TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #41
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow2000S/R View Post
If you watched the show more, a lot of your questions would be answered.

No **** it's fake. LOL
How could I possibly watch the show more? Should I watch every episode three more times?

It's a show about a zombie apocalypse taking place in "real life", not some crazy sci-fi alternate universe where people are shooting lasers and flying with super powers. How would anyone be able to watch a show like this and ignore the things that are inconsistent and unrealistic? That's what sets good shows and movies apart from bad ones, realism and consistency. It blows my mind that there are people out there who aren't bothered by the fact that a TV show airs a scene where a guy is shooting a pump shotgun 20+ times without reloading and people are surviving for a year+ after the collapse of civilization and they rarely even mention anything relating to how they survived. These are things that can actually make a show high quality without changing the budget whatsoever.

So many people are obsessed with "who's f**king who" instead of actual content, and that's why most TV shows are lame. That's all I'm trying to say.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #42
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
So what do you guys think happened to Carol? Looks like she came out the same door Rick and them came out of when they found T-dogs body, but hershal and his daughter never saw her.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #43
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Blu View Post
So what do you guys think happened to Carol? Looks like she came out the same door Rick and them came out of when they found T-dogs body, but hershal and his daughter never saw her.
I was wondering that too. Remind me if I forget what happened but where did the little white prisoner go? Seems like he just disappeared towards the end too. Did he snatch her up?

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #44
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 View Post
I was wondering that too. Remind me if I forget what happened but where did the little white prisoner go? Seems like he just disappeared towards the end too. Did he snatch her up?
Good question. Now that you mentioned it, I dont remember seeing him at the end either... Hmmm. Now i have to watch it again, unless someone chimes in.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:08 PM   #45
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

That door led outside, so why didnt Hershel see her?
VETTE_50_TH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #46
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
What exactly is so fake about it? Besides zombies of course.
Umm everything? The acting is terrible, and just in general, you can tell it's very low budget and the entire thing just seems, fake. Come on, you can't be that sheltered that you've never seen a low budget film, or some terrible TV series where you just stare in amazement at how the camera angles, the environment, the acting, the flow of the whole thing looks fake and just, cheesy.

Also, please see DC2 posts below for an even more detailed answer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkWhtTSI View Post
Dont like it because they create their vfx with a Green Screen? Sooo you must hate 99% of movies that have come out in the past 10 years.

If anything it makes it that much more awesome that they created this world. Here's a video to show you how its done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4Zute7ARY
Thanks, but I don't need a lesson in green screen, yes I know how it works, yes I know movies use them too. I didn't say I didn't like it because of that, I said I didn't like it because it was obvious. It's clearly low budget, but even still, I've seen some low budget films with better acting and better effects than this. It's just bad. No one need get their panties in a bunch over this. I'm clearly in the minority with my opinion, and it's just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
What's fake about it?

- Nearly every aspect regarding their survival up to this point, especially at the farm. Where are they getting food? Clean water? Those two things would take up probably 80% of their day and their other resources. That's a known fact in any survival situation. How would they secure the farm? One person on watch surely wouldn't have been enough. The whole second season they were going about their business on that farm like they had nothing to worry about other than the occasional walker encounter.

- Firearms and their usage. This is the number one thing that stands out to anyone who knows anything about guns. First of all, they continue on using only their measly pistols and revolvers and completely ignored the piles of weapons, ammo and vehicles at the CDC. That's reason enough to dismiss the entire show as ridiculous. Add in the fact that recoil is non-existent and round count is never an issue (Hershel's never ending 12 ga.), the effortless head shots at any distance with any weapon, etc. and it makes it pretty funny.

- Interaction with other groups they encounter. People would not allow others to join their group unless they had significant skills or supplies to offer and would not end up as a hindrance to the group. Things would be far more cutthroat and in no way would you see much sympathy even for the most helpless people. The Governor killing the soldiers was the most realistic part of the series so far in the sense that they had something he wanted and he would kill them and take control of the supplies rather than include them in his group. The unrealistic part of that scenario is where "battle hardened" soldiers (at least 1 yr. + of collapse survival, saying nothing of pre-collapse training and experience) simply stand there without reacting while they are being massacred. The soldiers would have been the ones in control of that situation, even when being attacked.

- Terrible inconsistencies with the transmission of the virus (how and why people become walkers). A scratch or bite turns you, yet they can hack off heads and splatter blood all over themselves at contact distance with no consequences. They worry about a walker that fell into the well but not about the ones that are contaminating the rest of the water supply. Daryl can fire bolts into walkers' heads and then just rip them out and reuse them after wiping the blood on his jeans.

I could go on and on. I understand that it's just a TV show and that they're more focused on the story, but you asked how it's fake and these are just a few examples. With that said, I do enjoy the show and I've watched every episode. It's just that while other people watch and don't see or care about the fake stuff, I laugh at every commercial break because of how ridiculously unrealistic it is.

And yeah, I'm pretty psyched about this season as well. Carl is getting better, although I still think he's pretty annoying. They're finally starting to get a little crazier and show some more serious issues instead of the interpersonal drama. Hopefully it stays that way.

Holy! Someone on TST with some common sense and the ability to understand someone elses point of view. Well done sir, well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
How could I possibly watch the show more? Should I watch every episode three more times?

It's a show about a zombie apocalypse taking place in "real life", not some crazy sci-fi alternate universe where people are shooting lasers and flying with super powers. How would anyone be able to watch a show like this and ignore the things that are inconsistent and unrealistic? That's what sets good shows and movies apart from bad ones, realism and consistency. It blows my mind that there are people out there who aren't bothered by the fact that a TV show airs a scene where a guy is shooting a pump shotgun 20+ times without reloading and people are surviving for a year+ after the collapse of civilization and they rarely even mention anything relating to how they survived. These are things that can actually make a show high quality without changing the budget whatsoever.

So many people are obsessed with "who's f**king who" instead of actual content, and that's why most TV shows are lame. That's all I'm trying to say.
Agreed.
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:11 AM   #47
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

In all fairness the firearms thing isn't an issue. I have extended mags in Battlefield 3 and don't run out of ammo LOL.

In the end, it is about entertainment and I'm entertained by the show.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #48
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

I get that you don't like the acting, and there is certain things lacking realism, but I just can't understand how your sitting here and saying its cheesy? Iv probably watched 90% of the horror/slasher movies on Netflix, and the special effects and makeup in those can't even be compared to The Walking Dead.... Its not like people are getting their heads chopped off, the camera cuts away, and you see blood spray on the wall? The makeup for the Zombies is up there with the best of them, and I see no difference in camera angles vs any other TV show. Its not a movie production where they have 6 different cameras filming each scene... Again, just like any other show.

I don't know what to tell you about the environment? Its based off the comics, which has pictures, and a lot of the environments look just like the comic.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #49
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

So I watched ep 4 again to try figuring out what the hell happened to Carol. Both surviving prisoners were present at the end of the episode, but I did notice in the begining when Carol was practicing the C-Section on the zombie bitch, someone was looking at her from the bushes. Could have been the little prisoner that F'd **** up or someone else. So i believe that story is going to be played out at some point.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #50
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Blu View Post
So I watched ep 4 again to try figuring out what the hell happened to Carol. Both surviving prisoners were present at the end of the episode, but I did notice in the begining when Carol was practicing the C-Section on the zombie bitch, someone was looking at her from the bushes. Could have been the little prisoner that F'd **** up or someone else. So i believe that story is going to be played out at some point.
Either the prisoner or a scout from woodbury. I'm sure they'll address Carol next week - unless they treat her like the russian from the Sopranos - just runs off and is never spoken of again...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #51
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh View Post
Either the prisoner or a scout from woodbury. I'm sure they'll address Carol next week - unless they treat her like the russian from the Sopranos - just runs off and is never spoken of again...
I watched the talking dead and something is going to happen. I think there is another person in the woods. We will see. I just dont understand how it happened though, because Hershel should have seen her walk out that door.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #52
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Maybe that door didn't actually lead back to the same yard? I originally thought it was Merle in the woods but it seems he really doesn't know where they are. Did rick pick up her bandanna or whatever was on her head as they were walking by Tdawg or was it something else?

Ninja edit: Duh just realized rick and them walked out the door Carol did and ended up in the same yard, so you would think Herschel would have seen her. Hmm...

FRP™ #5
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Quote:
Maybe that door didn't actually lead back to the same yard? I originally thought it was Merle in the woods but it seems he really doesn't know where they are. Did rick pick up her bandanna or whatever was on her head as they were walking by Tdawg or was it something else?

Ninja edit: Duh just realized rick and them walked out the door Carol did and ended up in the same yard, so you would think Herschel would have seen her. Hmm...
Darrel picked up her scarf, and looking at her run out the door, it looked like she just bolted out and went right. Rick and them bolted out and went left. Also noticed when Carrol ran out she pushed the door open, but when Rick came out it looked like the door was pulled in leading me to think they came out different doors, but I believe im thinking too deep. lol
Old 11-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #54
VETTE_50_TH
Tri-State Addict

Member #8419

Quote:

See thats what im saying. WTF is going on. I noticed that as soon as they looked at the scarf and walked out.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #55
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

They're playing mind games with us!

FRP™ #5
Old 11-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #56
Chris B.
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #14208

My Ride:
is Sonic Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
What exactly is so fake about it? Besides zombies of course.
There is a roving band of Mexicans that continues to move the grass everywhere in the entire country without being affected by the zombies.

How else can you explain the perfectly manicured grass at the farm and the prison and everywhere else after the zombie apocalypse?

Chris B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #57
BlkWhtTSI
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7329

My Ride:
1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD, '701/2 Camaro RS, '85 Mustang GT

Send a message via AIM to BlkWhtTSI
Regarding the grass being mowed, all up until this season everything took place over the course of a month. Grass probably wouldnt be too long by that point. However this season being 8 months later the grass should be pretty freakin long but it isnt :/

Carol hmmm i noticed she just wasnt in the episode and nobody seemed to really miss her... This episode there were 3 grave sites... Lori T-Dawg and I guess Carol? They think she's dead?
Quote:
Get some signatures in so you can post pics of your car.
BlkWhtTSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict

Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkWhtTSI View Post
Regarding the grass being mowed, all up until this season everything took place over the course of a month. Grass probably wouldnt be too long by that point. However this season being 8 months later the grass should be pretty freakin long but it isnt :/

Carol hmmm i noticed she just wasnt in the episode and nobody seemed to really miss her... This episode there were 3 grave sites... Lori T-Dawg and I guess Carol? They think she's dead?
Yeah they think Carol is dead. At the end of episode 4 when Hershel asked for T-dog and Carol they said "they didn't make it"
Old 11-12-2012, 04:15 PM   #59
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

Yea and Daryl put the flower on Carols. The concern I have is there was a grave dug up for her and the fresh dirt at her cross. So did they just bury her scarf or is she actually dead and they're just not really going about it in a very good way? Maybe she quit in the middle of filming the season? haha.

FRP™ #5
Old 11-12-2012, 04:26 PM   #60
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

AFTER THE CREDITS SPOILER OMGOMG OMG OMG; none of you watch after teh credits? they find carols knife next week.

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote