TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Member Journals
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-27-2007, 05:05 AM   #21
jwan01
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #3129

My Ride:
04 WRX / 95 L Project

Hey man, sorry to hear about your trans. Remember me? I picked up that 04 WRX from you on my birthday last May. I traded in that beautiful GC RS for it.
jwan01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:32 AM   #22
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:
'06 Subaru Baja Turbo. Cash consuming vortex from HELL

Here we go again. Yesterday , on the way to the mall........
First..........Second........Thir.....BANG!!! It was bound to happen. I'm not gonna cry about my bad luck. Modded cars break , I know it. I just don't have to like it. lol.My friend Rob came right over to steer the Baja home.(we drug it back a mile and a half with my 4X4 cub cadet)I'm hoping to have it together by the weekend so I don't miss the crab run. Stock parts again 'cause PPG's are not in the budget right now. I wanted to play , now I have to pay , AGAIN.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #23
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Send a message via AIM to gary
Rob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #24
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Boo Boo Baja
Old 09-02-2008, 11:57 AM   #25
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Hopefull working at the dealer might have an impact on whether its gonna be covered under the 5/60 powertrain. I'm not very optimistic though.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:01 PM   #26
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Please put your money toward something worthwhile at least... this is obviously going to continue to happen and continue to cost you money. If you get a 6 speed or PPGs it'll be the end of your worries and driving your car will be more fun, believe me. Just trying to look out for you... the 6 speed swap is probably my favorite mod ever to the car because it allows me to enjoy every other part that much more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #27
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

I've researched the options. Six speed needs axle conversion and the correct rear diff also. 4.44s in my trans 3.90s in sti. PPG's .... hell yeah , but unless i hit the lottery its a hell no. Not enough cash to do it comfortably right now , and a personal loan for a trans is not gonna happen. Thanks for the good advise , sadly $$$ is the limiting factor here.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:19 PM   #28
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

For got to add .... I can pay the bill for stock parts off in accounts recievable at work a little bit each month.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #29
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Sorry to hear it Rob.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #30
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

six speed can be adapted to your axles pretty easily and inexpensively, and you can either swap in $150 worth of the proper ring and pinion into your original rear diff or you can probably find a properly geared wrx rear diff for $200 or less (gearing will depend on model year of the 6mt: 3.9 for 04-05 6mt, 3.54 for 06+ 6mt)

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 09-02-2008, 02:22 PM   #31
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subie_sleeper View Post
I've researched the options. Six speed needs axle conversion and the correct rear diff also. 4.44s in my trans 3.90s in stiand the wife not to kill me. . PPG's .... hell yeah , but unless i hit the lottery its a hell no,because the wife will kill me. Not enough cash to do it comfortably right now ,because the wife will kill me, and a personal loan for a trans is not gonna happen,because the wife will kill me. . Thanks for the good advise , sadly $$$ is the limiting factor here.and because the wife will kill me.

Troll I have edited Rob's post. Everything left unsaid is in Red.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 02:42 PM   #32
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

hahah understood loud and clear. if you need any help with info on what will and wont work feel free to get in touch and if i can help i will.

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-02-2008, 04:21 PM   #33
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

A MIRACLE HAPPENED!!!! I got a loan the PPGs are ORDERED and best of all...... she knows AND DIDN'T KILLME!!!!!!!! (yet)
Old 09-02-2008, 04:23 PM   #34
gary
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1638

My Ride:
2004 Hyundai Tiburon

Send a message via AIM to gary
haha no the truck will be louder yet... great!
gary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #35
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

1-4 helical
Old 09-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #36
RyanG
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #63

Send a message via AIM to RyanG
Rob...

I giggle in your direction...

teeheehee.. :P

RyanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #37
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

haha ok that was a turn of events i didnt quite expect, but thats pretty awesome. glad i'm just about the only subie in the area that doesnt have ppgs now...
want to do a billet shift fork upgrade with that new trans? i have a set of used ones i'm selling at almost half price not that i want to contribute to your debt...

|

Quote:

|
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 PM   #38
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

depends on what half price =. this is a line of credit with peoples first federal credit unuion. i don't want my second morgage on the car too high. lmao.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:17 PM   #39
Subie_sleeper
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5775

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREA1320 View Post
Rob...

I giggle in your direction...

teeheehee.. :P
thanks. Were you planning on getting back to me to finish the gauges , or waiting for another call? It's been so long I forgot where we are. LOL. Doesn't matter now. As you know from experience with ppgs , those f ers are not cheap. Just dust off the gauges once a month and maybe our schedules will click someday. It's only been 7 or 8 months right?
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #40
240_fun
Tri-State Addict

Member #6320

My Ride:
BMW 320i, BMW 315 Euro

Send a message via AIM to 240_fun
Wooo hooo
Ever since they came out Ive always wanted to mod a Baja
Then again i was like 12 ish when they came out so even now im prolly more broke than you lol
GL with everything man!