TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Mitsubishi Talk
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 09:32 AM   #1
Harrison486
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #4533

My Ride:
2004 Nissan Spec V

Send a message via AIM to Harrison486
Need Some Info About Eclipses

Hey guys! What's up? So my girlfriend owns a '98 second gen Eclipse. Somehow she managed to break her right front (passenger's side) headlight lens. The light still works and everything, just the lens is cracked/shattered. So what do I have to replace? Can I replace the lens or do I have to put in a whole new headlight assembly? Any idea where I could find what I need for cheap? Also, how hard of an uninstall/install is this gonna be?

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Harrison486; 08-17-2007 at 09:35 AM.
Harrison486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #2
freebmx444
Tri-State Addict

Member #1929

there a pain to do! are you loking to put a stock one back on? or ebay halo headlights? you do have to replace everything pm me for more info
Old 08-19-2007, 04:02 PM   #3
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

Send a message via AIM to Kevin
You would be better off buying a new set of headlights. I have a pair of the old ones for sale if your interested lol 95-96. You can't get the lens cover. Even if you have the headlights its hard as hell to get off, you have to put them in the oven to heat the glue up. Just find a new headlight. Search ebay motors.

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
Sberk06
Tri-State Addict

Member #2730

My Ride:
07 ZX6-R

Send a message via AIM to Sberk06
buy a new set of headlights, and then i know someone who will buy the driver side one man! (as long as its OEM and not halo)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
even your girlfriend thinks you're a ricer haha
Sberk06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
Harrison486

Member #4533

My Ride:
2004 Nissan Spec V

I hear its a pain to uninstall/install headlights... I hope Im gonna be able to do this
Old 08-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #6
MissDSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2277

My Ride:
97 GSX

Maybe its bc i've had to pull my bumper on and off so many times, but i really dont think its that big of a pain. And 97-99 eclipse headlights are expensive in comparison to 95-96 headlights. IF you can find just the lense to a 97-99 headlight then get that and put it on, if your comfortable with heating and sealing it. Heat guns work best in my opinion, i wasnt comfortable with just throwing them in the oven to bake lol. But it all depends on if youd rather pay more and have an easy installation, or if you want to pay less and have the time to just replace the lense. Buying a new headlight would obviously be the easier solution, either way the headlight will have to come out in which you'll probably have to take that side of the bumper off in the process.

1997 Eclipse GSX For Sale

04-05 STi under $20k WTB
MissDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Harrison486

Member #4533

My Ride:
2004 Nissan Spec V

Im pretty sure I want to just get a new oem headlight if possible... Seems easier than then baking option and less expensive than other new headlight types...

Can I find instructions on this anywhere?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
MissDSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2277

My Ride:
97 GSX

You're thinking its harder then it really is, im not even sure there are instructions bc its that simple. You'll probably have to unbolt the passenger side of the bumper, which is a couple bolts in the wheelwell, and you'll probably have to take off the bolts holding down the center of the bumper. Then unbolt the headlight, and the bulbs pop right in and out of the headlight. Everythings pretty much right in front of you, anyone with common sense can easily figure it out.

1997 Eclipse GSX For Sale

04-05 STi under $20k WTB
MissDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #9
Im2Slow
Tri-State Addict

Member #4567

y dont you just pay or ask missdsm to do it?
Im2Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #10
turbo4g63
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1057

My Ride:
98' 4runner

Send a message via AIM to turbo4g63
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDSM View Post
Maybe its bc i've had to pull my bumper on and off so many times, but i really dont think its that big of a pain. And 97-99 eclipse headlights are expensive in comparison to 95-96 headlights. IF you can find just the lense to a 97-99 headlight then get that and put it on, if your comfortable with heating and sealing it. Heat guns work best in my opinion, i wasnt comfortable with just throwing them in the oven to bake lol. But it all depends on if youd rather pay more and have an easy installation, or if you want to pay less and have the time to just replace the lense. Buying a new headlight would obviously be the easier solution, either way the headlight will have to come out in which you'll probably have to take that side of the bumper off in the process.
i completely agree....i have also become very good at taking the front bumper off. My record is like 10 minutes, another 2 min. to get the bumper support off. from there the headlight can come right out, its only 3 bolts
Old 08-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
ahhh fun headlight removal, mines sitting there not even bolted in

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 PM   #12
Harrison486

Member #4533

My Ride:
2004 Nissan Spec V

Well the problem is that my girlfriend lives in Maryland so Im going to be doing this when I got back school at the University of Maryland...
Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM   #13
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

2 bolts below side markers on both sides.

2 plastic pop screws below the headlights going into the bumper renforcement.

5 bolts on the framing of the radiatoor support. Easy to get to.

I hate how they put these cars together. But I love driving em.

Quote:
Thanks dude, you should know better than to think id ditch my dsm's for a vw... lol.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:30 PM   #14
Kevin
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2345

My Ride:
EVO

I'm driving right now without a bumper on as a matter of fact. I love it.

except it melts your wheel well shrouds.

Quote: