TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-13-2006, 07:36 PM   #281
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

it was wet im my area, and in my girlfriend's panties, so i didn't come out.

my car= average ls1 with boltons and stall (not even full bolt-ons). nothing special. 12.1's @ 110-111mph, never faster. nothing more to be told. the tires DO help my launches on the street tremendously however.

im planning on going to atco tomorrow, running 12's like last year. petey turbo i would love to see your car there, get some new #'s out of it. we can line up and compare carlength to win margin to actual timeslip difference, i think you'll be surprised how much it can vary (like you run .1 slower than me but are dead even or loose by 4 carlengths- or are ahead! it can really go either way). only one way to find out.

Last edited by sleeperstyle; 03-13-2006 at 07:39 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:27 PM   #282
blownGT
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1592

Quote:
Originally Posted by y3llo_GTO_burnout
Sorry for the delayed rulebook response. What Bizee is referring to is the Run It Back Rule. If the margin of defeat is 2 [car] lengths or less then the result can be argued to be questionable and a rerun can be requested. Maybe the runner-up missed a shift, had some bad gas (in fuel tank or in driver), poor lane choice, excessive sweat on steering wheel, etc. But if the margin of defeat is greater than 2 lengths, then the only way to make up the difference is to look lower on the ladder for a more appropriate opponent.
you should have this rule book published and sold to the masses that way everyone knows lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Mustang Of The Month April 06 @
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-13-2006, 09:41 PM   #283
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

LS1's can be very surprising. Many of them have weight reduction and CAM ONLY and run MID 10's

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187330

Gone -

Last edited by 347gtvert; 03-13-2006 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #284
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444688\

even more applicable list- stock internal = NO motor work at all, only boltons. valve covers have never been off of the engine.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #285
347gtvert
Tri-State Addict

Member #551

Nick - thats exactly what i was looking for , just cam up with Cam only when i search, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444688\

even more applicable list- stock internal = NO motor work at all, only boltons. valve covers have never been off of the engine.

Gone -
Old 03-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #286
y3llo_GTO_burnout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1480

blownGT I will be handing out pamphlets at the "track". Complete with instructions on how to line up at the tree and how to approach sleeperstyle for a race.

silver05bullet and peteyturbo, easy solution to your differences. Line up head to head in an EVO elimination round.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:56 PM   #287
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
yeah we should do that

give me a time and day ill be up there

Old 03-14-2006, 11:50 PM   #288
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

Yes I am serious BRO ME and nick are less then 1/10 away from each others best ET's and if I had a 355AWHP EVO I'd be deep in the 11's..What I have done to my car tom make me think it is so fast is just a plain old turbo back exhaust and reflash and I'm sure if track conditions were better for me I would have hit a 12.1 just like nick. I was also hitting the rev limiter before the 1/4 mark so it was keeping my trap speeds down as well. I'm not saying my car is that fast but you guys are making it seem like you need all kind of crazy mods and HP which you obviously don't to run 11's. I'm guessing my car is about 300 at the wheels right now and me and nick are almost dead even, at least until he hits the naaawz and it will be game over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwrxkid
Are you serious bro? What you got done to your car that you think its so fast. It better be cam'd and what not. Nick (sleeperstyle) car is much faster than a stock evo, and in this case much faster than a 355whp cam'd evo bro. Maybe Thursday or Sunday bring it out and race one of those kids, they are all fast and 11's and lower.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:52 PM   #289
peteyturbo
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1450

I'm always down, and I could care less if I win or lose..I was at the track today after I announced it and the only person I saw was Nick
Quote:
blownGT I will be handing out pamphlets at the "track". Complete with instructions on how to line up at the tree and how to approach sleeperstyle for a race.

silver05bullet and peteyturbo, easy solution to your differences. Line up head to head in an EVO elimination round.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 PM   #290
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

evo's don't scare me at all.

evo's with good drivers scare me a little bit . sadly that seems to be few and far between (no offense to anybody, just an observation). judging by petey's times ALOT of the evo community is slacking in the driving department.
Old 03-15-2006, 12:07 AM   #291
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
thats great. So what did you two run today?

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
Old 03-15-2006, 12:54 PM   #292
y3llo_GTO_burnout
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1480

peteyturbo those are exceptional bang for the buck times!
You will have V8 owners with multiple power adders chain smoking unfiltered Marlboros.
I saw you were ready to work the ladder on Sunday night, but had no takers.
Come around this week and I'll make sure there are takers, otherwise you can claim win by default [another rule].
Old 03-15-2006, 02:14 PM   #293
blownGT
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #1592

Quote:
peteyturbo those are exceptional bang for the buck times!
You will have V8 owners with multiple power adders chain smoking unfiltered Marlboros.
I saw you were ready to work the ladder on Sunday night, but had no takers.
Come around this week and I'll make sure there are takers, otherwise you can claim win by default [another rule].
win by default... i win those all the time in my beater

Mustang Of The Month April 06 @
Old 03-15-2006, 02:22 PM   #294
silver05bullet
Tri-State Addict

Member #1084

Send a message via AIM to silver05bullet
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyturbo
Yes I am serious BRO ME and nick are less then 1/10 away from each others best ET's and if I had a 355AWHP EVO I'd be deep in the 11's..What I have done to my car tom make me think it is so fast is just a plain old turbo back exhaust and reflash and I'm sure if track conditions were better for me I would have hit a 12.1 just like nick. I was also hitting the rev limiter before the 1/4 mark so it was keeping my trap speeds down as well. I'm not saying my car is that fast but you guys are making it seem like you need all kind of crazy mods and HP which you obviously don't to run 11's. I'm guessing my car is about 300 at the wheels right now and me and nick are almost dead even, at least until he hits the naaawz and it will be game over.
If u run a 12.1 or 12.2 just with an exhaust and a flash then ur a way better driver then alot of evo owners, and i mean alot of evo owners, who tuned you? How many psi are you not leaving out some other mods because i know its hard aas hell to get an evo 8 to run those times

Old 03-15-2006, 05:50 PM   #295
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

dunno, i'll let him comment on his mods, but i remember he ran 12.6 with just a re-flash so 12.2 with full exhaust isn't too far out of the realm of imagination. i watched him run like 5 12.2's, and i wasn't surprised since the last time he came out his car did exactly what he said it would do.

petey drives like a robot, no other way to describe it. robot driving= good since humans make too many errors .

i definetly want a re-match, my last run i launched very similar to how i do on the street and i ran a 12.29 @ 110, so it is going to be an insanely close race if nobody fuks up!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:15 PM   #296
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
i definetly want a re-match, my last run i launched very similar to how i do on the street and i ran a 12.29 @ 110, so it is going to be an insanely close race if nobody fuks up!
I cant wait to see the rematch, you guys had a nice run last season.

Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!

Old 03-15-2006, 09:46 PM   #297
RealslowSRT4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1370

I'm trying to get a friend of mine to come out to the "track" sunday night He's got a nice 71 big block duster. he's friends with the cop with the purple GTX
Old 03-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #298
sleeperstyle
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #848

they will both be lined up against the yellow gto, and the cop will be racing for a "fop" badge. if he looses he has to give it out to the winner for liscense plate display purposes.
Old 03-15-2006, 11:15 PM   #299
RealslowSRT4
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1370

Sounds good. They will only run from a rolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll LOL
Old 03-15-2006, 11:16 PM   #300
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Is there any 10 sec cars out there? If so I want to bring my buddy down in his lime green evo.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!