TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
screamingdsm
Tri-State Addict

Member #465

My Ride:
Volvo

Send a message via AIM to screamingdsm
Powertrain technoligy twin disk

I just got my car back together, and man all i have to say is this was one of my best investments into the car.

I did alot of searching and got alot of random answers for things, but heres my end of the story

I used the 6 bolt flywheel bolts, blue lock tight. No bottoming out problems, this went in with zero issue. No need for the 7 bolt flywheel bolts

I acually used my factory slave cylinder. I adjusted the master all the way to the floor, put it in 1st gear, and had my lovely lady sit in the car press in the clutch. Rolled it back and forth, and kept doing that making minor adjustments till the car would roll with the clutch petal pressed.

Engagements pretty much right off the floor, i plan on doing a petal stop and adjust it higher.

Driving is amazing, alittle getting use to. When you got the clutch petal pressed in it sounds like something is seriously wrong in the trans, but its only the disk rattling

The first time i layed into her all i have to say is wow. I instanly noticed it went into boost and hit way harder because of the lighter clutch assembly. It was pretty violent. I am running a g4cs 2.4 with a bolt on 60-1 with a p trim turbine wheel, but the way this thing hits it feels like a 14b lol.

I finally plan on getting to the track..ive had this car so long and never took it to the track. I think its time to see what i can do before i put the new setup on. Hope i answer some questions that i couldnt find for the life of me