TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:
'90 Nissan 300zx NA, '90 300zx Twin Turbo, '08 Sentra Spec V

My... not so Fairlady Z VH Swap

Well for the last couple of months I have been collecting parts for my VH45DE swap in my 1990 300ZX. I have a extensive list of parts I have collected, designed, and fabricated so far. I just got the engine pulled Sunday, and I am proceeding full steam ahead!

I am starting out with an almost stock Z32 that I have been driving for the past 3 years. I have some bolt-on's, but a VG30 with 180k miles can only take so much abuse. I thought about going the stock twin turbo route, then I started researching different swaps... As soon as I saw the Q45 swap, I knew that was the direction I was heading in.

A few months ago I pulled the VH from a local junkyard for $160, and immediately tore it down to be rebuilt. Fresh rings, bearings, timing components and gaskets, to factory spec.

I will be mating my standard Z32 gear box to the VH using an adapter plate that I fabricated.

Most people that do this swap just cut a hole in the hood of their car for upper intake plenum clearance. I want a clean looking car, that isn't all cut up. So I designed some intake flanges and had them water jetted, this way I can fabricate an intake manifold that will fit under the hood. I am also switching from side feed injectors, to top feed injectors. (If any one needs some Q45 90mm Throttle Body flanges, let me know! I got plenty )

So that basically brings us up to date. I don't want to involve about 1 years worth of research I've done in the thread because you'll probably fall asleep! Check out my photobucket for moar pics!

http://s1209.photobucket.com/profile/nismo300zxjdm

More to come!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

My Build Thread!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nismo300zxjdm is offline   Reply With Quote