TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 01-21-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
Insurance questions

so i got a letter today stating that state farm is dropping me because of 2 accidents that my fiance was involved in. both were determined her fault, neither was anything major. my problem is that she has insurance on her own car, but she just happened to be driving my cars when both accidents occurred. how can the cancel my insurance policy when i wasnt involved in an accident, and she is covered on her own policy. on both occasions her insurance was brought up, but neither time did her insurance pay out. i need advise from the experts. thanks.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Send a message via AIM to 1988 Olds
Ok the easiest way to explain this to you is insurance covers the car not the driver.

In your case you insured your cars with State Farm. If any of your cars get in an accident, no matter who is driving as long as they have permission, it's going to he help against your policy. Unfortantly as messed up as this sounds that's the way the system works. This is why you'll hear many opinions on whether you should let a buddy or friend borrow your car. Again unfortantly both were her fault so you really got screwed in this case.

If you want to send me a PM with some of your info I can get you a price for insurance with Allstate, that's where I work. Whatever you do don't let your policy with State Farm end before you sign up somewhere else or you will get bent over with no lube for a price.

Any other ?s you or anyone has is more then welcome to PM me. At least I can use some of the knowledge I spent months learning.

Dynoed at 237hp and 292lbs at the rear wheels.
Hmm ran 13.52 @ 103.42 11/10/06
1994 Hunter Green Acura Integra DB7, Stock
1988 Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Its cause your cars cost them money, reguarless who was at fault. Call the guy above. Allstate gave me the best deal even though I have no accidents but I do have a ticket for speeding 15+ from 2007.

I'm paying $160 a month for my 04 GTO, 97 Talon(non-turbo), and 01 GSXR600
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Thanks man.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Jon@WrightAgency
Tri-State Addict

Member #7093

My Ride:
All Types of Cars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post
Ok the easiest way to explain this to you is insurance covers the car not the driver.

In your case you insured your cars with State Farm. If any of your cars get in an accident, no matter who is driving as long as they have permission, it's going to he help against your policy. Unfortantly as messed up as this sounds that's the way the system works. This is why you'll hear many opinions on whether you should let a buddy or friend borrow your car. Again unfortantly both were her fault so you really got screwed in this case.

That is some good info right there. Feel free to PM me also or email if you want to explore your options. A lot of the time the "big companies" like State Farm, etc wont work with you as much as I can being an independant agent. Also, not to sound like your Father/Mother but cases like this are exactly why you need to think twice about loaning out your car.

Loan your car, loan your insurance.
Jon@WrightAgency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 12:34 PM   #6
Whitekryptonit3
Tri-State Addict

Member #7046

My Ride:
MK5 .:R32 #832

Send a message via AIM to Whitekryptonit3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@WrightAgency View Post
That is some good info right there. Feel free to PM me also or email if you want to explore your options. A lot of the time the "big companies" like State Farm, etc wont work with you as much as I can being an independant agent. Also, not to sound like your Father/Mother but cases like this are exactly why you need to think twice about loaning out your car.

Yes sir...extrememly true statement.I've had to learn the hardway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Quote:
Agree. If you aren't here legally, don't think multiplying will save you. You're all swimming back, newborn and all.
Truth.
Whitekryptonit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:38 PM   #7
ThePrimerSuspect
Tri-State Addict

Member #1241

Send a message via AIM to ThePrimerSuspect
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988 Olds View Post

If you want to send me a PM with some of your info I can get you a price for insurance with Allstate, that's where I work. Whatever you do don't let your policy with State Farm end before you sign up somewhere else or you will get bent over with no lube for a price.

Any other ?s you or anyone has is more then welcome to PM me. At least I can use some of the knowledge I spent months learning.
unfortunately, i was in an accident 3 years ago when i had allstate (not my fault, but it was a hit and run so they had to pay me). they said my rates wouldnt go up. six months later they doubled. so they kinda left a bad taste in my mouth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@WrightAgency View Post

its not really loaning my car when i plan to marry her and we have a son lol. but i get what your trying to say. but now this has me worried about what im gonna do when i put her on my policy? im sure my insurance will triple. i went with state farm through an agent and they have been nothing but great to me for the last 2 years. i spoke with them today and they said they would talk to the underwriter and see what can be done. but after that i will be in touch with you. thanks guys.
ThePrimerSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:56 AM   #8
1988 Olds
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #201

My Ride:
2012 Chevy Cruze

Sounds good.