TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 AM   #1
dt98gsr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2949

My Ride:
'98 Integra GSR (Gone) '07 Si Coupe (Daily) '08 s2000 (New Project!)

Send a message via AIM to dt98gsr
Some of my Recent Work

Alright well the weather has finally started to get nice around here so I got a chance to go out and shoot my boy Billy's (BlackDeathV6BG) '02 V6 Accord for the first time since he installed his new '98-'00 OEM Accord coupe bumper with the OEM lip.

I know this spot is getting a little old but it is 2 mins. away from my work and I wanted to catch some sunlight.

I also got a chance to take some night shots of my car tonight.

All shots were taken with my Nikon D80.
Let me know what you guys think of them. Any C + C welcome.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by dt98gsr; 03-15-2007 at 02:08 AM. Reason: edit
dt98gsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
jspek
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #539

My Ride:
cafe and a broke s2k

Send a message via AIM to jspek
so stole my parking garage shot you bastard. i challenge you to a duel. haha jk. nice pics. i love crazy w/b night shots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

jspek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 02:13 AM   #3
BlackDeathV6BG
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3060

My Ride:
2002 B-92P CG2 J30A1

Send a message via AIM to BlackDeathV6BG
Nice! Love the pics. Thanks dave. My car looks awesome!
-Hondaaccordforum.com
-Honda-tech.com
BlackDeathV6BG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 07:30 AM   #4
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

a few things to keep an eye out for next time - in shot 1, shift over to the right or position the vehicle to your left more so that the background is the building 100%, rather than partial building and partial sky/tree. it makes for a more uniform background.

shot 2, move the car towards you a bit more so that the parking lines are covered, or photoshop them out. it's not always possible to avoid the parking lines but it helps reduce reflections on the paint and keeps the focus on the car. anythin in the foreground of the vehicle can become a distraction and the eye will wander away from the car.

I like shot 10 the most but the lighting / white balance isn't the greatest, not at any fault of yours. If you shoot RAW, you can desaturate the yellow cast from the tungsten lighting a bit but it probably won't get rid of it all. street lights are a bitch to get the white balance correct.

i like rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #5
dt98gsr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2949

My Ride:

Thanks for the comments guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
a few things to keep an eye out for next time - in shot 1, shift over to the right or position the vehicle to your left more so that the background is the building 100%, rather than partial building and partial sky/tree. it makes for a more uniform background.

shot 2, move the car towards you a bit more so that the parking lines are covered, or photoshop them out. it's not always possible to avoid the parking lines but it helps reduce reflections on the paint and keeps the focus on the car. anythin in the foreground of the vehicle can become a distraction and the eye will wander away from the car.

I like shot 10 the most but the lighting / white balance isn't the greatest, not at any fault of yours. If you shoot RAW, you can desaturate the yellow cast from the tungsten lighting a bit but it probably won't get rid of it all. street lights are a bitch to get the white balance correct.
i like rice: Thanks for the advice I appreciate that. Your suggestions on the first couple shots does make a lot of since and I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I go out and shoot.

As far as #10 goes, the lighting at this location is kind of tricky. The whole place is lit by these dimly lit orangeish-yellow old fashioned lights to try and set a mood. I really liked the location for shot #10 but there are so many lights around it was hard to avoid the reflections on the car and the yellowish tint to the photo.

I have only owned my D80 for a couple months now and I am still learning new things all the time. I haven't shot anything in RAW yet, I guess mainly because I have been trying to focus on different things when I go out and shoot. I want to try and learn how to shoot/edit in RAW file format but I had a few questions. How many RAW files can you usually fit on a 1gb or 2gb SD card? And CS2 has a built in RAW editor, correct?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:24 AM   #6
streetAssasin96
Tri-State Addict

Member #2686

My Ride:
96 GSR, 95 Civ Coupe

sick pics. as always the teg looks emaculate. #14 my fav

next time think, 39 Thieves are quicker than 40 winks
streetAssasin96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 AM   #7
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Quote:
Originally Posted by dt98gsr View Post
Thanks for the comments guys.

I have only owned my D80 for a couple months now and I am still learning new things all the time. I haven't shot anything in RAW yet, I guess mainly because I have been trying to focus on different things when I go out and shoot. I want to try and learn how to shoot/edit in RAW file format but I had a few questions. How many RAW files can you usually fit on a 1gb or 2gb SD card? And CS2 has a built in RAW editor, correct?
I haven't used a D80 yet so my numbers be off, but on my 20D and 1D MKII with a 1GB card, I can usually fit 90-100 RAW images + a 2 megapixel JPG. I shot RAW + JPEG so I can see the images after shooting them to use the histogram to judge if exposure is correct. Memory is cheap nowadays so I usually carry 5-6 memory cards but I rarely use more than 3. Quality > Quantity.

If your CS2 files are up to date, you can edit RAW images. Here's a screen shot of how CS2 looks while using the editor:

One thing I like is how almost all of the adjustments I need are made under one tab (exposure, contrast, WB, etc). Previously, I would have to go through 5-6 drop down menus to get to the adjustments.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #8
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

I would say that spot is getting old if Dimitri's car popped up in the background. lol. I think Im going to have to go take some pics at Grounds for Sculpture too. Looks great!

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 AM   #9
dt98gsr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2949

My Ride:

Thanks again for the comments everyone.

i like rice: Thanks a lot for answering my questions, and thanks a lot for that screen shot. I can already see what you mean, when you say you can make a majority if not all of your adjustments on one screen as opposed to going through multiple menus or adjustments layers.

I'll definitely have to make sure my version of CS2 is up to date and has the RAW editor plugins and do some more reading on RAW editing but the next time I go out and shoot I definitely will give it a shot. Hell I'm going to NYC today so maybe I'll give it a shot.

Old 03-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #10
i like rice
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3858

Does your camera let you shoot both RAW + JPEG simultaneously?

Old 03-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #11
97TurboDSM
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #849

My Ride:
'03 IY 20th GTI

Send a message via AIM to 97TurboDSM
i have a D70s and im pretty sure raw+jpeg is an option so i would guess he can shoot that way too...nice shots btw
Old 03-15-2007, 04:39 PM   #12
ibepressin
Tri-State Addict

Member #2707

My Ride:
99 nbm z-28 stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like rice View Post
Does your camera let you shoot both RAW + JPEG simultaneously?
Yea the d80 does that.
ibepressin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #13
D Money
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #798

My Ride:
Big dawg ride

Send a message via AIM to D Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
I would say that spot is getting old if Dimitri's car popped up in the background. lol. I think Im going to have to go take some pics at Grounds for Sculpture too. Looks great!
Uh, I in the garage, ONCE.

Anyways, that grounds for sculpture place is OLD SCHOOL. I shot pictures there back in the day girly.

You can't see, but the giant tooth is right there in front of my car.

Quote:
D has beat me up in public before. be careful this guy is reckless!
D Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 02:35 AM   #14
BlackDeathV6BG
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #3060

My Ride:
2002 B-92P CG2 J30A1

Send a message via AIM to BlackDeathV6BG
I was going to take some pics at grounds for sculpture but I guess not then.
-Hondaaccordforum.com
-Honda-tech.com
BlackDeathV6BG is offline   Reply With Quote