TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-30-2010, 01:21 AM   #21
enigma
Tri-State Addict

Member #2659

My Ride:
Hoopties galore

Send a message via AIM to enigma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjm4life View Post
and lifted truck drivers are saying similar things about those of us that build "race cars" for the street.

so at the end of the day, we're all wrong in each others eyes
So since i have a lifted truck, a lowered truck and a fast car, does that mean that i am a baller who is totally ****ed in the noggin?
Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 PM   #22
LIPCOLL320
Former Vendor

Member #11237

My Ride:
06' F-250 Lariet 6.0 PSD, **03' Cobra Sold**

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
So since i have a lifted truck, a lowered truck and a fast car, does that mean that i am a baller who is totally ****ed in the noggin?
You definitly are a higher standard!
LIPCOLL320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #23
CANNIBALOFDOOM
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13467

My Ride:
2012 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to CANNIBALOFDOOM
trust me these trucks have never seen off road conditions. ive asked a bunch cause my friend is looking for places and i always get the " o i don't take it off roading" comment back
CANNIBALOFDOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #24
11secdsm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4914

My Ride:
'15 F150, '11 535xi, '95 M3, '04 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALOFDOOM View Post
trust me these trucks have never seen off road conditions. ive asked a bunch cause my friend is looking for places and i always get the " o i don't take it off roading" comment back
Do you rally race your car? Just curious.
2006 Evo IX- 609whp-> (2.3L) || 11.19 @ 128 ->(stock 2.0) SOLD
1997 Supra- 670whp- 10.91 @ 139 SOLD
11secdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #25
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

I guess my pics and videos were computer simulated...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #26
jaqes
Noob-Jersey

Member #16399

My Ride:
WagonR

There are certain vehicles for off road purposes, such as Jeeps. Lifted trucks designed for that alone, so to think the only way a truck is a real truck is if it can be used for that purpose alone is retarded.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by jaqes; 05-04-2010 at 05:40 AM.
jaqes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #27
tr4c3
Tri-State Addict

Member #1039

Send a message via AIM to tr4c3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CANNIBALOFDOOM View Post
So? I don't understand what the big deal is. They don't want to off road them, then they don't have to lol. What exactly is the problem?
tr4c3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:46 AM   #28
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Theres a new breed rising up... Its called urban off-roading. I miss my Jeep...

mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:55 AM   #29
JankyS13
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #15373

My Ride:
91.S13.KA-T

yeah i never saw a point in having a truck and not going where ever the **** you wanted too.

hell when i was driving my old roomies lifted f150 i made sure that it was used and washed regularly, it it was a median i went threw over and across it. If there was a golf course i went out on it and threw the sand traps. lol "don't ask" I saw a path in the woods again I was like oooo whats this and went down to explore. when i came across a small stream i just had to cross it too. that truck was awesome, **** makes me actually want to get one as a DD up here.

Tho, I would have to do the redneck thing a put 4 inch round pipe filled w/ concrete for bumpers. just cause the retards up here cut in front of everyone and slam on brakes.
JankyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 PM   #30
VERTZX
Tri-State Addict

Member #15874

My Ride:
Whines..

Send a message via AIM to VERTZX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JankyS13 View Post
yeah i never saw a point in having a truck and not going where ever the **** you wanted too.

hell when i was driving my old roomies lifted f150 i made sure that it was used and washed regularly, it it was a median i went threw over and across it. If there was a golf course i went out on it and threw the sand traps. lol "don't ask" I saw a path in the woods again I was like oooo whats this and went down to explore. when i came across a small stream i just had to cross it too. that truck was awesome, **** makes me actually want to get one as a DD up here.

Tho, I would have to do the redneck thing a put 4 inch round pipe filled w/ concrete for bumpers. just cause the retards up here cut in front of everyone and slam on brakes.
btw love the sig. 90% of the people put racing suspensions on their DD on this forum. 25% of them ACTUALLY have been on a track, but people still do it. people slam their cars to the ground, the best place for a slammed car is the track, but theyve never been on the track. so why do all lifted trucks need to be off road warriorS? they like the way it looks, different strokes for different folks. if u were in an accident, lets say a f150. wouldnt you rather be in a 5 inch lift with 35's on it then slammed to the ground? or stock? i would. just my .02 =)
Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC- BLEW & SOLD
2003 Hyundai elantra, STI clone.
VERTZX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 12:04 AM   #31
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERTZX View Post
btw love the sig. 90% of the people put racing suspensions on their DD on this forum. 25% of them ACTUALLY have been on a track, but people still do it. people slam their cars to the ground, the best place for a slammed car is the track, but theyve never been on the track. so why do all lifted trucks need to be off road warriorS? they like the way it looks, different strokes for different folks. if u were in an accident, lets say a f150. wouldnt you rather be in a 5 inch lift with 35's on it then slammed to the ground? or stock? i would. just my .02 =)
Depends what kind of accident your in. If you go off the side of the road and plow into a tree, it doesn't make a difference if if your lifted or not. That tree is gonna **** your day up. If someone plows into the side of your bed, your more likely to roll over with a lift. What happens if your next to a drop off and you get hit on the side and roll? Most of the people that lift these trucks dont do everything properly which makes them more prone to possibly roll over easier... And lowering a car or putting a racing style suspension upgrade, lowering a car or putting a big brake kit doesn't mean they need to hit the track to get use out of them. They help with everyday driving as well. Better handling, and braking is nice to have for everyday driving. I dont see how a lift kit helps with everyday driving... Dont get me wrong, I like lifted trucks and wish I had one myself to play with. But lets be real, a lifted truck is really meant for messing around off road. No real benefits for everyday driving like other car trends

