TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
maxpower
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #589

IT Job available at my company

Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up about a system admin (contract) position (part time) that's available where I work in Bristol. If anyone's interested, send me your info and I will return with more details.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
IP addressed are like bellybuttons, everyone has one. if thats about what i know about IT you think i'm qualified?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #3
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Send a message via AIM to SexyDSM95
Hrmm what would the hours be and how much?
SexyDSM95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:44 PM   #4
S4toSTI
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #348

My Ride:
Cars are so 2007

Send a message via AIM to S4toSTI
LOLOL... I don't think they need pictures taken of underaged high school girls i think they need people who know how to use a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL
Bryan: hmm Word says streetable isnt a word but i say f*** Word
"Its not a Rice Rocket its a Matzah Missile" -RichK
S4toSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:46 PM   #5
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

what qualifications are they looking for? Cause I can BS like crazy.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 03:56 PM   #6
maxpower
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #589

We need someone who can maintain an active directory network consisting of 6 servers, 50 workstations and a friendly group of users. You need to know some ms-exchange.
maxpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 04:31 PM   #7
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Done it before...again pay and what hours are they looking for?
Old 04-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #8
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
LOL BRYAN talk about perfect timing this came up last night at the pub. Anyway I'd also be pretty interested if you would like I have a resume that I will send you. You say its part time. Is it open to full time after a while if I work hard?

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #9
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyDSM95
Done it before...again pay and what hours are they looking for?

when have u ever worked in IT?

seriously i never knew.

<--- AD 2k3, VMWare, cisco, extreme networks, packeteer, citrix, sql, etc etc
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:41 AM   #10
G1GSX
Tri-State Addict

Member #566

Send a message via AIM to G1GSX
i went to school for network engineering and technology administration but never bothered to go get my certs
G1GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:57 AM   #11
BlackBulletTSi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #224

My Ride:
99 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to BlackBulletTSi
yea unfortunately have no certs I wish I did I gotta get me some. OH and Sandra worked at Circuit City I know for a little bit and she's pretty knowledgable in teh area of comops. I'm still betta though sorry ha iono actually but yea I'm really interested.

New DJ community being built,
COMING SOON!!
BlackBulletTSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:58 AM   #12
G1GSX
Tri-State Addict

Member #566

Send a message via AIM to G1GSX
i was the tech writer for webgate internet also did help desk but im happy with the job i have now should be makin 25 an hour be the end of the year that makes me :-D
G1GSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:30 AM   #13
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
Yeah the certifications suck trying to get them. Its not because you have to study like everything, it’s because if you go and take the test without studying EVERY word out of the text book, you just lost like $300 dollars. I hate how certifications cost so much money.. just for a piece of paper. However it forces you to really study the stuff, and know what the heck is it before going into taking the test. If they made it like $50 bucks, hell I take certifications for the hell of it. So far I have picked up my Network+ and C-Tech certification. At some point before the start of summer, I plan to pickup my A+. Its funny because I deal with computers and networks everyday.. and I don’t have my A+. Also I find it funny that you can have a certification in CCNA and CCNP, and still not get hired by best buy “geek squad” because you don’t have you’re A+ Cert. If you are still looking for someone, give me a PM.. guess we will see.

- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #14
igo4bmx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #592

My Ride:
2009 Audi A3 Quattro, 2008 BMW X5, 2003 WW Evo8, 2000 Turbo SOHC Civic

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme
Yeah the certifications suck trying to get them. Its not because you have to study like everything, it’s because if you go and take the test without studying EVERY word out of the text book, you just lost like $300 dollars. I hate how certifications cost so much money.. just for a piece of paper. However it forces you to really study the stuff, and know what the heck is it before going into taking the test. If they made it like $50 bucks, hell I take certifications for the hell of it. So far I have picked up my Network+ and C-Tech certification. At some point before the start of summer, I plan to pickup my A+. Its funny because I deal with computers and networks everyday.. and I don’t have my A+. Also I find it funny that you can have a certification in CCNA and CCNP, and still not get hired by best buy “geek squad” because you don’t have you’re A+ Cert. If you are still looking for someone, give me a PM.. guess we will see.

some of the certifications require you to take a class which is alot of money
I in a Citrix class which my company is paying for, but is required before even trying to take the test, and its $1995.

I know i can get certified as a VMWare Cert Prof, but the class costs $3000 for 4 days
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:29 AM   #15
SexyDSM95
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by igo4bmx
when have u ever worked in IT?

seriously i never knew.

<--- AD 2k3, VMWare, cisco, extreme networks, packeteer, citrix, sql, etc etc
Just because we're both asian doesn't mean we grew up together son! When I lived in Arizona I went to school for Systems Engineering for two years, and I was the network admin/dispatcher which took charge of about 20 PC's on top of GPS units in the 'tard carts.

I also worked at Staples for awhile which I received low level certs. to do PC Upgrade and Repair. Then, I went to Circuit City to do the same but at the Circuit we also did contracted work for smaller companies (i.e. setting up cash registers that ran through PC's, security cameras, etc.) in the area.

Like I said if the hours are what I am looking for as well as the pay I do not mind applying.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #16
05GT
The TST IT Ninja

Member #1598

My Ride:
2007 SRT8 Jeep / 2013 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceXtreme

Its funny you say that, but I can kind of see why they wouldn't. I'm a systems admin at my job, and some of the programers here are really good, but they don't know their a$$hole from a ps2 port.
CCNA covers networking, topology of a network, you know, it's not designed to teach you hardware. (Though anyone smart enough to have a Cisco cert should know the hardware too) But you just never know! lol
05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #17
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
So what qualifications are you guys looking for??

I could fill that spot...however like people before me....am not paper-certified.

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:11 PM   #18
Intercooled T
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #207

My Ride:
2003 Toyota Rav4

What does this pay? Is it part time? Might be interested if so, I'm a sysadmin too...

websphere 5/6 & aix certs, b.s. in c.i.s

2013 Nissan Juke, 1.6T/Auto/FWD (wife's car lol
)
Intercooled T is offline   Reply With Quote