TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #321
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutobahnRacer View Post
Big talk considering your avatar.
Hmmmm interesting observation.

But there was a lot of junk there. I saw one S13 hatch that was beat to all hell. It had a SR20 swap and the reason I could tell was because it looked like the owner took a pair of tin snips and a cut a hole in his hood. It looked terrible.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #322
StylezTA
Tri-State Addict

Member #4984

Quote:
Big talk considering your avatar.
i sold my last 240... 2 1/2 years ago. ones in my avatar over 3. infact tst members own them. They were all for profit anyway. ive been on these boards for quite awhile. not much of a car guy anymore as mostly a family man, but i still get a kick out of what people dump money into.

- 2007 CBR 1000RR
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
StylezTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #323
AutobahnRacer
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates View Post
Hmmmm interesting observation.

But there was a lot of junk there. I saw one S13 hatch that was beat to all hell. It had a SR20 swap and the reason I could tell was because it looked like the owner took a pair of tin snips and a cut a hole in his hood. It looked terrible.
I am not necessarily disagreeing but rather his choice of words. Not everyone is there to show off their car, people are there for a good time and to help contribute to a good cause, I don't think it should matter what someone drives. (Except the tools doing burnout, they need to be ).

Last edited by AutobahnRacer; 04-22-2013 at 12:12 PM.
AutobahnRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #324
Tehshewz
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15583

My Ride:
BMW E36

Arrived earlier this year because i didn't want to wait in traffic.
Got a great parking spot, no complaints.

People are gonna bitch just to bitch.
The burn outs are gonna happen, when the meet gets shut down you know who to blame.

My only suggestion is to have a cop or cops hang out around the show and walk around to keep people in line.
I wouldn't mind paying extra at the gate (toss some cash to the local PD) to keep this event around and in control.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #325
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
I am not necessarily disagreeing but rather his choice of words. Not everyone is there to show off their car, people are there for a good time and to help contribute to a good cause, I don't think it should matter what someone drives. (Except the tools doing burnout, they need to be ).
Point taken.

I must say that I got a crazy amount of positive feedback on the Juke. When I was pulling in at around 11:20-11:30ish, the looks on people faces when they saw the front mount on a Juke was absolutely priceless. I was kind of surprised honestly, but I always go for different and it seemed to work out really good.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:16 PM   #326
SHOdude
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21991

My Ride:
1990 SHO RIP:(, MKIII Supra

Quote:
Point taken.

I must say that I got a crazy amount of positive feedback on the Juke. When I was pulling in at around 11:20-11:30ish, the looks on people faces when they saw the front mount on a Juke was absolutely priceless. I was kind of surprised honestly, but I always go for different and it seemed to work out really good.
I got some sick shots of your juke for the video, yes I'm a douche bag that did a burn out and I was wrong for doing it and I apologize, but you should look in to a burnout competition? They do it on main st in norristown every year... Also NO ONE and I mean absolutely no one was gettin in trouble. Lazy cops? Like I said what I did was wrong but either way I had a good time and expected nothing less from the tst crowd. No one got hurt, when it was all said and done I have an awesome video in the making. Ill post it in the media section

Quote:
Damn, you must be allowing her to drive outside of the kitchen with all those wants. Next thing she's gonna do is learn NO.
SHOdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #327
piku
Tri-State Addict

Member #12166

My Ride:
335i/M3

Saw 2 guys in almost brand new mustangs throw trash out of their cars before leaving. Some people just long for destruction. You can say no burnouts all you want but to expect anything different from that crowd is nuts. It's going to happen without strict law enforcement, and the cops there weren't doing anything that I saw. Not that I have any real issue with that as long as nobody is getting hurt.

The only thing that truly offended me is some guy on an orange street dirtbike and a low riding scooter looking thing were TEARING through the crowd. They didn't almost hit me or anything but I had my little kid there and the worst risk he should have to deal with is getting bumped by a slow moving car. Those guys however would have killed him easily. They're lucky enough to be able to ride around the pedestrians without getting bitched at, they have to go 30mph too?

I don't think I'll be back unless the venue changes. Maybe CBP in philly? Somewhere with actual lined spots.
piku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:03 PM   #328
DropItLow
Noob-Jersey

Member #25800

My Ride:
r35 gt-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by c7scayman View Post
Did anyone see the R35 GTR that left because he refused to park in the grass after all parking spots were full? It wasn't even lowered.
I joined just to respond to this post because I know the r35 owner.

So hate on a guy who loves his car (the car, in case anyone cared, had a switzer p800 kit, r888's, and jrz 2-way suspension) for not parking on the grass? "You're not even low, bro". Like really? I guess he should have parked in the soft grass, bottomed out and ripped his front splitter off to "fit in" right? Comments like these kill the community. This being my first tri-state tuners event and time on the forums have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I heard a lot of good things about last years meet but after attending this year's I certainly will not be back. I know I'm not the only that feels this way and a few of the guys I was with actually called their friends and told them it wasn't worth the trip down. These events are *supposed* to be about people getting together with similar interests (modified cars) and checking out other peoples rides while supporting a good cause. Between what I experienced and am reading here is something totally different than that.

Some observations:
  • Lack of signs directing traffic to the event - my group ended up on the wrong side of the park and drove around until we found other cars going to the event and followed them. Simple signs directing traffic from 276 would have saved alot of the headache.
  • VIP parking was a mess. On more than one occasion did a vendor working on something get too close to a parked car with his tools (just missed hitting the car). I had no issues parking or finding a spot in there but the organization of the cars was a joke.
  • Local PD's involvement was non-existant other than the dumb lady directing traffic.
  • Even people that broke EVERY rule posted were allowed to stay (no tents, alcohol, loud music, revving). Hint they were in the far side of the parking lot.
  • By the time I left, staff had already put an end to the burnouts. There are always people that will ruin things. Use staff to monitor the entrance/exit traffic and supply the local PD with video of people breaking the rules. They will receive their tickets in the mail and think twice about it next time.

If the money I paid for VIP parking was not going to a charity, I would have asked for my money back.
DropItLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #329
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Quote:
Originally Posted by DropItLow View Post
I joined just to respond to this post because I know the r35 owner.

So hate on a guy who loves his car (the car, in case anyone cared, had a switzer p800 kit, r888's, and jrz 2-way suspension) for not parking on the grass? "You're not even low, bro". Like really? I guess he should have parked in the soft grass, bottomed out and ripped his front splitter off to "fit in" right? Comments like these kill the community. This being my first tri-state tuners event and time on the forums have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I heard a lot of good things about last years meet but after attending this year's I certainly will not be back. I know I'm not the only that feels this way and a few of the guys I was with actually called their friends and told them it wasn't worth the trip down. These events are *supposed* to be about people getting together with similar interests (modified cars) and checking out other peoples rides while supporting a good cause. Between what I experienced and am reading here is something totally different than that.

Some observations:
  • Lack of signs directing traffic to the event - my group ended up on the wrong side of the park and drove around until we found other cars going to the event and followed them. Simple signs directing traffic from 276 would have saved alot of the headache.
  • VIP parking was a mess. On more than one occasion did a vendor working on something get too close to a parked car with his tools (just missed hitting the car). I had no issues parking or finding a spot in there but the organization of the cars was a joke.
  • Local PD's involvement was non-existant other than the dumb lady directing traffic.
  • Even people that broke EVERY rule posted were allowed to stay (no tents, alcohol, loud music, revving). Hint they were in the far side of the parking lot.
  • By the time I left, staff had already put an end to the burnouts. There are always people that will ruin things. Use staff to monitor the entrance/exit traffic and supply the local PD with video of people breaking the rules. They will receive their tickets in the mail and think twice about it next time.

If the money I paid for VIP parking was not going to a charity, I would have asked for my money back.
I didn't see anyone who had alcohol.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #330
Eion
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15011

My Ride:
I couldn't find my vtec, but I has boost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lownslow95 View Post
I didn't see anyone who had alcohol.
there was a few guys with wawa cups that looked like "lemonade". he was egging most of the people on to do burnouts.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #331
DC Hunny5
Tri-State Addict

Member #2807

My Ride:
02 Acura RSX-S = Totaled :( 07 Jeep Compass

Send a message via AIM to DC Hunny5
There were more then a few people with beers in coolers.
And to whomever (I know there was more then one group), thought it would be cool to smoke blunts while walking through the spectator parking... You're a dick. I'm all for enjoying your greenery. However, when there are numerous families there with their kids, have some common courtesy and do it in your car or away from the group of people.

Quote:
colleen is wild as hell, she'll def give someone the bizz.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

DC Hunny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #332
fastflyinaccord
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20609

My Ride:
2000 CG3 Accord

Honestly, I can't believe some people are saying "it was a waste of time or money." This meet is always one of the more relaxed meets of the year. There are a lot of cars being fit into a small area. Perhaps the parking situation would have been better if they could have used the center portion of the runway that was blocked off by concrete blocks.

Aside from the burnouts and directing traffic, I didn't really see any need to have Police presence there. The only reason it got jammed up was that everyone tried to leave at once. If you don't want to sit in traffic, pull out a chair and relax for a while or park down the street and walk to the event.

I thought that the amount of "general douchebaggery" was kept to a minimum for the amount of cars and people that were there. I didn't even notice a lot of loud music, maybe a car or two as we walked through the lot. Again, there is always going to be someone in the crowd.

As for the GTR leaving thing, it's his prerogative to stay or go. Honestly, many of us wouldn't see a danger in parking a stock height car on grass. Then again, the vast majority of us did not pull into the meet in an $80,000 dollar car.

All in all, I had fun. It's an awesome venue for a meet and the weather was absolutely perfect for this time of year. Can't wait for next year!!!!!

fastflyinaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #333
sweetbmwis
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3224

My Ride:
92 e36__s50

Send a message via AIM to sweetbmwis
i seen a few beer bottle sitting around on the ground(not in the trash cans) but didnt see anyone drinking them.

GT-R guy who didnt want to park in the grass...understandable, best thing i can say is show up earlier, maybe see if you could find a spot where someone had left. was not anyones intention to turn people away, but if 3000 cars are trying to park in a spot where 2500 were figured in(im just using these numbers as an example) then there is a problem and i thought it was handled the best way it could
sweetbmwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #334
c7scayman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9644

Not gonna lie I was getting worried some of the cars on the grass were going to catch fire. Some cars were very lowered so I thought the grass would touch the exhaust. Exhaust headers can reach 1700 F degrees and the rest of the Exhaust system is still very hot.
13 MK6 GTI 2020 - Current
c7scayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #335
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

The way I see it for anyone driving a $50k+ car who knew they were coming to this meet, if they can afford that car they can afford to cough up 25$ for a VIP spot. I saw a Ferrari and a Maserati (with the owner leaning on it protecting it I guess lol) in the visitor lot and was a little confused, not to mention countless R35s.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:53 PM   #336
fastflyinaccord
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20609

My Ride:
2000 CG3 Accord

Quote:
Not gonna lie I was getting worried some of the cars on the grass were going to catch fire. Some cars were very lowered so I thought the grass would touch the exhaust. Exhaust headers can reach 1700 F degrees and the rest of the Exhaust system is still very hot.
It's spring, the grass isn't dry. The likely hood of the grass catching fire is pretty minimal. If it were in August and the grass was dry, then it's a whole different story.

fastflyinaccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:33 PM   #337
SoStock92
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1721

My Ride:
92 BMW 525, 95 BMW 525, 87 BMW 325, 95 BMW 530

Send a message via AIM to SoStock92
Quote:
Bud it rained like 2 days before. I park my car that's a whole 1.25" off the ground on the grass at Shady Brook meets every Tuesday with a burning hot downpipe since I juice it down the bypass to get there... no issues. No grass is going to be set on fire and no exhaust is going to be 1700F - if your exhaust is 1700F on the outside you've got bigger issues than setting the grass on fire.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #338
FazdaGt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3161

My Ride:
compensates for my size.

Send a message via AIM to FazdaGt
Quote:
The way I see it for anyone driving a $50k+ car who knew they were coming to this meet, if they can afford that car they can afford to cough up 25$ for a VIP spot. I saw a Ferrari and a Maserati (with the owner leaning on it protecting it I guess lol) in the visitor lot and was a little confused, not to mention countless R35s.
Did you see the fit the Ferrari guy is throwing on Facebook about getting yelled at for not following parking instructions. I politely replied and was a volunteer myself so I avoided a statement like that.

I know that if I drove something I truly valued to an event like this I would've prepaid for a VIP spot. My car is far from perfect though so it was fine with everyone else.

Quote:
"Hi, Italy? I broke one of your Lambos, I can has new oil pan and bumper?"
FazdaGt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #339
Xclusive_Russ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #15451

My Ride:
2010 Impreza 2.5i/1999 OBS

Send a message via AIM to Xclusive_Russ
Pieced together a quick video for everyone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM0MLUp3hXE

1999 Outback Sport Cam'd (For sale)
2010 Impreza 2.5i Hatch
Xclusive_Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #340
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazdaGt View Post
Did you see the fit the Ferrari guy is throwing on Facebook about getting yelled at for not following parking instructions. I politely replied and was a volunteer myself so I avoided a statement like that.

I know that if I drove something I truly valued to an event like this I would've prepaid for a VIP spot. My car is far from perfect though so it was fine with everyone else.
I had no idea, I don't use or have a FB. I'm edgy like that. Lol.