TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery > Photography
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

New Camera Fuji Finepix s1800

http://www.amazon.com/Fujifilm-FineP...p_ob_p_image_2

specs

so this is my first dab into photography past point and clicks. This was great price with what im looking to do with it. Itll be used for shooting cars, family events etc. just an all around camera. Ive never taken classes before or anything, but would like the ability to learn a little about photography and all of the elements of it, but not have spend an arm and a leg and im hoping i have accomplished it with this purchase! if anyone has any sites for tips or anything let me know.

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."

Last edited by DaBombDiggidy; 11-16-2010 at 05:34 PM.
DaBombDiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:04 PM   #2
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Hmm, might go get one of these and start doing some photography myself! Thanks for posting up the link, hope it's a good camera!

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:40 PM   #3
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
Not a bad price, but It seems almost like a glorified point and shoot. I'm one of the only people I know who still shoot film so I'd say get a film camera if your a beginner and master the basics. Then when you upgrade to a dslr, you'll appreciate it more and utilize it better imo.

Dropped and swapped Civic Si
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:25 AM   #4
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

id get film but im not that crazy on learning to be honest. i always wondered why in college all the photography students in begining classes had to buy film cameras

Quote:
-car guy to car guy "Biggest let down ever... its rear wheel drive but barely pushing 200 hp..."
-comment from non car enthusiast "I didn't know you could even be let down by a Scion....."
Old 11-17-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
Elliott18t
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #9456

My Ride:
03 GTI w/ F4h-T 250-260hp goal

Send a message via AIM to Elliott18t
i wouldve gone with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-PowerSho...0002075&sr=1-2

im a noob too, but i found a good deal on a Sony dslr.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

TST's Dub Cult
Elliott18t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

why tho... the fuji has better megapixel and zoom. either way tho it seems if you wait you can usually find a decent "tweener" camera which is great for me, no way im spending 700+ on a camera EFF that. if i was making money to do it that would be a different story.

ps anyone know of any good photoediting programs or books to look into to learn about the camera world (i have photoshop).

Quote:

Last edited by DaBombDiggidy; 11-17-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
RSX Type-Slow
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5868

My Ride:
99' Civic Si

Send a message via AIM to RSX Type-Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBombDiggidy View Post
id get film but im not that crazy on learning to be honest. i always wondered why in college all the photography students in begining classes had to buy film cameras
one must learn to walk before he can run

Dropped and swapped Civic Si
RSX Type-Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

I have a DSLR and I love it. If you are just getting into shooting then this should be good for you. Lots of good reviews on it. Not as many features as a full DSLR but good enough for a beginner. I got a Canon Rebel as my first non point and shoot. Now I am working with Nikons. Fuji is a good brand though and I have used some of their more high end cameras and I liked them. Post some photos somewhere when you get to mess with it.
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #9
DaBombDiggidy
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #10372

My Ride:
2004 SRT

should be in on the 18th... i used the amazon prime (month free trial) 2 day shipping for free FTW but no way im going to pay for it i just thought it would be nice for the month leading to xmas in case i wanted anything. but so far ive only bought things for myself with it whoops.

Quote: