TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2008, 12:57 AM   #1
Boostaddict
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #346

PA Concealed Weapons Permit?

I live in Bucks County, PA, and recently purchased a hand gun, and would like to get a concealed weapons carry permit. I was convicted of DUI and possession of a small amount of marijuana(section 13a31) in June of 2004. I was wondering if I should even bother applying for the permit because of the drug charge. I've looked online for a definite answer as to my eligibility but can't seem to find one. The sheriff department's site led me to believe I can't get a permit because of my violation to the Controlled Substance ,Drug,Device and Cosmetic Act. But, I was on another PA website that seemed to say since the offense carried a maximum penalty of less than a year in jail, I should be able to get a permit. Also, I was wondering if writing a letter to hand in with my application explaining the circumstances of my arrest, and that I am of no danger to society, nor am I a drug addict, might help sway the sheriffs decision. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Boostaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

You can always apply but I would say that the drug possession charge would exclude you for life, you should of had a beer dude.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
Boostaddict
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #346

You are absolutely right. I had no idea when I was younger, just how big of a deal a marijuana charge is. If I can't get a permit, it's no big deal. But it does suck that such a stupid mistake will stay with me the rest of my life. Thanks.
Boostaddict is offline   Reply With Quote