TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-23-2014, 01:00 AM   #141
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

got these lights that I thought were pretty cool, they are actually on a jeep site

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BrandonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:27 AM   #142
Some-guy
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #17134

My Ride:
1991 Turbo Supra

Liking those lights, how are they at night? Want to get a pair myself. Could you take a night pick.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Some-guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:47 PM   #143
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Haven't even used them yet lol i'll check back when I do but I have heard good things from a few others using them

It was nice out so I threw them in and let the battery get a good charge

I have a seized caliper so its still in the garage and with a little more snow coming, I have a 4runner to drive all winter

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by BrandonW; 03-25-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #144
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

My buddy uses those lights on his 98 Cherokee, they work really well, almost as well as HID's honestly.

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:18 PM   #145
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Yea they are actually on a jeep oriented site, also when I first heard of someone running these on their supra they provided a link to a jeep forum in which they had left good reviews on them

not cheap for just 2 headlights but a good alternative to hid's plus they drop right in with no modification so its easy

Old 04-01-2014, 05:19 PM   #146
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

they are alot brighter compaired to my normal headlights and fog light combo

only bad thing I can say is for some reason they don't allow me to run my fogs if I hit the fog light switch the high beams come on so I guess i'll have to do the fog light mod most do anyway (allows you to run the fog lights even if the headlights or running lights are not on)

here is a video since I don't feel like my pics from my phone are doing them justice (skip to about 11:20 our lights don't have an complicated install lol)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXWddPs2Qik

Last edited by BrandonW; 04-04-2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #147
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Don't use tst as much as I use to but a few things have changed

Front and rear suspension poly bushing are now installed along with the shifter bushings what a difference

Also my battery started to crap out on me, was getting real slow cranks every time I went to drive the car only 4 years old but it probably doesn't help that it was stone dead a hand full of times this past winter

So I picked up one of these wanted to go with an agm type of battery (got it for even less than the site displayed because someone had an old price up in the store so they honored that price plus I have one of their point cards )

Got a few things in last week (I guess at some point i'll push my 7m a little more)

-walbro fuel pump
-fuel damnpener bypass hose
-aeromotive afpr kit
-3inch cone filter for my lex afm
and a little something else will be here next week or early the following

Last edited by BrandonW; 12-14-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #148
empera
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3674

My Ride:
67.5 Roadster, 00 Outback, 93.5 Supra tt, 88 Shiro, Tundra, turbo sc300

Send a message via AIM to empera
boom!
empera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #149
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

hopefully not

Old 12-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #150
Jerry88ss
Noob-Jersey

Member #15430

My Ride:
1998 Volvo s70 glt DD. 1988 Nissan 300zx Shiro #299. 1989 Audi 200tq Avant. 1990 Nissan d21 Se-v6

Damn Brandon the poopra's looking real good
Jerry88ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 11:46 PM   #151
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry88ss View Post
Damn Brandon the poopra's looking real good
Thanks man! I didn't know you used the tst forums
I don't go on this forum much

Have these waiting until im ready to blow up the 7m

Replaced these and with new clips except for 2, my old ones looked bad except for in pictures haha

Then bam! new wheels aaaannndd winter is here
Went ahead and scooped up another set of xxr's just a different style this time and I really like them even though I said I wasn't going to go with a mesh style spoke again but im very happy with them

Last edited by BrandonW; 12-14-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 06:53 PM   #152
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Got tagged at a local car show on a facebook supra page

While down in ocmd for cruise weekend

Took a ride to va for the weekend 4 hours to my buddy house then another 2 the next morning to a toyota scion show close to va beach

sweet pic of my engine bay

Was time to chill drink and eat

My two friends made these so I had to get my hands on one as my old one was pretty beat the new one is perfect

Old 08-28-2015, 06:56 PM   #153
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Ok so the fuel system and such has been upgraded and the car is feeling great boosting to 15/16 psi on the 57 trim ct26

RC 550cc injectors and clips
walbro fuel pump
12v mod
lexus afm
safc
mk4 motor mounts
wideband stopped working and is now fixed
did a new clutch master and slave cylinder when getting the other issue fixed

I like how he used another line than what I supplied from the dm kit this way it was more flexible and not over top of the alternator

Finished up at Gonzy Tuning over in Plainsfield, if anyone is in the northeast area I would recommend him my car was started on the night it came up and was only there a total of 7 days and I was able to drive it home with no issues about 85 miles

Also what I would consider a big event is taking place in my life, home ownership! (looks like a mk4 supra will have to wait another year or two)

Last edited by BrandonW; 08-28-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 08-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #154
jdubs
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #8797

My Ride:
1994 Supra 6speed 6466

Congrats! Now you have a garage when you find that MK4!
jdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 01:12 PM   #155
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Thanks!

haha yuuuppp maybe I can get a small lift up in there for some small maintenance things

Old 11-11-2015, 06:42 PM   #156
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Had a sticker covering up where my wiper use to be and finally put something there

Also, five years after the rebuild I got on one of these mustang things
I believe the car did well for the things that have been done to it especially since I went from sitting in traffic on 295 because a vw caught fire straight onto the dyno... curious to see what a dynojet reads since the mustang readings supposedly underrate the wheel power

Last edited by BrandonW; 11-12-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #157
empera
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3674

My Ride:
67.5 Roadster, 00 Outback, 93.5 Supra tt, 88 Shiro, Tundra, turbo sc300

Send a message via AIM to empera
Mustang dyno's are more accurate than dynejets...
empera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 06:53 PM   #158
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Ohh no problems with my numbers just hear they read less and even while there the guys said said the same... checking it out on google looks like there can be anywhere from a 8-12% difference because of the way they measure/calculate it

No biggie made more then I though and the car is fun to drive, just kind of want both numbers, wish there was an easy way to know the crank power other then guesstimate

Honestly it just makes me happy my 7M is still kicking and not eating up head gaskets and coolant

Last edited by BrandonW; 11-17-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:49 PM   #159
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Don't frequent this forum as much it has gotten quiet over the years...

Sill had a couple old hoses in the engine bay and since I got one of those ebay silicone hose kits which is actually pretty nice plus the 2 hoses off the brake booster are discontinued

But these bitches were solid and were stubborn as hell lol I had to split them to get them off with the exception of the turbo coolant hose that one wasn't bad

Seen a nice pic of my car floating around the net from a cars and coffee

Just had a bunch of maintenance done to my 4Runner and its driving like new

But this is finally done! (well except for that one part of the driveway which was done on settlement day and I put my initials in the semi wet cement lol)

Last edited by BrandonW; 05-17-2016 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:54 PM   #160
BrandonW
Tri-State Addict

Member #9472

My Ride:
1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

Minor things done

-New replacement A'pexi air filter
-NGK iridium plugs this time around
-Coolant line iacv to throttle body replaced
-Powdercoated a set of valve covers got them on with new gaskets

now im up to date on this thread

Last edited by BrandonW; 05-18-2016 at 12:09 AM.