TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Send a message via AIM to screamingdsm
Profiled?!

Well last night i was profile. I was comming home from a bar with my girlfriend. designated driver, didnt drink anything. I made a right onto fries mill road going toward the black horse pike and a officer was sitting at the light. My friend was in front of my in her blue acura tsx, i was in my white evo. I got about a 1/8 mile down fries mill and i saw the officer make a u turn. I was in the right lane, moved to the left lane as he came up just because i didnt know if he was flying by or not, as did my friend. Well i had to make a left into her apartment complex, and the officer was literaly riding in my blind spot, so i signaled left and he kinda faded back and i got over made my left which he followed. He put his light on, fair in mind this is a main entrance with a median. He put his lights on. I proceeded to a safe location which was maybe 100 feet to a parking spot at our friends apartment, my girlfriend was in the passenger seat. I was alittle taking back because i wasnt doing anything wrong. Was not speeding at all i passed him turning, besides tinted windows. I open my door and step out hands up with my licensce registation and insurance in hand and said "can i ask why you pulled me over" nothing smart mouthed or anything. He proceeded to yell and draw his gun "get back in the vehicle!" So i did. Asked me to throw my keys out step out back toward him get on the ground flat with my hands behind my back. Fair in mind the ground was soaking wet, and i have nothing on my license, never been convicted of annnnything, i dont do drugs, im a good kid. So i did. Mean while he calls for back up, and the tone in the voice was like he was ready to shoot me when he was yelling. I was scared. My girlfriend was upset crying and stuck her head out of the passenger side window and the officers yelled at her guns drawn, and my friend who owns the apartment and her friends she had with her. They all had guns drawn even the shot gun! Put me in the back of the cop car, tore my car apart and found nothing. They finally let me out, took the hand cuffs off, and explained to me they had a incident in glassboro at main street bar with a shooting that night, and my car fit the description of the car. The funny part was he said the car they were looking for was silver! My car is verrry far from silver its wicked white! Then the other officers told my girlfriend and her friends that they saw a silver car pull in the complex in front of me? Well the thing is that my friend and i were the only 2 cars that made the left and went by him, the only 2 cars on the road, and her car is royal blue! So he gave me a tinted windows ticket which i understand, but i also got failure to stop for police vehicle! Thats 2 points that i cant afford, a day off of work i cant afford for doing nothing wrong but pulling to a safe area, moving maybe 100 feet into a parking spot, and getting guns drawn by 5 officers,put on the wet ground in handcuffs..and i get a 2 point ticket. I feel that the officer OVER reacted by a long shot. I was wondering how i go about a complaint about the officer and getting this ticket thrown out. Tint i understand.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:45 PM   #2
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Went out to my car this morning, funny thing is they didnt even search my trunk. It was completly untouched. My wrist are killing me, and im definatly taking action
Old 02-11-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

You were not profiled use that one and you'll lose it all.

As for the failure to stop you have a good case to get that tossed. but since I don't have both sides of a very disorganized incident by both you and the police its hard for me to give you any good advise on this one.

If you choose to fight this in court you have to show that there was no way you could have safely stopped where you were directed to stop by the officer. Your white car looked like a suspect car so the officers drew their guns and lets face it if it was me I would rather be wrong then dead. Not much of a complaint there. But if you feel that the officers actions were not proper then you should contact a lawyer and follow it up from there. Again like I said since this is a very serious complaint I can not fairly judge it without all the facts.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
You were not profiled use that one and you'll lose it all.

As for the failure to stop you have a good case to get that tossed. but since I don't have both sides of a very disorganized incident by both you and the police its hard for me to give you any good advise on this one.

If you choose to fight this in court you have to show that there was no way you could have safely stopped where you were directed to stop by the officer. Your white car looked like a suspect car so the officers drew their guns and lets face it if it was me I would rather be wrong then dead. Not much of a complaint there. But if you feel that the officers actions were not proper then you should contact a lawyer and follow it up from there. Again like I said since this is a very serious complaint I can not fairly judge it without all the facts.

Very understandable. Well my girlfriends mom works for camden supreme court house one of the head judges in the criminal division, so she pulled some strings and action is gonna be taking. I have 5 witnesses to exactly what happen, its a big mess, but i have never been anywhere put in that position before.