TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Thanks guys... the only way I found the time was by ditching work today....to nice of a day not to!

For those interested... i used 3M rubbing compound, Meguiars glaze, and Meguiars Gold Class wax, all with a Porter Cable polisher.
For the engine bay I used Gunk Citrus Engine Brite. I was impressed how well it worked.

Last edited by JET02WRX; 09-04-2007 at 12:55 PM.
JET02WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #22
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

I spent a few hours on Saturday installing the last of the upgrades I plan to do for a while.

I scored a genuine v7 JDM STI intercooler from ebay, an APS splitter for the scoop, and a shiny SPT heat sheild. I picked the JDM rather than a USDM because the brackets are correct for the wrx, without the need to modify the throttle body hose. If not, the USDM requires some fabbing of the brackets to get it to fit, plus the JDM is actually a little bit larger than the USDM version, so bonus. The brackets did line up, but my samco Y adapter was too short to make the connection to the turbo. A quick trip to pep-boys and 2.99 later, I had a short 1 7/8" OD coupler ready to extend the lenght of the Y hose.

At first I thought it the damn intercooler wasn't going to fit, but after some pushing and shoving, it finally got in there. I am going to need to put some rubber around the one A/C line because the its rubbing at the rear corner.

The APS splitter is a nice piece and required for a larger TMIC, as it is sized to accomodate the increased size of the IC. Picked it up from Rallisport Direct for a good price. Fitment was perfect and went on as expected.

The SPT was sort of bought on a whim. I decided I wanted something shiny under the hood, and it was cheap so what the hell.

The last and final thing will be a wideband gauge for the Innovate LC-1 i bought for tuning, but I need to figure out how to mount it in the ashtray area. If anyone has any ideas let me know.

I am finished modding for now. I have to put some money into my house or else my wife is going to kill me...
Come Sept.... JDM or EDM bugeye headlights, a bigger turbo + some mild suspension upgrades. Or a project car...

BEFORE:

WITH JDM GOODNESS:

SPT HEATSHIELD:

APS AIR SPLITTER:

Last edited by JET02WRX; 05-17-2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:19 PM   #23
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Heres the full list to date....

All work proudly performed by ME.

Street Tuned Stage 2
JDM STI TMIC
JDM STI Hood Scoop
APS splitter
APS Uppipe
Maddad V2 Full Length Downpipe - w/divorced wastegate
Maddad Flex Intermediate pipe
Prodrive Axle-Back
Innovate LC-1 Wideband
17" Rota Tarmac II's on Falken 225/45/17's
Prodrive Springs
Whiteline rear strut bar
Autometer oem style gauge bezel
Omori EGT gauge
Omori Boost gauge
Roof Rail Delete
GTSpec Grille
GTSpec Mesh Foglight Covers
Carbon Fiber Sidemarkers
Perrin Radiator Hoses
Perrin Afta-maf hose
Samco Intercooler Hoses
Samco Ancillary Hoses
Tein Hood Dampers
SPT Heatsheild
Forester din pocket w/flip cover

Last edited by JET02WRX; 07-18-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #24
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

looks fantastic john, your modding style is seriously really nice.
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #25
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Thanks Jon! Same goes for you man.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #26
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET02WRX View Post
I am finished modding for now. I have to put some money into my house or else my wife is going to kill me...
Come Sept.... JDM or EDM bugeye headlights, a bigger turbo + some mild suspension upgrades. Then I will be turning my focus to my wifes 06 WRX.....I'm thinking time-attack....
Hmm....ok... so I guess I lied... Just picked up JimTweets Deadbolt 16g.... ugh...this IS an addiction!

Now...buy my stuff so I can replace the money before my wife finds out!

Last edited by JET02WRX; 07-17-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #27
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

**** yea john! haha nice grab!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:25 PM   #28
Honest_Bob
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1179

My Ride:
05 WRX Wagon

Send a message via AIM to Honest_Bob
Haha! you addict!

I'm in rehab at the moment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Honest_Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:30 PM   #29
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Ugh.. Ok I'm stuck... Looking for some opinions here on where to go next. Soon, i'll be installing my new turbo, a Deadbolt 16g. I then need to make a decision. Make my wagon into a true 'project' and find a daily driver, or discontinue upgrading the wagon and look for an older Impreza to slowly build up as a project.
I always liked the idea of the wagon because its a little different. I mean maybe not so much in the subie community, but its different to an average joe. I like being different. I can think of tons or routes to go with the wagon.... Its a automatic so...I could get a monster autotrans work over from IPT, I been considering an 06/07 STi manual swap into it. I like the idea of doing what TROLL is doing... an entire 07 swap. Its a bummer that people are beating me to ideas i've been thinking about for a while. Trolls conversion and even the route that CarbonIS is taking with his color scheme are things i've been thinking of doing for a while. I LOVE Red on Black. I'd also love to swap something like a 06/07 limited interior into it. Instrument cluster and all. I thought JDM STi Wagon, since they do exist overseas, but I"ve been looking high and low for JDM STi wagon specific parts, and they are hard to come by.
If I did the older Impreza sedan build up, it would definately be a twin scroll set up, or full STi conversion, but it seems like TONS of people are doing RS to STi conversions anymore....ugh...
Suggestions?

Last edited by JET02WRX; 08-10-2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:15 PM   #30
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

ive been having a similar quandry john... its really a tough call... what would you get as a DD? what kind of budget would you be working with? etc etc there are a ton of things to consider... the baby being one huge thing lol...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #31
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Well, if I got a DD, i'd probably just get a used RS Wagon, or a Legacy wagon. Something I can still haul stuff in. I think I am going to keep moving foward with the WRX Wagon as my project for now...adding things here and there slowly progressing towards my vision of how I want the car. There are too many 'unpredictables' in life to try and plan further than that. All I know is, I can't be without a car. So reliability is always in the back of my mind.

Oh and I just caved and bought the EDM headlights... They are shipping from Europe in a couple weeks. Oops...lol

Now if I could just figure out what do to change the interior...
Old 08-01-2007, 08:30 PM   #32
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

john you got it just as bad as me lol... link me to the headlights.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:34 PM   #33
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Why do you think i'm selling all this other stuff?? Its just wasted money sitting around my house.... wait till i put all my old Transformers on Ebay... People are paying retarded prices for that stuff...

You've seen the lights... Just look at Troll n Dimitri's cars...
Old 08-02-2007, 09:29 PM   #34
Allen504tke
Noob-Jersey

Member #5429

I like the engine bay scheme
Allen504tke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #35
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

OK... EDM headlights are out, vendor was misinformed and doesn't know when they'll be getting more. Its actually a good thing as it seems like something everyone else is starting to do.
The turbo survived its trip to Deadbolt down in NC. Its being rebuilt, FOR FREE, and recertified in my name for their lifetime rebuilds program. For that part I had to pay a simple $50 inspection fee. FWIW, Jerry Halman at Deadbolt is a top notch guy. He's been responding to all my emails, answering all my questions, and hooking me up with a free rebuild before I'm actually "recertified". I decided to put the money I was going to spend on the headlights to better use... Monster port job on the turbo + coating....

Hoping to get all this done over the labor day weekend with Chaos' help, then shortly after get down to Verocious for a tune.
I think i'd finally like to take it to a track and run it down the 1/4 mile for the first time and see how it does. I think the engine is pretty strong. My stage 2 setup put down just a butt hair under 210hp. For a 4eat, I don't think thats too shabby. I'm expecting around 255 after the install and tune. We all know that dyno numbers for an auto never equate to how the do on the track so I'm real curious.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #36
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

A little update. Turbo is back from Deadbolt. Jerry was nice enough to do a full rebuild on the turbo for me, even though I wasn't the registered owner of the turbo. He provided a full write up of the inspection of the turbo, a few small issues aside, he said it was in good condition. The coating and port job are nice. I'm REALLY itching to get started on installing everything now. DAMN it sucks not having a 3rd car.
Finally took the time today to install my Innovate LC-1 wideband. I've had the thing for ever, but never got around to wiring it up. I also got one of their DB gauges to go with it. Loosely hooked it up after hooking up the LC1, and everything seems to be working correctly. Next step is to get it synched up with the Street Tuner software.
I have no idea where to install the gauge. I don't like the clock pods and already have 2 gauges in the oem style autometer bezel. I think I'll probably end up getting an oil pressure gauge and something else, and use a DIN gauge plate for them plus the w/b gauge.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:18 PM   #37
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
hey i've got one of those DB gauges on the way as well... i decided to try that instead of their xd-16 gauge.

if you're looking for a simple single pod solution, i have a subiegal pod fs... it sits at the corner of the dash and windshield right at the bottom of the drivers side A pillar. i was going to use that but ended up getting another gauge so i found a different solution.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:13 PM   #38
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned

Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

ive heard bad things about people dealing with subie gal...
Old 08-18-2007, 11:14 PM   #39
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
what? i dont follow but what i said is that i have a subiegal pod for sale, dont think it relates to your response.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 10:21 AM   #40
JET02WRX
Tri-State Addict

Member #2133

My Ride:
2002 WRX Wagon

Thanks for the offer Bryan. I think I'm going to just get a din pod, and install it there. I'll just live with the two unused openings until I have the cash to get oil pressure and oil temp. gauges.