TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Has anyone reported cronyism?

There is an employee at my work who is a known alcoholic, and was just recently cited when he should have been arrested; and is being protected by the city council, DA, and PD because of his deep ties within them. And im wondering what i can do to report this cronyism thats going on. Any thoughts?

Sorry for being so short, i dont want any names being put out at the moment. But you should get the gist of it.
VETTE_50_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Your lack of details make for one hell of a ridiculous thread. How about...MYOB.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 01-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:47 PM   #3
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
Your lack of details make for one hell of a ridiculous thread. How about...MYOB.
How about no. He is an alcoholic, does a ****ty job at work and is lazy. Thats why i wont mind my own business. It affects everyone at the job.

The funny this is, someone who had the EXACT same situation as him a week prior got the book thrown at her and was of course charged with DUI and taken under arrest. Of course the person on city council does not.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Fox news would probally love a story like this.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
Fox news would probally love a story like this.
lmfao
Old 01-21-2013, 10:12 PM   #6
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

Quote:
Originally Posted by VETTE_50_TH View Post
How about no. He is an alcoholic, does a ****ty job at work and is lazy. Thats why i wont mind my own business. It affects everyone at the job.

The funny this is, someone who had the EXACT same situation as him a week prior got the book thrown at her and was of course charged with DUI and taken under arrest. Of course the person on city council does not.
The quicker you learn to worry about yourself and mind your own business at work, the better off you will be. You crying over someone else doing a ****ty job sure as **** isn't helping anything. It's sound advice to MYOB. Take it.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #7
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
The quicker you learn to worry about yourself and mind your own business at work, the better off you will be. You crying over someone else doing a ****ty job sure as **** isn't helping anything. It's sound advice to MYOB. Take it.
So youd be willing to do more work because someone shows up to work drunk every day and cant complete the simple tasks asked of him? Or are willing to work with someone who you know should have been arrested but wasnt? I think that shows more about your own morals than it does about my willingness, or unwillingness actually to mind my own business. Just saying.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:42 PM   #8
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

I would focus on doing my own job. Maybe if you were a harder or better worker, you could move uP and not deal with the guy, or better yet, be in a position to fire him. Just sayin

And again, your lack of details still makes this a ridiculous thread. Cronyism because someone, somewhere, maybe a farmer, who knows, got cited for something to do with alcohol instead of being arrested for something to do with alcohol, all because he has friends in the DA's office suppressing charges?

Yea, that makes sense. I'm better off assuming that you are upset because a coworker makes out better than you do, by doing less.

Last edited by ITSTOCK; 01-21-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #9
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
I would focus on doing my own job. Maybe if you were a harder or better worker, you could move uP and not deal with the guy, or better yet, be in a position to fire him. Just sayin

And again, your lack of details still makes this a ridiculous thread. Cronyism because someone, somewhere, maybe a farmer, who knows, got cited for something to do with alcohol instead of being arrested for something to do with alcohol, all because he has friends in the DA's office suppressing charges?

Yea, that makes sense. I'm better off assuming that you are upset because a coworker makes out better than you do, by doing less.
Again, i dont want to name names. I would normally, but not in this situation. And no, it has nothing to do with that. I honestly could give a damn less what he makes, what he drives, owns, where he lives, i dont really care. Its the point that he used his position to protect himself. Thats what i dont agree with.

Im happy where im at in the company and honestly dont want to move up any further. I want to ride the wave for 6-7 months and get the hell out of dodge and get back to Columbus. Thats the god honest truth.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
Quote:
. Its the point that he used his position to protect himself. Thats what i dont agree with.
You wouldn't do the same? If you got pulled over for speeding and had an FOP card, you'd suck it up and take the ticket because that what everyone else would have to do? Doubt it.

Quote:
Im happy where im at in the company and honestly dont want to move up any further.
Shoot for the start
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #11
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
Citizens arrest bro
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:52 PM   #12
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
You wouldn't do the same?
Thats neither here nor there. And speeding is much different than repetitive claims of being drunk on the job and not performing his job, and being caught in a DUI situation but not receiving one.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #13
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Thats neither here nor there. And speeding is much different than repetitive claims of being drunk on the job and not performing his job, and being caught in a DUI situation but not receiving one.
Really? So disregarding the law and endangering other people with your driving is ok as long as you think it's "excusable"? Good thing your not a judge. In reality It's the same thing and we would all do it, it's called "self preservation". I say you listen to "ITSSTOCK" and just mind your own business, or, if it really bothers you that much, do something a little more productive than asking a group of people you don't know that really don't give a **** about the outcome of the situation.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:38 AM   #14
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Expected responses from a bunch of hillbillie gun toting republicans.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:59 AM   #15
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

I'd stick with MYOB. Management and HR just don't care like you think they should. In the end, he'll probably get further in the company just because nobody likes a 'snitch'.

Speaking from experience.

I got tired of it so I did something similar to those that I reported after doing 3x rate the company expected for 1.5 years, and was fired 2 days later after HR found out. Most of the employees I reported still have their jobs and barely worked over rate. HR put 'Horseplay' on the letter of termination and unemployment said that wasn't a worthy cause for termination so I collected.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 AM   #16
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
I'd stick with MYOB. Management and HR just don't care like you think they should. In the end, he'll probably get further in the company just because nobody likes a 'snitch'.

Speaking from experience.

I got tired of it so I did something similar to those that I reported after doing 3x rate the company expected for 1.5 years, and was fired 2 days later after HR found out. Most of the employees I reported still have their jobs and barely worked over rate. HR put 'Horseplay' on the letter of termination and unemployment said that wasn't a worthy cause for termination so I collected.
Thanks for your post
Old 01-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #17
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Quote:
Makes sense.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #19
Zaior
Tri-State Addict

Member #21850

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Solara SLE

Most of you know, but I want to make it clear anyway, I am only 19 years old, as of yesterday actually, so I have little experience in this type of area, but honestly your first step (if i were you) should be to go up and just say something, tell him that he is slacking and that everyone else is having to pick up his work, he probably won't take that well, but it is at least a start, that way if you do anything further in the future, you can at least say that you asked for him to pick it up, and that he did not respond well to it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I would never hit a women, but I would punch a bitch in her mouth.
Zaior is offline   Reply With Quote