c View Post

Well then thats your lack of skill and common sense .

Old 09-04-2007, 01:04 PM   #13
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
summer tires in the snow is effing stupid. i agree that its not as bad as people say it is to drive rwd through the winter, but lets be honest... summer tires in the winter whether its snowy or just cold... thats like putting 2 out of 5 lugs on each wheel cause you can 'get by' that way.
Well, I drove it <5 times. It wasn't my DD, and i wasn't going to shell out $$ to put on winter tires. It was a matter of cost vs need, and I didn't need winter tires when I didn't drive the bugger.

The GTO is surprisingly well in the snow..except when you're trying to go up hills, ala my driveway. lol

Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #14
alexf20c
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
Well then thats your lack of skill and common sense .
i have the skill (in the dry) but i'm usually lacking in the common sense department.
Old 09-04-2007, 01:05 PM   #15
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

lol, well, one out of 2 isn't bad.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #16
doug
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #450

My Ride:
2007 WRX STi Limited, 1969 Z/28 Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexf20c View Post
Pics of supposed 06 Z06 or ban.

I have an STi because for the money, it's 10x better than the cars in its price range. AWD+Turbo=orgasm. Easily modded, and great sleak looking 4 door cars. 4 door looks better to insurance companies than 2 door, also.
doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #17
alexf20c
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

here's my daily driver:

Old 09-04-2007, 01:09 PM   #18
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

post ur non daily driver alex.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:10 PM   #19
alexf20c
Banned

Member #3491

My Ride:
06 Z06

and my weekend car:

Old 09-04-2007, 01:11 PM   #20
markley02
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #390

My Ride:
05 Honda Odessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug View Post
4 door looks better to insurance companies than 2 door, also.
What the hell are you smoking? Call your insurance company and find out. A 2002 Z06 is $60 per month cheaper for me than my evo.

Dumb ass for not changing my password.

I lied about everything. All of it. I owned some great cars because my ex wife dedicated her life to me. I treated her like total sh**, because my d**k was more important than she was! She divorced me.

I am into drugs and Motorcycles, guns and my bff Brandon and girls that look just like my mother. Pronouns: they, them. hyper-sexual narcissist.

markley02 is offline   Reply With Quote