TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Ask The Law
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 12-23-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
On Sale
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #869

Suspended License Mistake

Ok, real quick here is the story.

Driving on I-95, doin 118mph. Got pulled over. The cop then tried to tell me my license is suspended. When i knew it wasnt. So he impounds the vehicle and i go home and do a license report on the penndot site. It comes up as pending suspension (i already knew this). So i figured maybe it wasnt updated, and the cop's computer was. So i call Penndot the next day, and they say my license is Valid, the ticket that caused the Pending Suspension was dropped. They said my license was never suspended. Not even for one day.

So my question is, where did this cop come up with the idea that my license is suspended? Can he impound a car, for a Pending Suspension? (common sense tells me no, because its pending).

P.S. This happened almost a year ago, im just wondering how he ever got the idea that it was suspended. Thanks in advance for the help.
On Sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:03 AM   #2
04CROWNVIC
[TST] Police Officer, Representing PA

Member #1196

That sounds like a computer mistake on either pendot or harrisburg.I never heard of a pending suspension, but sounds like they put it through as a full suspension.. the only thing that comes up when you would run a persons license is.. SUSPENSION:YES or SUSPENSION:NO theres no inbetween.. so your license had to be in full suspension or else they would not have been able to take the car..harrisburg scews up alot and they dont update there files fast enough.. like you could pay a ticket to get your suspension removed and you get a letter saying all is good but then if you run the license it will still come up suspended..
04CROWNVIC is offline   Reply With Quote