TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

PAdutch's Evo

Well I figured since my car loan is about to be paid off I should prolly start one of these since the mods will start happening.
I bought the car at the end of summer last year, 2003 Evo VIII with 85,000 miles. I was originally looking for something cleaner and less miles but the price was right and it’s a DD, meaning everyday… snow, rain, whatever, except when I take the bike. I was pleased with the mods that the previous owner did as well as his attitude towards maintenance. I bought the car with an exedy twin disk, 3” TB exhaust, 10.5 hot side, LC1 wideband, small battery kit, hotchkis springs, manual boost controller, and a tune.
The bad about the car: The tune was messed up, at WOT it would break up really bad at 5500rpm. The roof has some pretty serious dents in it right in front of the sun roof. Apparently the owner, 2 owners before me, had the hood pop open on him while he was driving. And it came with stock rims and winter tires on it, again I bought it at the end of summer so I had to do something about that.
Here are some pics from when I bought it:

[URL=http://img839.imageshack.us/i/evo11.jpg/][/URL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
The rims I bought when I bought the car, cheap and would hold me over until winter:

Got them powder coated over winter (thanks bonehead):

In the mean time I also painted my headlight housings, bought and tinted some evo 9 tails, tinted side markers, bought a ebay polyurethane front lip (after I destroyed the stock one), seibon carbon fiber hood.
I have also been tuning it myself, since it’s a daily and I can log every day. Since I got my tune sorted out I took it down to R/T tuning’s dyno day and put down 322 hp/329 tq, which I am happy with.
Here’s how it sits now:

As of right now I have energy suspension master bushing kit and whiteline roll center kit sitting in my garage to go in this weekend. I also have some hella super tones and some short route IC piping. Not sure I’ll get it all done but my tie-rod end is shot so definitely gotta do the suspension stuff.
In the near future I plan on some drag racing, maybe a HDPE or autoX. Install some cams and springs. Maybe some new wheels and upgraded sway bars. Possibly a bigger stock frame turbo (FP Green or BBK).
Long term I would love to have a big turbo, 3586 or similar and a built block like a long rod 4G64.
The car is pretty much always changing so hopefully I keep this updated.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by PAdutch; 01-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 03:59 PM   #2
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Ill reserve is this for some more of my crappy pics. Thanks for browsing.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 04-21-2011, 04:10 PM   #3
dudewheresmycar
Tri-State Addict

Member #10168

Send a message via AIM to dudewheresmycar Send a message via Yahoo to dudewheresmycar
nice evo

dudewheresmycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Nice progress, I'll continue to check in for updates.

HTA Green, MR bilsteins, Swift specR springs, and a few other supporting mods would make this a killer daily/drag/autoX/hpde car.

Do you have a E85 station near you?

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:34 PM   #5
tazdevilxxi
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #16697

My Ride:
Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

very nice evo indeed mine is the same way im just waiting on my fp black then its game over. I was thinking of doing a built 2.4l but i really dont know what i will need bit i have the motor sitting waiting for me to start on it, good luck with your future endevers i hope to see you around sometime
Old 04-22-2011, 05:08 AM   #6
Evojm27
Tri-State Addict

Member #7443

My Ride:
06 Evo IX MR

Send a message via AIM to Evojm27 Send a message via MSN to Evojm27
Nice evo man!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #7
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 View Post
Nice progress, I'll continue to check in for updates.

HTA Green, MR bilsteins, Swift specR springs, and a few other supporting mods would make this a killer daily/drag/autoX/hpde car.

Do you have a E85 station near you?
I wish I had an E85 station close. Im really thinking about a set-up like your saying for a while until i get the urge to make some big power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevilxxi View Post
very nice evo indeed mine is the same way im just waiting on my fp black then its game over. I was thinking of doing a built 2.4l but i really dont know what i will need bit i have the motor sitting waiting for me to start on it, good luck with your future endevers i hope to see you around sometime
That black is gonna be fun. Man if I had the 2.4 sitting around I dont know if I could leave it alone . I think I recognize your avatar from the Bartonsville red robin meet thread, Ive been meaning to make it up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evojm27 View Post
Nice evo man!
Thanks

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 04-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #8
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
twentypsi.com aka justinlansdale took this:

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #9
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Yeah I love that picture. I noticed the site is down, I wonder what he's up to haha. He had a couple of good shots of my car.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 04-26-2011, 06:44 PM   #10
lessthankeevin
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20437

My Ride:
1992 Toyota MR2

Evo<3 love the black out
lessthankeevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #11
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Well the other weekend I put in some energy suspension bushings and a whiteline roll center kit. The feel, turn in and body roll, are much improved. Very happy with the mod. This is the second car I have energy suspension bushings on and for the price theyre hard to beat.

Some pics from the install:

Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 AM   #12
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Minor update but I feel like I need to do a better job of updating this.

Last weekend I took my rear diff. apart and reorganized the clutch plates the way they were meant to be. There was a factory error on the USDM evos. Evo guys check this out if you dont know about it
http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-eng...y-factory.html

While I was at it I finally finished my poly mounts which included the differntial mount bushings and the rear sway bar bushings.

I also bought some new rims and tires for the summer: Enkie RP01 17 x 9 and put some 255 Hankook V12s.

Im approaching 120k so the 60k service needs to be done. Im debating on putting in cams at the sametime.

I got a new camera so hopefully I keep this updated with more and better pics. Pics to come of the diff install and rims.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 01-26-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
Erik@R/TTuning
Former Vendor

Member #17281

My Ride:
2000 MR2 Spyder

Good to see you are still playing with the car. That was a long break in the updates. :P
Erik@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #14
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

I forgot I installed hella horns before, here are some pics:

And some pics from the rear diff install. Just realized I have no installed pics just some of the plates getting rearranged:

How the plates came from factory

Rearranged

random

car pics (i dont know how to use my camera )

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 02-20-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
One of the cleanest evo's on TST? I'd say so.

2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 AM   #16
Khellen
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5720

My Ride:
05 STi 30R Brotated 400awhp

Send a message via AIM to Khellen
2004 Honda S2000
2002 Subaru Outback LL Bean
Khellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #17
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellen View Post
One of the cleanest evo's on TST? I'd say so.
Well she's clean when she's not dirty, if that makes any sense haha.

I enjoyed the photoshoot, thanks

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 02-20-2012, 09:24 AM   #18
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
How does the car feel with the diff redone?
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #19
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckpat03 View Post
How does the car feel with the diff redone?
Well its not much of a difference on the street but I can tell a little if I push it. If you get on the gas when cornering it seems to come around better.

I am getting a little chatter at low speed hard turns. I put some friction modifier in and it seemed to help but I also think the Amsoil fluid isn't the best.

Miatas! -

MY EVO (Sold)-
Old 04-12-2012, 04:40 PM   #20
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Just now found your member journal. Looks good, man.

I have the Energy Suspension master bushing kit waiting to go on. Did your car squeak more after the install? I've heard the red bushings are a b**ch so I went with the black ones.

If I had to vote, I think you'd be most satisfied with the Red, if you choose to go stock frame.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote