TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
TST needs a graphic designer... small project this week

2 things I'm looking for... one is really simple, the other is probably not too difficult either...

First, I'm having a banner made of the TST logo... I was going to just go ahead with the standard banner at the top of the page, but I'm considering adding "for the tri-state automotive enthusiast" underneath it in smaller lettering... I basically just want someone to find a font that flows well with the logo and put that together in a vector image for me. I've already got the TST logo in a vector, just need the text added below it. I need this done ASAP so I can put in the order this week!

Second, I'm looking to have a new TST flyer made. Probably 1/4 page sheet size, maybe 1/2 if necessary. Looking to have a flyer designed around the TST logo at the top of the page, but you can add any other elements that you think will be best. This is pretty open and I'll work with you on getting it just right. Looking for a very professional design thats simple but looks good... and also would like it to reproduce well in grayscale as well as color. Looking to have this done by the end of the week so there is time to print them.

Both of these will be used at the Tuner Evolution Car Show on May 17th, and will also be used in the future for promotional use on TST.

Thats it, anyone have some skill and some time to help out? Let me know... thanks a lot.
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:46 PM   #2
namdoogwerdna
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3004

My Ride:
2013 BRZ

I'll give it a shot tonight

e-mail me the vector of the TST logo and I will do it when I am back home
Old 05-06-2008, 07:52 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

cool... anyone else with a little time to work on this please let me know, it'll be a big help to spread the word about TST

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
Old 05-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #4
Tigawoods
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2030

My Ride:
95' Toyota Celica

Send a message via AIM to Tigawoods
email me the vector and i will play around with it

tho4291@cup.edu

Tigawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:11 PM   #5
rista
Tri-State Addict

Member #2582

My Ride:
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willy's Edition

email me too.
ill try it, ill have all my programs open tonight anyway..since its the last week of school, so i have to make stuff anyway.
roxygirlk1@gmail.com

rista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #6
james_ls
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1614

My Ride:
1998 Acura Integra LS//VTEC

Send a message via AIM to james_ls
Throw me the Vector.

Do you already have someone to physically MAKE the banner yet?

BUY MY STUFF!

james_ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:00 AM   #7
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

I found someone online to make the banner... sounds like quality materials and printing at a good price... unless you've got someone to recommend.
PM me your email address and I'll send you the vector...

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

Send a message via AIM to pearl
Troll, pm me some more details on sizes and such that you would like for your project, I can try and get you a price at my work tomorrow.
Last Activity: 03-24-2009 12:05 PM
pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #9
WRX_JB
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1907

My Ride:
2005 Wrx

Send a message via AIM to WRX_JB
ill give it a try , might come up with something you like
email to jgbrooks757@aol.com

-AWD Civic 91' - Sold -2000 Cavalier -Sold
-2005 Wrx
Member Profile-

Weekly Meet (Oaks) -
WRX_JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #10
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

i'm looking to have 2 banners made right now... 2' x 8' and just white with a black print.

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #11
Tigawoods
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2030

My Ride:
95' Toyota Celica

Send a message via AIM to Tigawoods
cant do it right now. i updating to illustrator cs3 at the moment

Tigawoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

troll i pm'd you a price on banners.
edit: and again for the flyers.

Last edited by pearl; 05-07-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 AM   #13
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

cool... got back to you.

i'm looking to get the banners ordered asap... today if possible or tomorrow is when i'll probably have to pull the trigger, with or without the catchline underneath. so if anyone has time to sit down with that and play with a few fonts to try to get something that works today that'd be awesome.

the flyer... not as urgent but thats probably a little more time consuming... but let me know what you guys can come up with, and i'll def give you credit on the flyer if you can come up with a sweet design.

thanks!

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #14
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

well if you arent happy with the posters, give me a shout
Old 05-07-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

so i played around today... not for long at all, but i made this one up. i think its good to have a contrast between fonts... i wish this one was a little 'lighter' but i really dont have much to work with here. it takes away from the logo too much but if it was smaller or thinner it might work better... dont really know, dont have any background in design unfortunately.

andrew sent me a few also with a little bit of a different feel, he can post them up if he wants.

i've got to pull the trigger on this tomorrow at the latest though, or i can just not do the little catch phrase on these banners, its not necessary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TSTlogoautomotiveenthusiast.jpg (18.1 KB, 49 views)

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #16
pearl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1108

My Ride:
suck it trebek

that font looks out of place underneath it, theres gotta be something else...
Old 05-07-2008, 07:35 PM   #17
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

yeah like i said, thats definitely not it... i just am pretty limited here on resources and design education... just trying to give an idea of how simple it really can be so others have an idea.

|

Quote:

|
Old 05-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #18
Gorilla Unit 33
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #532

My Ride:
Fly Mosca II w/pegs LOLZ

Send a message via AIM to Gorilla Unit 33
yeah the font is a little on the hard to read side also. Bryan im pretty packed with work right now but if i get a chance ill throw something together for you. Did you want to lean towards a scriptive font? because that says classic car or wedding to me and doesnt really work with TST.

hit me up with the logo, i have the one you gave me at work (im in class)

gorilla4design@gmail.com

Last edited by Gorilla Unit 33; 05-07-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Gorilla Unit 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:27 AM   #19
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

hey, I just found this thread. I could whip up a banner in a few minutes... that is, if I had a few minutes. Tonight is the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding. The wedding is tomorrow, and I'm the best man.

So the soonest I could realistically get anything done would be saturday. How soon do you need the banner?

The flyer sounds cool too but I'm a little confused... are you looking for a generic type of flyer with an empty space somewhere so you could use it for multiple events?

if you could email me the logo that would be cool.
andy@andywdesign.com
rodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #20
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

the banner order has got to go in today... i think i'm just going to go with the logo only for now, and if we decide on a nice addition to it later i can just have another banner made, no big deal. just dont want to rush into it and be locked into a certain look that i'm not really sure about.

the flyer is just a general flyer to hand out to people to spread the word about the forum. it'll be the first impression many people have of it, so of course we want it to look interesting and really nicely done. i'm not sure exactly what i want on this other than the logo which has the url in it of course... just a 'hey, this is THE tristate automotive community, so check it out' kind of feel... pretty simple and to the point since most people will probably only glance at it before deciding to either hold onto it or throw it away.

|

Quote:

|