TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #21
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:
Will get me arrested in Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dugganzx3 View Post
hmm interesting on the 3400 swap. I know you guys are big into the 3800 swaps, they're definitely good engines, and pretty common and cheap. I had looked into some of the swaps for tuning info when I was considering boosting/tuning my 3800 Camaro, but I've since sold the turbo kit and picked up another project. Good luck with the build man, I'm interested to see where it goes.
The engine itself was reliable What I ment to say was the Car itself was not... Just a lot of small issues I'd have to fix every time I took it out. But than again it was a fun car and I did daily it (even though I had another daily and this should have been left in the garage)
Mera87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #22
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
Any progress on this? You should sell all of your other cars and focus on this. It looks good from the outside.

I'm willing to bet the inside if still a GM nightmare, correct? Try to find some quilted tan leather for it.
Lol you can ask anyone who knows me, This car would get sold before my IMSA's But seeing as how I don't have a lot of money into any of these cars Holding onto them is not a big deal.

Just been parts gathering. The car is almost streetable again for the most part, I was having a real problem with the headlights going up and down, went through a couple of motors and found that someone had cut the fusible link to the Upward operation of the headlights So I reattached that and found one of my motors had a stripped gear, So I have a rebuilt motor on order (I would rebuild it but the Gen1 motors are just to much of a pain to rebuild.) I Had to put new brake calipers all the way around the car as they were all seized up, while they were off I did pads and rotors as well along with new brake lines, Than I was having a problem with the clutch hydraulic system, I thought the master/slave were bad But turned out the liquid just gelled up from sitting so long, Ran it all through the system, Blead it out and the clutch works like it was brand new now,

As for the interior, ultimately I want to do tan and black and To save a lil money I'm going to be swapping the seats out of my white IMSA. They are already labeled GTS And the stitching and texture is already close to that of the Real thing.

Here are the parts I've been gathering for the car

These are the closest to OEM you can get for this car, The taillights were made right out of Mera molds so they will fit just perfectly, The louvers are from a newer 308 Replicater So while they do fit they are not the same as the mera louvers, I really have no choice as the ones for the Mera are impossible to find, the only real difference is the Mera ones are plastic and cut all the way through and these are just louver looks without the cut all the way through, which dose not bother me because dirt and gunk gets behind them when they are cut through and you cant get it out, over time this will cause rust,

I was told that all of these except for the prancing horse and the vin plate are authentic but a buddy of mine told me he thinks the horse it to. The vin plate is obviously for a replica and I'm not sure if I'm going to use it or not. (they all came with the car from the P/O and saves me a good $1000 on buying replica ones.

(the box is from a Crimson trace setup for one of my old guns Its not the box to the badge just there to hold it up)

I picked these up for the time being until I can find a set of the 88 Mera wheels which were replicated off the Ferrari 5 star wheels, they are very close, I just hope I can find center caps for them .

I had to do something about the exhaust outlets on the bumper, most people just have them exit it out in the normal fiero space But I wanted to do this right, I looked around to get some quotes on rouding the exhaust so it came out of the 2 ports in the back bumper but could not find anything within reasonable price. These were expensive for exhaust tips but this guy being the only game in town for these tips, Made off the original Mera tips, And half the price of other exhaust shops I could not say no.

I picked this up from best buy. I like it because it has Bluetooth streaming to it so I can play music right off my pone

than I bought these to adapt new speakers into the front dash board as the stock ones sound like crap

http://www.tlg-auto.com/Fie...rs_p/fieroint018.htm

Last edited by Mera87; 11-27-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #23
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Is that a FERRARI?!
Old 11-27-2013, 03:45 PM   #24
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Is that a FERRARI?!
Nope, Its a Replica, It's was a factory option from Pontiac onto the fiero through 87-88. mine is a mera body that was taken off an 87 and put onto an 86 Because of frame rot. This is what also got GM and corporate customs Sued By Ferrari for copyright infringement..

I looks close to the real early 308's but if you put it next to the real thing you can spot the differences.

Last edited by Mera87; 11-27-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #25
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

the top one is a real 1980 308 the bottom one is mine

Old 11-27-2013, 06:16 PM   #26
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

This post is going to be how I restud the housing for the taillight.. Little bit of background, The Stock mera tail lamps (well as they came to me) came with the studs drilled into the original lenses, through the back panel, through the body and bolted together, and the back-housing and lens glued together, so when you install the light to the body it is pretty much the lens that is holding the traillight to the body and not the back-housing. Robs lenses Do not come pre-drilled to accept new studs and I do not want to risk drilling them myself So I'm going to try another little trick to see if it works, If this dose not work I have another idea (more pics will be added to this post this is just what I have thus far.

1'st you need to separate the old lens from the housing, mine was already busted so I had no shame in doing this to it,

It left a lot of the glue and pieces from the old brittle lens left so I had to use a dremmel with a sander wheel and clean it up and rough it up a little

Now to restud it I'm using the same size screw but with a head on it along with a nut So the epoxy has something to grab onto and hold during reinstallation.

I fed the studs through the holes and now i'm waiting on the epoxy to dry and see how they hold.. If it dose not work from here I have another idea that will work somewhat the same way.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

This is a down the road plan for it Once I have an extra $3000 to blow.

http://pisafierohq.com/interiors/fiero_3-08/
Old 11-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #28
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

Well I got a little messy with the JB weld but I got a really good seal.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:22 AM   #29
Mera87
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #26162

My Ride:

Complete restud and seal.. Lined it up to the body today and it fit perfectly Stil a little worried about the studs when I go to tighten them down but I think it should go over fairly well. I might just use a vicegrip on the end to keep it steady, Over all though It sealed pretty well, Got a solid bead all the way around the light, Its right on center and looks clean (still have to clean the edges) but I think it will work, Im going to have to do the other side seeing as how the color is so off but no big deal now that I see how I can remove the lens without breaking it