TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Mitsubishi Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
2g Talon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #23531

My Ride:
2014 Focus ST

Coolant Line rupture

Drove the talon to school yesterday, as I was pulling into the parking lot i noticed the temp gauge going up. I was on a single lane road that leads to the parking lot with 6 cars behind me, so stopping wasnt an option. Once I started getting into the parking lot, the car started bogging a lot. When i popped the hood I noticed coolant all over the place, to make a long story short, the coolant line that runs from the thermostat to the engine block was ruptured. So after replacing the hose, refilling the cooling system, i'm having this problem where I will start it, the car will run perfect for about 10-20 seconds, then start sputtering horribly, and then eventually stall out. Did I screw up the head gasket with this? Not sure where else to start looking

Also, I checked the dip stick and the oil cap and found no traces of coolant mixing with the oil. So i'm not 100% on where I sit with this right now, lol

**UPDATE**
Ok this issue is really perplexing me.. I just drove the talon home (about 25 miles) and for the first part of the trip it ran like crap, sputtering and almost dying on me, AF ratio was all over the place between 16.5 and 19.2. Then the second portion of the trip, the engine sort of "Hiccup"ed and then ran beautifully the rest of the way home, idled perfectly, even went into boost to see if i could get it to hiccup again to feel the symptoms. No luck, Anyone have any ideas here? lol

It seems to me like I may have warped the head/damaged the HG, but with no coolant mixing with the oil as the telltale sign, i'm starting to think otherwise. Anyone have any problems like this before?
Old 09-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
SpendOne
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #144

My Ride:
1987 Mazda RX7 LQ4 Turbo

Send a message via AIM to SpendOne
Have you checkd your temp sensors in case one failed
1980 Ford Fairmont 4Dr
LQ4 Turbo AGAIN
SpendOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #3