TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic > General Entertainment
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-15-2010, 12:52 AM   #1
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Send a message via AIM to SpEcRv9
Battlefield Bad Company 2

so who's getting this game in 16 days or playing the demo right now? I'm having more fun with the demo than I have had playing the entire campaign/specops/multiplayer of Modern Warefare 2. I love the action, damage modeling, and basically everything about this game. Every match is a new game, with an entirely different feeling to it, despite it being the same map.

anyone just playing the demo for the first time, give it more than 15 minutes...because for the first 15 minutes I played or anyone else I know played, they were kinda annoyed at the game, but slowly became addicted after a match or two and now love it.

me? I'm a huge fan of the xm8 prototype and UAV, I've found myself being best with those two weapons. My Sniping skills aren't bad either...my medic and engineer classes are a little weak though.

Last edited by SpEcRv9; 02-15-2010 at 12:55 AM.
SpEcRv9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #2
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

I liked the first one a lot, and the graphics were really cool and unique too. I wouldn't say I liked it better than CoD though only because they are really two different games, and I would be in the mood to play one or the other. I loved sniping though, its one of the only console games where you can just hide and snipe the entire time. I never played it, but MAG on PS3 is like the same concept except the games are a lot bigger.
mcperson2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #3
05Accent
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1050

My Ride:
2008 Evo X GSR, 2002 Honda CRV

Send a message via AIM to 05Accent
i think that battlefield is such crap. I bought the frist one when it came out was highly disappointed with the gameplay. one multiplayer game mode, come on. i downloaded the demo thinking it would be an improvement, definitely not, its the same exact thing. crap. IMO.
With MIVEC Turbo
Daily-2002 Honda Crv Cruisin'
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
With Vtec
Quote:
Yea Junior you suck. Everyone boo this man!
Quote:
obviously you have an 05 accent and your picture is just your dream car.
05Accent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #4
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
I liked the first one a lot, and the graphics were really cool and unique too. I wouldn't say I liked it better than CoD though only because they are really two different games, and I would be in the mood to play one or the other. I loved sniping though, its one of the only console games where you can just hide and snipe the entire time.
yeah, the first one was good...but still was lacking shooting wise compared to COD....I'd even say this one is lacking shooting wise compared to MW2 because of how smooth MW2 is and how easy it is to shoot, but overall as a game I'd take BFBC2 any day over it,

BC2 offers much more in every other category, damage, vehicles, uniqueness to every game because of the damage, and satisfaction...I could shoot a guy not kill him and lose track of where he went, he'll get killed 2 minutes later and I still get assist points for it? that's very satisfying. Hell I even get points for spotting an enemy that ends up getting killed because of me spotting him.

Some people will still prefer MW2, because they prefer the small gun battles, but I like feeling like I'm in an actual ground war. Which brings up another point, the map size, I'd say 1/4 of the BC2 demo "Rush" map is the size of 1 MW2 map, and there still being 9 more maps to come with the full game release, it offers up so much more in terms of maps.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Accent View Post
i think that battlefield is such crap. I bought the frist one when it came out was highly disappointed with the gameplay. one multiplayer game mode, come on. i downloaded the demo thinking it would be an improvement, definitely not, its the same exact thing. crap. IMO.
the first one as in first bad company?...yeah, the biggest mistake that game had was releasing with 1 online game mode....Rush isn't that great of a game mode for being the only game mode available, I've actually found myself falling in love with it through playing the demo in BC2, at first I wasn't a fan...but now I actively go after the checkpoint and love helping out my team rather than worrying about myself...but I don't expect to play it religously when the game comes out....

It really comes down to most people loving or hating it, I just so happen to love it.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
I'll try the demo again. I need a bigger hard drive lol.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:31 AM   #7
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

yeah, I strongly suggest if you're just coming off a MW2 kick, that you give it more than 15 minutes...cause you won't have the hang of it at first and be all "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" @ it, even I was thinking that, and I couldn't wait for the demo.......but once you understand how everything and everyone works and some of the weapons at your dispense...it's a great time.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:31 AM   #8
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

I can't get enough of this demo. Little brother showed it to me yesterday. Damage/health, weapons, vehicles, actual drop on bullets. Everything is > mw2

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

I still remember when I went to a LAN center back in the day with my friend and his brother and I played BF1942 for the first time, on the super computers... I hadn't ever heard of the game before, but as soon as I got in game I was like
Old 02-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #10
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I can't get enough of this demo. Little brother showed it to me yesterday. Damage/health, weapons, vehicles, actual drop on bullets. Everything is > mw2
the actual drop on bullets is very satisfying when you aim above a target's head fire the shot and it's a perfect headshot. I basically get a satisfaction feeling from doing anything in the game that gives you points. Weather it's 10 for an assist or 100+ for destroying an objective or vehicle.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
03MSP
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14857

My Ride:
03 Mazdaspeed Protege

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcperson2k View Post
I still remember when I went to a LAN center back in the day with my friend and his brother and I played BF1942 for the first time, on the super computers... I hadn't ever heard of the game before, but as soon as I got in game I was like
haha we use to play the crap out of that.. we also downloaded mods for it as well.. good times.. ill be buying bc2 for the pc more than likely
03MSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #12
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

I've been playing it off and on. For the most part, I like it, though at times it feels a little clunky. Especially the knife, that works terribly.

I enjoy the sense of being engaged in a battle rather than just playing hide-n-go-seek in MW2. Not to mention in MW2 I can't pilot my UAV and run people over with it, haha! Oh, and I sniped the pilot out of an Apache once which was even more awesome.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:02 PM   #13
The Captain
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3369

My Ride:
Prelude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I've been playing it off and on. For the most part, I like it, though at times it feels a little clunky. Especially the knife, that works terribly.
I kinda like the delay and inaccuracy on the knife. The instant kill of mw2 is just ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
I enjoy the sense of being engaged in a battle rather than just playing hide-n-go-seek in MW2. Not to mention in MW2 I can't pilot my UAV and run people over with it, haha! Oh, and I sniped the pilot out of an Apache once which was even more awesome.
Hah, I tried that but was miserable at hitting the pilot. But i did hit it with a RPG which was satisfying. And chasing it around the sky with the UAV is also a good time.

- "America is all about speed - hot, nasty bad-ass speed." Eleanor Roosevelt (1965)
The Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

**** you guys, now I need to buy another PS3 so I can play.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #15
c0nfl1kt
Tri-State Dictator

Member #10332

My Ride:
Family car.

Send a message via AIM to c0nfl1kt Send a message via MSN to c0nfl1kt
Honestly, I can say that MW2 is a huge hide and seek or "RUSH THAT ONE SPOT AND LETS HOLD IT!". Every match feels like a Domination match. Even the old counter strike felt more balanced than this at times. I still wish they would release a counter strike source for xbox.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 PM   #16
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
I kinda like the delay and inaccuracy on the knife. The instant kill of mw2 is just ridiculous

Hah, I tried that but was miserable at hitting the pilot. But i did hit it with a RPG which was satisfying. And chasing it around the sky with the UAV is also a good time.
I agree with liking the inaccuracy...it's not an insta kill, and I like that.

yeah I got sniped one day while piloting an apache...I was shocked.

yesterday I was parachuting down to the attackers first point, and I was like **** it I'll fire off a shot with the M24, it ended up being a head shot on some dude on the defenders concrete structure thing across the map. That'll probably never happen again.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:29 AM   #17
mcperson2k
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13471

My Ride:
██▓▒░

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post

yesterday I was parachuting down to the attackers first point, and I was like **** it I'll fire off a shot with the M24, it ended up being a head shot on some dude on the defenders concrete structure thing across the map. That'll probably never happen again.
Lol, probably not.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:46 AM   #18
Xavier
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7219

My Ride:
has that V-Twin rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpEcRv9 View Post

Haha, I think there is an accuracy boost or some sick auto-aim when you're 'chuting because I've gotten headshots multiple times.
$50 if some one will break nicks fingers. i dont know how many times i can read just how cool he is.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:20 AM   #19
SpEcRv9
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6190

My Ride:
korean supra.

I hope that guy got to watch me parachuting down in the kill cam...he was probably pissed.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:25 AM   #20
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

love this game cant wait for the full version to come out... call of duty just seems dull now prestige already means nothing and any fag that can look at youtube can get unlimited care packages... tag in sig send message if my list is full sayin ur from tst

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote