TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #1
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Send a message via AIM to JSeoul Send a message via MSN to JSeoul
Battlefield 2142

Hey Everyone. I'm not much of a gamer(or good at them), but I picked up Battlefield 2142 for the PC and was wondering if anyone plays that game. I've played online a few times but it sucks not playing with squads or anything. I'm hoping some of you have it. JSimO is my player name.... I think. Let me know. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

BBMessenger PIN: 24A39C04
JSeoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Hm...never heard of it....how much is it? if its a good game and not too expensive maybe ill pick it up?

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #3
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Its a first person shooter. I hardly play games but when I played the last one called Battlefield 2, I fell in love. This one takes place in the year 2142 and its crazy. Just gets boring playing online with 63 other people and not knowing any of them. Heres the address for a better discription. battlefield2142.ea.com I think it costs maybe 40 dollars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:23 PM   #4
PotenzaSub
Tri-State Addict

Member #2213

I've been hearing/reading about it for several months now. I just wish my video card had more than 64 megs of memory so I could actually play it.

But, I hear 2142 has spyware in it. It scans your PC for internet browsing habits and targets in-game ads at you. Are there any ads in the game, or is what I have been hearing a bunch of BS?

Trailers for those who don't know what 2142 is:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sCn5EVMtv_0
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cBfJ1XoAO...elated&search=
PotenzaSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 12:35 AM   #5
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
2142 Is badass...but I need to get my computer out of limp mode (I fried it overclocking) in order to play.

Soon my man...SOON!!

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

how did you fry it overclocking? Its very rare to fry your motherboard or processor from clocking. my 2.8 is up to 3.6 without watercooling. I was in a local comp article for it. but let me know if you need any help james_ls.

Potenza, the "spyware" in battlefield 2142 is part of the game. While your playing the game online, a lot of the billboards on there will sort ads depending on your location from your ip address provided by the ISP. The spyware is only contained in the Battlefield 2142 folder and will not effect any other directories. Dice & EA have confirmed it, so if something did happen, thats a sweet fat lawsuit they would have on their hands. But yeah, the game is phenominal. But let me know if you guys have any comp questions. I've done mods forever and work with network security all damn day so i'm pretty familiar with the "spyware" and all other aspects of hacks. - Johnny

Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
olsookie
Tri-State Addict

Member #806

My Ride:
2013 S4

Send a message via AIM to olsookie Send a message via MSN to olsookie
heard that game is bad azzz... i'm playing dawn of war right now, i was thinking of picking that one up though when i'm done w/ this one.

05 Apexi Silver EVO with a bad azz Perrin Antannae
SOLD!
The M has arrived!
and now is SOLD!
Move over M
The X is here!
SOLD!
Jetta TDI - it's all about TQ and Fuel Economy!
olsookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:08 PM   #8
JSeoul
Tri-State Addict

Member #2712

My Ride:
2006 Acura RSX Type-S

Sweet, let me know. I have crazy work days but i try to get on there at least an hour a day and definitly some time on the weekends. Let me know if you do pick it up.