TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 PM   #1
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

30+ Cars Pattison Ave South Philly Sat Night

I was at Xfinity Live last night and saw legit 30+ cars go by and then heard them ripping in the distance... mostly Corvettes, Mustangs, Camaros, at least two G8's, Trailblazer SS's, a Silverado, a few GT500's, at least one GTR, and a T-bucket rad rod looking thing. Was there a meet somewhere nearby? Pretty awesome to see them all roll by together...
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
melevolentX
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #26363

My Ride:
2014 Evo

There was a midnight cheesesteak run thing that bunch of cars meet up for Saturday night, so they were probably all going there.
melevolentX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 07:43 AM   #3
99corvette
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19389

My Ride:
08 Trailblazer SS

Yea there was a meet at tony lukes, didn't last long. Some dumb ass decided to do a burn out in the parking lot and then backed his car into something, the owner asked him to leave and he refused too. Cops got called and everyone had to leave. One kid ruined 60+ peoples night, some drove 3 hours to make it. This meet has been going on for years now without issues, now it looks like it won't happen again.
99corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #4
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

This is what I read: "Some moron in a Monte Carlo did a burnout and then carelessly backed into a drain pipe and broke it. Then the cops came and we were told to leave. There's more details to the story but it doesn't really matter. "
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:05 AM   #5
99corvette
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19389

My Ride:
08 Trailblazer SS

Yea that's what I heard, I was suppose to go, glad I didn't. The kids brother is defending him on the facebook event page.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:17 AM   #6
PaleDSM
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #274

All it takes is one idiot to ruin something good.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

2000 MR2 Spyder (Yellow)
2013 Hyundai Elantra
PaleDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #7
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99corvette View Post
Yea that's what I heard, I was suppose to go, glad I didn't. The kids brother is defending him on the facebook event page.
That is what I just read lol.

Last edited by Bates; 04-29-2014 at 09:35 AM.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
BlueEyedSuicide4
Tri-State Addict

Member #23844

My Ride:
2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Yeah, started as an LS1Tech meet and just grew and grew. Going down there last time was kind of sketchy, we met up at the i95 rest stop in DE and drove over. There were two Nissan GTR's that came with us and led some State Troopers on a chase.

After that I went about my business on a different route down lol
2001 Trans Am WS6 M6. Long tubes, SLP Loudmouth 1, ported throttle body, LS7 clutch, LS7 lifters, custom grind cam, Absolute Speed Stage 2.5 5.3L heads (862's) cnc'ed and hand finished, 4.10's, Bilstein shocks, Strano springs. 420+rwhp/400+lb/ft 124,000 miles!!
BlueEyedSuicide4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
JST2KWIK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6855

My Ride:
2021 Ram TRX, 2014 Camaro Z/28, 2017 Shelby GT350, 1991 Mercedes 350SDL

Yeah it seemed like a rowdy bunch ha I heard them ripping for like 10 minutes. Sucks an idiot ruined a good meet... definitely some badass cars
JST2KWIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:23 PM   #10
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
And this is why I don't go to meets anymore. I'd rather drive around aimlessly than stand around aimlessly.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
99corvette
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19389

My Ride:
08 Trailblazer SS

It sucks, from what I heard this meet has been going strong for 5 years now. Sucks one young kid ****ed it up for everyone else. I like cruising around too but I do enjoy meets as well.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #12
ZDAAS
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #26610

My Ride:
2001 ML320

That same Saturday I drove to the Center City on I-95 and three cars passed me, GTR, TT and Z, that was close to 5pm. On my way back at 10:15 same three cars passed me on my way home.
ZDAAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #13
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

yeah...5 years strong...4 times a year....ruined cause some douche bag cant control himself in a FWD Monte Carlo. couple guys i know where right there as the owner was askin him to leave....they were tellin the kid to just leave and he refused ,"im not going anywhere, im here with my car club" i beleive were his exact words.

couple of my friends were so peeved they wanted to go lookin for the kid..lol.

so half the group ended up going to southwest philly and the other half went to the Art museum. i was in the art museum group....we just hung out there for a couple hours and split. the coordinator of the event was there and he's confident that the Cheesesteak runs are all but done thanx to that idiot.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #14
AWD GS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #8729

My Ride:
VIP Luxury, Dynaride & R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
"im not going anywhere, im here with my car club" i beleive were his exact words
Old 05-03-2014, 06:56 PM   #15
dizzysn
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #12999

My Ride:
02 C5 Z06, intake, headers, exhaust, cam - 430rwhp.

Send a message via AIM to dizzysn
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTramair View Post
the coordinator of the event was there and he's confident that the Cheesesteak runs are all but done thanx to that idiot.
Kevin with the red C5Z? I was the original person, along with a guy from the Corvette forums, to set these runs up. I haven't been the one setting it up for a few years now though.

We're almost positive Tony Luke's won't have us there anymore. Five years ago when I called them to ask if we could do this without getting the cops involved they said sure as long as we follow the rules: No burn outs, no street racing in front of the building, no speeding off as we're leaving and no revving the motors.

Four times a year for five years we did it without incident. The last two times before this though, small issues were arising. A bunch of people revving their motors two times ago. Then last time someone in a GTO tried to powerslide out of the parking lot and almost went up on the sidewalk and hit people and about 15 people sped off from the parking lot like crazy, some of them sliding a bit. People in our group were yelling at them to stop. Tony Luke's still didn't say anything, but it was only a matter of time before they got shut down because of these people. They got too big. In the beginning it was only about 20 cars. Now there are anywhere from 40-60 depending on the time of year.

Last edited by dizzysn; 05-03-2014 at 06:59 PM.
dizzysn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 04:19 PM   #16
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzysn View Post
Kevin with the red C5Z? I was the original person, along with a guy from the Corvette forums, to set these runs up. I haven't been the one setting it up for a few years now though.

We're almost positive Tony Luke's won't have us there anymore. Five years ago when I called them to ask if we could do this without getting the cops involved they said sure as long as we follow the rules: No burn outs, no street racing in front of the building, no speeding off as we're leaving and no revving the motors.

Four times a year for five years we did it without incident. The last two times before this though, small issues were arising. A bunch of people revving their motors two times ago. Then last time someone in a GTO tried to powerslide out of the parking lot and almost went up on the sidewalk and hit people and about 15 people sped off from the parking lot like crazy, some of them sliding a bit. People in our group were yelling at them to stop. Tony Luke's still didn't say anything, but it was only a matter of time before they got shut down because of these people. They got too big. In the beginning it was only about 20 cars. Now there are anywhere from 40-60 depending on the time of year.
I dont know him personally but he was in a red Vette so probably was him.

its a shame ya know. it only takes 1 or 2 people to ruin something. people just cant control themselves when they get around other people...its like they think they have something to proove or maybe we'll be impressed at their burnout or whatever stupid idiotic thing they try to do.

my car, being as loud as it is, i try my hardest to keep the rpms under 2k in areas like that so i dont draw anymore attention to myself than i allready have.

its just a shame.

im thinking though....Tony Lukes Cheesesteak run in Atlantic City!! lol...that would be a blast.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #17
Str8Goon
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23168

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzysn View Post

Wait, what? What the hell are the repercussions for that !
Str8Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
dizzysn
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #12999

My Ride:
02 C5 Z06, intake, headers, exhaust, cam - 430rwhp.

Send a message via AIM to dizzysn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Goon View Post
Wait, what? What the hell are the repercussions for that !
Unfortunately no repercussions. We yelled at them and told them to leave, but they were already on their way out. No one knew who they were, or at least wouldn't fess up to knowing them.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:06 PM   #19
BlueEyedSuicide4
Tri-State Addict

Member #23844

My Ride:
2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

I know the last time that I went down there, I was running open headers and lots of revving went down after I started my car up... Guilty by indirect cause haha
2001 Trans Am WS6 M6. Long tubes, SLP Loudmouth 1, ported throttle body, LS7 clutch, LS7 lifters, custom grind cam, Absolute Speed Stage 2.5 5.3L heads (862's) cnc'ed and hand finished, 4.10's, Bilstein shocks, Strano springs. 420+rwhp/400+lb/ft 124,000 miles!!
BlueEyedSuicide4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #20
schaffer
Tri-State Addict

Member #16147

My Ride:
2015 Tacoma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
And this is why I don't go to meets anymore. I'd rather drive around aimlessly than stand around aimlessly.
Same here, i usually spend my nights off burning a tank of gas finding new backroads.

I would be interested in doing a meet and cruise though.
schaffer is offline   Reply With Quote