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 AM   #32
niceday
Tri-State Training Wheels
Banned

Member #15029

I agree with Red94Celica's ideas.
niceday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:25 AM   #33
VERTZX
Tri-State Addict

Member #15874

My Ride:
Whines..

okeyy mann. im just saying,id rather be lifted than slammed in a car to car collision. =)
Old 05-06-2010, 07:26 AM   #34
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Some trucks really do just look better lifted. I know most of the Jeeps we lift will see the offroad, but there are some that do it strictly based on looks. You know what, Jeeps look 1000000000 times better lifted.

Here's one that will most likely never see the dirt.

Here's one that is built for offroading.

Why do people put tow hooks on their car. Why do people put lightweight wheels on their car. Why do we build our cars to make them better, while most of them will never see the track (if they do, it will most likely be a drag strip).

Its simple, we build cars how we build them. Cars look good race status, trucks look good offroad status.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:54 AM   #35
11secdsm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4914

My Ride:
'15 F150, '11 535xi, '95 M3, '04 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Depends what kind of accident your in. If you go off the side of the road and plow into a tree, it doesn't make a difference if if your lifted or not. That tree is gonna **** your day up. If someone plows into the side of your bed, your more likely to roll over with a lift. What happens if your next to a drop off and you get hit on the side and roll? Most of the people that lift these trucks dont do everything properly which makes them more prone to possibly roll over easier... And lowering a car or putting a racing style suspension upgrade, lowering a car or putting a big brake kit doesn't mean they need to hit the track to get use out of them. They help with everyday driving as well. Better handling, and braking is nice to have for everyday driving. I dont see how a lift kit helps with everyday driving... Dont get me wrong, I like lifted trucks and wish I had one myself to play with. But lets be real, a lifted truck is really meant for messing around off road. No real benefits for everyday driving like other car trends
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERTZX View Post
okeyy mann. im just saying,id rather be lifted than slammed in a car to car collision. =)

Seriously...which would you rather be in during a collision?

My tank?

Or my aluminum Evo..

Of course both have their cons. I know which one I feel safer in. All the comments about no real benefits are completely unfounded unless you have one.
2006 Evo IX- 609whp-> (2.3L) || 11.19 @ 128 ->(stock 2.0) SOLD
1997 Supra- 670whp- 10.91 @ 139 SOLD
11secdsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:57 AM   #36
jjm4life
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4443

My Ride:
jew canoe

Send a message via AIM to jjm4life
chris your evo was the GOAT. truck looks awesome though
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #37
VERTZX
Tri-State Addict

Member #15874

My Ride:
Whines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by R22B View Post
Some trucks really do just look better lifted. I know most of the Jeeps we lift will see the offroad, but there are some that do it strictly based on looks. You know what, Jeeps look 1000000000 times better lifted.

Here's one that is built for offroading.

Why do people put tow hooks on their car. Why do people put lightweight wheels on their car. Why do we build our cars to make them better, while most of them will never see the track (if they do, it will most likely be a drag strip).

Its simple, we build cars how we build them. Cars look good race status, trucks look good offroad status.
couldnt agrre more. thanks.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #38
1hightoy
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15778

My Ride:
03 V6 6spd Accord Coupe... 11 Si Sedan...

I have had my lifted truck for a little over 20 years now , probably longer than some on here have been on the old planet earth. I used wheel it back in the day , always a pain in the butt cleaning after mudding. Weeks later still mud coming out of the frame when washing. For the past 8 years or so I got a 2nd vehicle(dd) so I did not have to drive the truck daily. The truck hardly sees rain let alone dirt anymore. To each his own , and the way they want to use their car or truck. Have to say one of the safe things i a lifted ride is you can see what's happening aways down the road in front of you , giving you alot of time to react...
1hightoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:28 PM   #39
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by R22B View Post

we just sold a jeep at the dealership i work at that looks exactly like this did you buy it?

abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:36 PM   #40
12Pack
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #13502

My Ride:
87 mustang gt, 88 mini s10

nice jeep