TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Add a quote reminder because its awshoome

There are a lot of forums implementing new things, which are mostly pointless, but one thing I saw which is awesome and super convenient is the quote alert system (not sure if there is a real name for it). Basically, its just like your private messages at the top of the page. Instead of a number representing your new messages, you have a 2nd number representing new quotes. There is a page like the statistics page where you can view a users posts, except its for quotes. So you just click on the number at the top of your page, and are taken to the quotes page where you can directly go to the post in a thread where you were quoted.

It's pretty great IMO. Seems like more people respond when they are quoted this way, and you don't have people bumping dying threads because they read through it again and saw that someone quoted them. You also don't have to check on every single thread you wrote in to see if someone responded.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
What forums have you seen this on? I do use one forum that has this and have already put it on my (very long) to do list. If you have other examples of forums that use it I'd be interested to check them out! Thanks for the suggestion...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

slickdeals uses it.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/

This is where I saw it. They have a lot of different features but I thought the quote thing was pretty nice. And the way they have it set up is relatively clean.

Left side is what it looks like with out any notifications, right is when you have a notification. You just click the drop down and from there you can go to the different pages. The pages are set up just like a statistics page that displays your posts. So if you click quote, it displays all posts that you used a quote in, or were quoted in. If you are thanked (same concept as liking something on facebook) than it displays a page of who thanked which posts. Most of the stuff on that specific site is just to keep people entertained, but I thought the quoting this was a great idea.

mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

I like this idea as well, but is it on an IPB forum or vBulletin? Looks vBulletin'ish but sometimes the addons are not available for every forum type.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #6
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
Pretty cool idea actually.

I often forget about conversations I have in threads and end up going back very late when people respond to me

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote