TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Racing > Drag Racing
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-20-2010, 10:31 PM   #61
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

Send a message via ICQ to Orbit Send a message via AIM to Orbit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX View Post
Eff that place. I'm not going back. If Mikey sets me up so I have something to prove, I might go on the next "import only" night. Other than that, I'm in the wrong kind of car to be at Atco.
ahh, i was afraid you were going to say that. its normaly not like that. they really should have not alowed street cars at all that day. it was pretty lame.

Import only day is awesome though, hot lapping ftw! The next import only is the first thursday of next month May 6th. I will be there for sure.
Orbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:45 PM   #62
CTechLite
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

Congratz on the hot times!

Mind if I ask what RPM you launch at? Just got my first awd car and was wondering what rpm I should launch at without worrying about breaking diff's or axles.
CTechLite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #63
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTechLite View Post

Mind if I ask what RPM you launch at? Just got my first awd car and was wondering what rpm I should launch at without worrying about breaking diff's or axles.
Don't worry about breaking your axles, your trans will give out way before then. Before you go launching everywhere, get a spare trans or at least start saving for an upgrade. If you want to drag race regularly, it's not a matter of if, but a matter of when.

Now to answer your question, your launch rpm will vary due to the state of tune, tires, flywheel mass, etc. I normally launch around 6k, but that probably wouldn't be a good idea in your car.
IMPREZvWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:03 PM   #64
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

I've already got a PPG 1-4 5spd installed, built by andrewtech...so what rpm is safe for my axles and diffs?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #65
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbit View Post
ahh, i was afraid you were going to say that. its normaly not like that. they really should have not alowed street cars at all that day. it was pretty lame.

Import only day is awesome though, hot lapping ftw! The next import only is the first thursday of next month May 6th. I will be there for sure.
I'd have a hard time believing that. I've had way too many experiences like what happened on Saturday. I'm just done with that place. Maybe when Mikey is done with my car, I'll head over and get some numbers for him. Until then, there are better places to boost and for more seat time per dollar.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #66
the mike
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #19

My Ride:
1991 Toyota Previa!!!

Send a message via AIM to the mike Send a message via Yahoo to the mike
Quote:
Wagon? Did you get another one? You should come out Mike. Hit me up anytime , I will go. come out tomorrow.
Yeah, got another wagon. EWG'ed=loud and nasty.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:31 PM   #67
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

the rpm i launch at varies with the traction im getting that day. you have less chance of breaking something when you launch at a high rpm. The tires spinning is less shock to the components then having them grip and not spin. I start out between 55 to 6 and work my way up or down depending on traction.

Quote:

Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #68
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

Thanks for the info! I've got some things to think about I guess before I go out to a 1320 track. I don't want to clutter your thread anymore, mind if I send you a PM/email?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:41 PM   #69
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

No, I dont mind at all. Post here, pm, whatever. im sure there is other people that could benefit from you questions as well.

Quote:
Thanks for the info! I've got some things to think about I guess before I go out to a 1320 track. I don't want to clutter your thread anymore, mind if I send you a PM/email?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:48 PM   #70
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

I've never been to a straight line track before so I've got lots of questions. How much to race at atco? How many runs can you get in per night? Do racers get turned away if it is too crowded? How often does this happen (if it does)? Is there a cost to spectate? Can I bring food/water? Where can I find rules (I tried searching but found nothing concrete yet)? What kind of speed/times requires helmet, roll cages, etc...?

I've got more but will stop myself there for now.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:12 AM   #71
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

I guess you do have a few questions, haha.

During the week it is 15 to run 10 to spectate. On the weekend it is 25 or more depending on the event.
Ive never heard of them turning anyone away. i think they will take all they can get. This is why some days like last sat when chris and i went we only got 1 or 2 runs. There was a bunch of events going on that day.. the week before it was imports only and i got 9 runs and could have done more, but I took a 2 hour break for me to watch, hang out and let the car cool. Its really hit or miss at atco. Thats why chris says he's not going back.lol its useally less crowded during the week (tues and Thurs).

You always have to wear a helmet no matter what, but you can rent them.

You won't need a rollcage unless your running low 11's. forget the exact time.

I have never been questioned about bringing in my own food and drink. They do sell food, snacks, beer ect.

Quote:
I've never been to a straight line track before so I've got lots of questions. How much to race at atco? How many runs can you get in per night? Do racers get turned away if it is too crowded? How often does this happen (if it does)? Is there a cost to spectate? Can I bring food/water? Where can I find rules (I tried searching but found nothing concrete yet)? What kind of speed/times requires helmet, roll cages, etc...?

I've got more but will stop myself there for now.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #72
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

Do you know the requirements on the helmet? I've got a couple motorcycle helmets and was wondering if I could use them. Supposedly my car will run low 12's hi 11's and I would like to check out the previous owners claim of 117mph trap speed. I'm going to check the atco schedule now
Old 04-21-2010, 02:19 PM   #73
IMPREZvWRX
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #164

Quote:
Do you know the requirements on the helmet? I've got a couple motorcycle helmets and was wondering if I could use them. Supposedly my car will run low 12's hi 11's and I would like to check out the previous owners claim of 117mph trap speed. I'm going to check the atco schedule now
I use a Snell M2000 helmet, but they never look. I used to run my dirtbike helmet with an unknown rating that I bought somewhere around 1994 and they never questioned it.

BTW, they are going to ask you if you have the stock turbo on your car. The correct answer is yes.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:43 PM   #74
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

yeah, what he said. you can pretty much use any helmet. I was using one of those cheesy half helmet caps up untill this year. Shoot you could prolly have a bicycle helmet on. lol

Good thinking on the stock turbo question Chris. Thats a good heads up for everyone. They ask you if you have a aftermarket turbo now. If you answer yes, you need a fire-jacket. They have never lifted my hood so they wouldn't know and the guy who asks you at the gate doesn't see your times.

What turbo do you have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMPREZvWRX View Post
I use a Snell M2000 helmet, but they never look. I used to run my dirtbike helmet with an unknown rating that I bought somewhere around 1994 and they never questioned it.

BTW, they are going to ask you if you have the stock turbo on your car. The correct answer is yes.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM   #75
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

Quote:

What turbo do you have?

The stock one...?

but seriously Tdo6 20g It looks stock tho
Old 05-07-2010, 04:06 PM   #76
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

It was cool hanging with you last night at the track. Hit me up if you want to go again. i will do the same

Quote:
The stock one...?

but seriously Tdo6 20g It looks stock tho
Old 05-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #77
CTechLite

Member #10762

My Ride:
2002 Bugeye

Oh hell yeah I'm going again. First thing I did when I got home was start looking at headers and an intake! A guy at work said he used to go to maple grove because he was able to run faster there...
Old 05-07-2010, 10:14 PM   #78
stover
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3483

My Ride:
2005 MINI Cooper S

orbit whats ur mod list? im hopefully picking up a subie twards the end of the summer and want to know what kind of mods i would need to make it in the 12s
Old 05-08-2010, 04:49 PM   #79
Orbit
Tri-State Addict

Member #32

My Ride:
2002 WRX

I have the stock turbo record, so i wouldnt go by my mod list to hit 12's. It took me years to do it. If you really just want to hit 12's, you should just upgrade your turbo to a vf34 or bigger. Well, after you do the basic bolt on upgrades. I will add my mod list on the first post for you later though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexystover View Post
orbit whats ur mod list? im hopefully picking up a subie twards the end of the summer and want to know what kind of mods i would need to make it in the 12s
Old 05-09-2010, 02:15 AM   #80
mike@area1320
Former Vendor

Member #5533

My Ride:
02' WRX

Send a message via AIM to mike@area1320
awesome time man!! congrats!! i'd like to see it run sometime. post up when your gonna go down atco or are you there quite often? seems like it anyways haha.

** and imprezvwrx i spent a good 10 sec's or so swiping away at my screen till i realized it was your damn avatar. lol
mike@area1320 is offline   Reply With Quote