TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2016, 09:56 AM   #1
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Alpha 9 Perfect Street Car

At the end of last year I made the final decision to finally take my 2010 GT-R to the next level from FBO E85 to Alpha 9 power on E85. I really did not have any specific dyno numbers to hit because I know its just simply a tuning tool and a comparison to baseline is all that matters. I also did not want to get disappointment in just a number. I wanted to let the real world numbers do the expectation building and placeholding.

The car was sent in for surgery at the beginning of February and the car was ready for break in by mid May. A couple weeks ago I finally was able to pick the car up from final tuning. It is making around 835whp/725tq. @ 27psi on E85 and on pump 725whp/630tq @ 21 psi. There is definitely more left on the table, but honestly the car is incredibly fast on the street.

The spool of the Alpha 9s is just incredible I really don't notice too much lag even when I was FBO E85. What I am more impressed with is the A9's ability to still keep pulling to 8k. I think that maybe aided by the head being built (not ported). Rick at Defiv Power Inc did a phenomenal job dialing the car in with both idle and power. In all honestly the car runs exactly like it did on stock turbos just with a ton more power to redline. This to me is the perfect street car setup with no compromises that can run with just about anything on the road.

I have a vbox sport arriving tomorrow and I can't wait to do some testing as we need to do more final tuning on the launch strategy. This car will be running only R888s. I don't want a DR or a slick. 1/4 mile goal is to trap 148-150 with mid 9s and 60-130 around 4.5 so we shall see.

My current Mod List is below.

Engine:

3.8L Built Engine

Tomei 256/264 Cams with Tomei Single Springs and Upgraded Valves

GT1R Catch Can

Trans:

Shep 2.5v2 Trans and GT1R Trans Brace

Turbo & I/C:

Alpha 9+ Turbos and Intakes

Visconti Speed Density Kit

Alpha Race Intercooler

Gotboost Piping and Tial BOVs (10psi spring)

AMS Alpha 4 Bar MAP sensor

Exhaust:

76mm SSP Downpipes and 90mm Midpipe and 90mm SBD Catback Race V1

Fuel:

ID2000cc Injectors

Dual 485 Pumps Hardwired and Stock Rails and Regulator

Gotboost Flex Fuel Kit and Fuel Pressure Sensor

Tuning:

ECUTEK Tuning done by Dietrich (Rick) Froehlic @ Defiv Power Inc

Last edited by RU EVO; 06-13-2016 at 09:59 AM.
RU EVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #2
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

I always though the Alpha cars would be spectacular street cars. AWD lets you use the power and its reasonably reliable.

Any plans to do anything but drag race. Track days?

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM   #3
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
I always though the Alpha cars would be spectacular street cars. AWD lets you use the power and its reasonably reliable.

Any plans to do anything but drag race. Track days?
Aside from the AWD the Ecutek software makes it that much better. It has so many built in features for a stock ECU that are usually found in standalones. The stuff you can do and easy adjustments to make on the fly are crazy.

For road course nothing planned at the moment for this year, but I have been seeing a couple events at the Pocono Raceway for road course pop up this year that I might try out. Will probably run it on straight pump on wastegate.

I had the car at NJMP once last year.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:04 AM   #4
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU EVO View Post
Aside from the AWD the Ecutek software makes it that much better. It has so many built in features for a stock ECU that are usually found in standalones. The stuff you can do and easy adjustments to make on the fly are crazy.

For road course nothing planned at the moment for this year, but I have been seeing a couple events at the Pocono Raceway for road course pop up this year that I might try out. Will probably run it on straight pump on wastegate.

I had the car at NJMP once last year.

My friend did track night in america at pocono a few weeks ago and said it was good. For the money its hard to beat.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #5
DEFiVpower
Noob-Jersey

Member #27270

I do have a throttle trim vs rotational G input in custom maps I've been dying to try out
NJMP is always a great time...
DEFiVpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:13 PM   #6
saxon
Tri-State Addict

Member #21656

My Ride:
2015 m3

beautiful, i am jealous!

have to have soo much money into this car its crazy!
saxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:35 PM   #7
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFiVpower View Post
I do have a throttle trim vs rotational G input in custom maps I've been dying to try out
NJMP is always a great time...
Old 06-15-2016, 01:38 PM   #8
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxon View Post
beautiful, i am jealous!

have to have soo much money into this car its crazy!
Thanks. I could have done it cheaper with substitute competitor parts, but in my experience with modding cars do it right the first time with quality so you never have to do it again. Reliability was the most important thing with this build.

Also the AMS Branding gives the car more value and their parts move at light speed in the resale market compared to other competitors.

Last edited by RU EVO; 06-15-2016 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2016, 06:00 PM   #9
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

I remember when you brought your evo to the garage meet right after you had graduated rutgers, now you have an alpha 9 gtr; dreams do come true. What did you study again?
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:57 AM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Very nice, sounds like a great setup for the street and of course the track. I can't imagine having 800+ all wheel horsepower on tap with no real traction issues -- it just goes straight without any drama.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:01 AM   #11
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
I remember when you brought your evo to the garage meet right after you had graduated rutgers, now you have an alpha 9 gtr; dreams do come true. What did you study again?
Yep those were the good old days. I studied accounting and jumped around in the manufacturing cost accounting/financial analyst world for a little bit. Now I am Product Manager, but yeah this was my dream car and still is. Nothing out there really appeals to me. Its kind of weird actually being content with a car.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:05 AM   #12
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
Very nice, sounds like a great setup for the street and of course the track. I can't imagine having 800+ all wheel horsepower on tap with no real traction issues -- it just goes straight without any drama.
Honestly its perfect. Just did some test runs in the 1/8 mile on the street with cold tires, no prep, and crappy ethanol content and even bouncing off the limiter going into 3rd the car was doing 112 in the 1/8.

0-60s with no BOTL on the street is 2.9-3.0 on R888s.

Can't really beat it and the scary part is the tune is more on the conservative side.
Old 07-07-2016, 05:49 PM   #13
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sI4nHMnGHc

Video of 1/4 mile run 9.87 not too bad for the first time out.

Last edited by RU EVO; 07-07-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #14
RU EVO
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15212

My Ride:
Alpha 9 GTR

Went back to the track last night and my first run was a 9.6 @138. Mph was not that high, but I did get a weird hesitation around 100mph in 3rd. The boost was increased to 30 with some additional timing up top so maybe a tq. management tweak might help. The car did trap 142 with a 1.68 60' on another run, but I lost it in 2nd a little from traction. I was very surprised to crack a 1.4 60' on R888s.

DA 1152
R888s on Stock CBA Wheels
BOTL-1-3psi
RPM 2900
Tire Pressure 30psi up front and 25psi rear