TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-10-2008, 02:13 AM   #1
dansXR2
Noob-Jersey

Member #2850

My Ride:
'91 Corrado G60

Moving a new car from WV to FL new home

I traded my miata for a '91 Corrado at the end August(roughly a week before i moved to FL). The transmission went out of the car 2 days before we left so i just left it. I got a trans for it and having it sent to WV and I'm gonna fly up, install it and drive it back.

my question(s) are: 1. Can i get a 1 way permit for the drive to FL? I'll have the car insured but as i didn't get the car registered in WV as the tags went dead at the end of August. I have the SC title signed over to me and in my possesion. I just don't want to keep getting pulled over for a dead WV tag on my way to FL to get the car registered there. 2. Will I be able to renew my current tags from the Miata and get the car insured as though it would stay in WV?

Any input will be appreciated, as I'm planning my trip at the end of the month.
dansXR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
Sarge
Tri-State Addict

Member #5130

My Ride:
2006 Crown Victoria Police "Interceptor".

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansXR2 View Post
I traded my miata for a '91 Corrado at the end August(roughly a week before i moved to FL). The transmission went out of the car 2 days before we left so i just left it. I got a trans for it and having it sent to WV and I'm gonna fly up, install it and drive it back.

my question(s) are: 1. Can i get a 1 way permit for the drive to FL? I'll have the car insured but as i didn't get the car registered in WV as the tags went dead at the end of August. I have the SC title signed over to me and in my possesion. I just don't want to keep getting pulled over for a dead WV tag on my way to FL to get the car registered there. 2. Will I be able to renew my current tags from the Miata and get the car insured as though it would stay in WV?

Any input will be appreciated, as I'm planning my trip at the end of the month.
Arre you living in Florida now? If so check with DMV you should be able to register the car there bring the plates to WV and drive it back home.
Old 02-13-2008, 02:02 AM   #3
dansXR2
Noob-Jersey

Member #2850

My Ride:
'91 Corrado G60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
Arre you living in Florida now? If so check with DMV you should be able to register the car there bring the plates to WV and drive it back home.
I went to the local DMV and to get the car registered and the vehical has to be there for them to verify the VIN number. I guess i'll just register the car in WV for a month and then transfer the car to FL when i get the car here.
dansXR2 is offline   Reply With Quote