TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-13-2007, 03:55 PM   #1
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Posting Pictures:6 Steps to success

Posting pictures on forums is a very simple task if you know what you are doing.

1.) Upload them to your PC in a Easy to find folder. (Uploading is taking them off your camera / phone and putting them onto your pc).

2.) Once they are in "folder" you want to upload them any type of image storing site , Examples:
www.photobucket.com
http://imageshack.us/ (Don't Need to register here Edit:3/11/08)

-You will have to register for either site , i prefer photobucket ( quick and easy).

3.) Register (Takes 1-2 mins). Follow the simple steps like so:

Then you will get an email to confirm your account making.

4.) Putting pictures on the site is VERY SIMPLE!
You click the browse button to locate a folder on your pc the one you put your pictures in. (Up to 3 at a time). When you select the 3 you want you press UPLOAD.

5.) Getting them on the forums
-Photobucket makes this step so easy all you have to do once your pictures are uploaded and you see them below in your "album" you copy and paste the code that says "img code"

6.) Once that is copied into your post do not put any spaces or type in that bracket [ ]. Just press enter after you paste it in, and either click " Submit new Thread / Reply, or any feature that also you to post back via forums "

Another way:

[IMG] http://www.thisisthedirectlink.com/photo.jpg [/IMG] (but without any spaces between image tags) , just look for the image is already being hosted and copy and paste that link in the space between the [img] code

There is easy way if you have the link that inserts the code for you with the "Image icon button"

Upload -To transfer (data or programs), usually from a peripheral computer or device to a central, often remote computer.

-Thanks JB
Attached Images
File Type: jpg posting.jpg (52.1 KB, 458 views)

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by WRX_JB; 03-11-2008 at 01:09 PM.
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
looks good to me. lets also add:

if you already have your photos hosted somewhere online other than photobucket, find the direct link to the photo, most likely ending in ".jpg" and type the following "image tags" around the link to get the photo to appear in your post:

[IMG] http://www.thisisthedirectlink.com/photo.jpg [/IMG] (but without any spaces between image tags)

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #3
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
Yeah a good way to find a link to a pic is right click and look for " Copy image location "

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 08:33 AM   #4
jb1830
Tri-State Addict

Member #4646

My Ride:
'88 MR2 SC, '97 Corolla

Send a message via AIM to jb1830
Also for those who don't have a place to upload their pics to but you have a gmail account they offer an image hosting service...it's called Picassa...while in your email inbox look at the top left there should be a link that says photos..Set that up and it works all within the google universe...Better than having to go to multiple sites...google does it all.
jb1830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #5
italianblaze
Tri-State Addict

Member #2973

My Ride:
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew XLT 5.4

Send a message via AIM to italianblaze
WWW.IMAGESHACK.US FOR THE WIN NO NEED FOR ANYTIHNG ELSE NO SIGNUPS OR NOTHING

91 Laser Rs-T Build - on the back burner

italianblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #6
ToyCam00
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #20895

My Ride:
2000 Toyota Camry

thanks for the info! how do you upload the pictures to make an album? been trying to make an album but the pictures wont upload. thanks
ToyCam00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:56 PM   #7
Shipman
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #20326

My Ride:
06 STi/08 Legacy/10 Forester

There may be a minimum post count you have to have in order to make an album. If not, click your username, click create album, click upload pictures, then browse your computer to find the pics you want, then click upload, that should work

Quote:
Not as dead as TST apparently.
Shipman is offline   Reply With Quote