TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-14-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
Print Problems

I just picked up some prints i had done at Wal-Mart ( i know, thats my first mistake). I opened them when I got home to find that they are all hacked up and terribly cut. the borders/sig were cut off in every one of my 24 photos. If I go back and complain will they recut them the right way or am I screwed. These photos will be gifts for players,cheerleaders/parents at an upcoming soccer banquet and i dont want them to look like garbage. they will be framed eventually so that might help a little bit but its just annoying knowing that they're nowhere near perfect.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #2
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

no matter what they end up doing (either telling you to f*** off or redoing them for free), you aren't happy with the product so go back and complain. Wal-Marts are hit or miss with prints. when i lived in wisconsin, the local wal-mart did an amazing job on all prints. i took a roll of film to wal mart when i moved back here and they were terrible.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

this idiot at walmart told me i had to stand there, reload all my photos, zoom out, and crop them bigger so the edges wouldnt get cut off. im said, that doesnt make any ****in sense, all its doing is resizing them, why the **** do i have to do that. he said well you just have to do it that way. i told him that was ****in retarded and left..thats what the retard told me at walmart. **** them. of course they're needed by tomorrow so im kinda ****ed, i might go to cvs or some ****
Old 11-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #4
TurboV
Tri-State Addict

Member #7584

My Ride:
02 Spec V, 94 Supra TT

Most store places are hit or miss... My local WalMart's photo people love to tell me that there's no way I am a photographer and that I steal pictures and I need copyright releases on corporate letter to get my pictures printed... it wouldn't be a problem (as I've had to release my own pictures to myself before) if they didn't flat out tell me there's no way I took my own pictures and accused me of stealing them... because I am some some ghetto bitch making $6/hr is the most competent person at telling who is a photographer by looking at them... I solved the problem by speaking to the photo manager, and he was groveling and apologizing by the end

I might start going to Ritz to try them out... a little less ghetto teenage bitch, a little more "we 'might' know about photography". I rarely get stuff printed off, usually I just print stuff quickly at home. But for the times I need stuff, I need some place that isn't instantly going to start accusing me of stealing people's stuff...
Old 11-15-2008, 01:50 AM   #5
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

i need these for a banquet saturday night. they're being given out as gifts and they look retarded. i wanted to choke slam that stupid messican for trying to tell me that retarded ****
Old 11-15-2008, 02:03 AM   #6
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

i got kicked out of walmart tonight almost. this fat bitch thought i stole a DVD and my friend said its racial profiling(im white).

take that shizzy to a ritz or a camera store they will not **** it up like the messicno in walmart

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:07 AM   #7
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

im pissed i had to pay for this **** already
Old 11-15-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

go to walmart and just bitch them out and get your money back

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:27 AM   #9
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

i'll go tomorrow, i went earlier tonight and the stupid messican kept givin me bull**** excuses. im uploading onto ritzcameras site now to print from them
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #10
YellowMSP
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #563

My Ride:
'10 Evo X GSR

Send a message via AIM to YellowMSP
what about just skipping the borders/sig? if they are putting the pics in a frame you most likely wont really be seeing the border anyway and they prob wouldn't want a sig on the front of a pic anyway. maybe just write on the back or something like photo by..... or like the event date and all that

YellowMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:48 AM   #11
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrok99 View Post
go to walmart and just bitch them out and get your money back
x2. Definately don't let it slide. Just because some lackey **** in the photo department says he can't do anything, that doesn't mean the store won't. I'd be ripping too!

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 10:49 AM   #12
ASIAN JUL
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9030

My Ride:
'95 Integra LS hatch

walmart worker fail
sorry to hear bout your troubles
|
]

Quote:
It was the sexual guardian angel saying sir your stroke is on point, go forth and conquer
ASIAN JUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #13
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

i ended up putting a sig in the photos. i bumped the opacity down to about 60% with really fine print so its hardly noticeable but still there. turns out for some reason when making prints, the photos you give them are a bit bigger than 5x7 or 8x10 and thats why the sides and bottom of my photos were getting cut off. sounded like some of the dumbest **** i've ever heard but whatever. what a crazy two days trying to get this **** finished.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #14
TurboV
Tri-State Addict

Member #7584

My Ride:
02 Spec V, 94 Supra TT

Well, glad you got it worked out.

Next time try cropping the pictures to 5x7 or whatever size you want to get them printed, otherwise they will turn out wonky when printed (I learned from personal experience )
Old 11-16-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
grimm
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3058

Send a message via AIM to grimm
did you re-size them to 5x7 or 8x10 before?

grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #16
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

nope. i was fully expecting that to happen at the printer. no biggie, problems averted and everything is fine nowz