TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 01:51 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
How to properly post a new meet thread...

I see so many unsuccessful meet threads started, so I figured I'd share a few tips on what you must include in your post if you want it to go anywhere.

Use a descriptive title
Fit as much info as you can in the title. What it is, where it is (including town/state), what day it is, what time it is, etc. Let people know what they're clicking so they know if its even a possibility for them.

Set a time and a location
This is the most important thing. Pick a time and a place. Don't 'ask if anyone is interested' or post a feeler to see when and where would be good for people. Do the thinking ahead of time, make a plan, and run with it. If you're indecisive from the start then the thread will go nowhere. Be a leader.

Post all the details
Include the who, what, where, why, when about it. There are a lot of meets going on so you need to let people know what the deal is with yours so they know if they'd be interested and able to attend.

Set rules and guidelines
The TST Rules for All Meets are stickied at the top of this forum, and are expected to be followed at any meets organized on TST. If there are any other rules, guidelines, or important info that attendees need to know, make sure its clearly written in the first post of your thread.

Post photos if you have them
Everyone loves photos. Of the location, cars that will be attending, perhaps a previous similar event, etc.

Make a list of attendees
Make a list in the first post and keep it updated so people can see who is attending. Even go as far as username and make/model of car.

After the event, follow up with photos
Everyone always wants to check out photos, whether they were there or they weren't. Make sure someone at the meet is taking photos and will post them online quickly while there is still interest about the day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 08-04-2009 at 07:05 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:41 AM   #2
OutlawzPrez
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5364

My Ride:
1991 Silvia

Great post man!

OutlawzPrez is offline   Reply With Quote