TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #5821
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced

I love his channel, tons of interesting videos, reviews, comparisons, etc. He can nail that 80 yard plate with just about anything, even snubbies
80?! He has videos of himself hitting a plate at 230/240 yards with just about every pistol he's reviewed. Save for the 380s.

I'm not only jealous of his range,but his amoun of ammo. That and all the free stuff people have been giving Him.targets,ammo,holsters,you name it.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #5822
PAFirefighter11
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2302

My Ride:
98 Trans Am WS7 | 01 Trans AM WS6 | 03 VW Golf TDI | 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (ZJ)

Send a message via AIM to PAFirefighter11
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
^ airsoft gun? lol.

i really don't know how much you'd have to pay for exactly what you want, but honestly I'd just look at "regular" wood AK variants and then just swap out the furniture for whatever you want. You can get a black polymer buttstock, handguard, and pistol grip set from Arsenal for +/- $100, or you can buy whatever individual parts that you want and spend much more.
I see the style I want, for the price I want to pay, all the time. My issue is, the bastids are never in stock!! I'm sure it's the gobernments fault
Nikon D2x | Canon AE-1 | SB600 | Nikkor Lenses: 28-105 3.5-4.5 | 50 1.8 | 70-300 4.5-5.6 VR | Tamron 17-50 2.8 | Dakine Sequence | Bogen/Manfrotto 055XPROB tripod | 3231 Monopod | 486RC2 head | AlienBees B1600 | etc.
FDNY 9/11/01 - We will never forget our fallen brothers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane
wow some of you jeep guys party hard
PAFirefighter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #5823
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
Thinking about selling my bodyguard 380... Unfired with an extra mag, desantis cozy partner holster (worn twice? And 250 rds (150 ball, 100 critical defense) shoot me a pm if you want it. The holster was around $70, extra mag $25 and ammo $100 not looking to make a killing but won't get bent over either. Let me know! (Like i said, unfired!)
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:38 PM   #5824
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:
'14 Fiesta ST, 93 Summit Coupe

Just picked up my Romanian AES-10B RPK. I feel like a BOSS with this thing.....anything that has "Bipod, Carry handle and Drum mag" in it's description is bad ASS.

Guns, Girls & Cars...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by HaveBlue83; 03-02-2012 at 11:45 PM.
HaveBlue83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:15 AM   #5825
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
Thinking about selling my bodyguard 380... Unfired with an extra mag, desantis cozy partner holster (worn twice? And 250 rds (150 ball, 100 critical defense) shoot me a pm if you want it. The holster was around $70, extra mag $25 and ammo $100 not looking to make a killing but won't get bent over either. Let me know! (Like i said, unfired!)
Maybe if you shot it you wouldn't be such a vagina about it and actually keep it. I'm just sayin'!!! But I'm gonna tell my buddy that's looking for one anyway .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Munky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #5826
99corvette
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19389

My Ride:
08 Trailblazer SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
Just picked up my Romanian AES-10B RPK. I feel like a BOSS with this thing.....anything that has "Bipod, Carry handle and Drum mag" in it's description is bad ASS.

Nice, my dad has a real unfired yugo rpk, has the heavy fin barrel.
99corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #5827
InfiniteMotors
Tri-State Addict

Member #1410

My Ride:
Cummins Beast and Sports Car of the Year

Anyone going to the Lancaster show today? Report back if it's worth going!
InfiniteMotors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:54 PM   #5828
cmr076
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2319

My Ride:
S4

Send a message via AIM to cmr076
haha Munky I want to like it but the truth is I am a terrible shot with such a small gun... give me a 1911 and i will outshoot almost anyone, cut playing cards in half sideways, etc. every pocket gun i have had (238, keltec, bodyguard) i havent been able to hit the broadside of a barn with no matter how badly I want to convince myself I will practice with it to the point of getting good.
cmr076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #5829
slowZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19575

My Ride:
2009 370 z

I was wondering if anyone has used a clipdraw clip for holstering I like the great concealablity with it but I dont trust leaving a chambered guns trigger exposed
slowZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:43 PM   #5830
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
I can see several other drawbacks like getting sweat on the gun, scratches from slide releases, safeties, etc. and the exposed trigger. Cool concept though, but I think if it was really functional, more people would utilize it.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:47 PM   #5831
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowZ View Post
I was wondering if anyone has used a clipdraw clip for holstering I like the great concealablity with it but I dont trust leaving a chambered guns trigger exposed
You're right to not trust carrying a gun with a chambered round and an exposed trigger. That clipdraw thing is useless for anyone except for someone who carries without a round in the chamber... which is also useless.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #5832
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

i have one barely used in my closet.....i went with a holster.

....and them century monkeys got me! that hammer was ****. the profile was so bad it made the carrier short stroke. filed the **** out of it and finally started running after another 50 rnds. by 100 rnds it was singing well and smoking . i polished it up and will try again soon, I want it throwing brass farther than 5ft so i know its cycling properly. other than that I'm in love with the damn thing

Guns, Girls & Cars...
Old 03-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #5833
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Don't use a clip draw. Plenty of good holsters out there.

Took the gf out shooting today. She loved it. Can't wait to take her out again.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #5834
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

^^^as long as u hold her hip and PUSH her back forward to show her the correct stance so she doesn't do the "female shooting position" everything should be fine

teaching women to shoot is so much fun. they actually listen and try!

Guns, Girls & Cars...
Old 03-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #5835
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
i have one barely used in my closet.....i went with a holster.

....and them century monkeys got me! that hammer was ****. the profile was so bad it made the carrier short stroke. filed the **** out of it and finally started running after another 50 rnds. by 100 rnds it was singing well and smoking . i polished it up and will try again soon, I want it throwing brass farther than 5ft so i know its cycling properly. other than that I'm in love with the damn thing
that's how my draco was too. even before I fired it i reprofiled the hammer and the bottom of the bolt carrier. It was so badly angled that you could pull the charging handle and try to let it fly forward (not riding it at all) and the bolt carrier would just stay locked to the rear until you pushed it forward again. After the hammer work it's now smooth and easy to operate, but before.. wow. It wasn't even usable.

I did some reshaping and polishing to all of the contact points on the trigger too, which made a HUGE difference, but it's still not all that great. It will work until I get some extra cash to pick up a nice trigger for it. I'll just make sure to not get a junk G2 trigger. A friend of mine has a G2 in his rifle and it's heavier, grittier, and has a softer break than my massaged factory Romanian. I guess that's what you get for $30. lol
Old 03-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #5836
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:
2013 Ram Blackout Express Quad Cab, 96 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 98 Nissan 240ss Never going to run

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmr076 View Post
haha Munky I want to like it but the truth is I am a terrible shot with such a small gun... give me a 1911 and i will outshoot almost anyone, cut playing cards in half sideways, etc. every pocket gun i have had (238, keltec, bodyguard) i havent been able to hit the broadside of a barn with no matter how badly I want to convince myself I will practice with it to the point of getting good.
How do you know if you've never shot it??? I.J.S.!!!!! PS...I saw your ad on the other site and no wonder you don't like carrying it. You're wearing it on your hip when it's a pocket gun. I mean honestly man!!!

Old 03-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #5837
Munky
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3838

My Ride:

Meeting up with the guy tomorrow at Cabelas to trade/sell my MSAR. Having sellers remorse tho as I'm giving it a lite cleaning and packing everything up.

Old 03-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #5838
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

Quote:
that's how my draco was too. even before I fired it i reprofiled the hammer and the bottom of the bolt carrier. It was so badly angled that you could pull the charging handle and try to let it fly forward (not riding it at all) and the bolt carrier would just stay locked to the rear until you pushed it forward again. After the hammer work it's now smooth and easy to operate, but before.. wow. It wasn't even usable.

I did some reshaping and polishing to all of the contact points on the trigger too, which made a HUGE difference, but it's still not all that great. It will work until I get some extra cash to pick up a nice trigger for it. I'll just make sure to not get a junk G2 trigger. A friend of mine has a G2 in his rifle and it's heavier, grittier, and has a softer break than my massaged factory Romanian. I guess that's what you get for $30. lol
it strange because i have has 2 G2's before and loved em...this hammer is some crack pot **** tho. RSA would be a nice upgrade for it.

Guns, Girls & Cars...
Old 03-04-2012, 02:23 AM   #5839
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munky View Post
Meeting up with the guy tomorrow at Cabelas to trade/sell my MSAR. Having sellers remorse tho as I'm giving it a lite cleaning and packing everything up.
that's how it was when i went to sell my Sig 229. I met the guy in the parking lot of the shop and we talked for a few minutes before going inside, but i honestly couldn't tell you what he said, i wasn't even listening. I was just thinking how stupid it was to sell it. lol. Whatever though, sell one to buy another one, it makes no difference. I'd rather keep a few that I like and then sell or trade for more just for fun to try different things.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:55 AM   #5840
HaveBlue83
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #13212

My Ride:

Quote:
Whatever though, sell one to buy another one, it makes no difference. I'd rather keep a few that I like and then sell or trade for more just for fun to try different things.
YEP, so far I've swapped out:

Vector Underfolder ---> Waffen Werks AK74
M1a ---> M1a Scout ---> Specialized rockhopper Mtn Bike + car parts for the DSM
Norinco SKS-M & GSG-5P ---> gun related stuff/ammo

If it sits for more than about 2 years in the safe (and it's not one of the handed down heirlooms) then I start taking it to shows to sell. I have a Vietnam A1 clone that has been sitting for a bit, it's next LOL.

Guns, Girls & Cars...