TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > [TST] Vendors > PSI PROformance
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

My Day at PSI PRO! A+ Shop!

First let me say a massive THANK YOU to Travis (And I feel really horrible, but I forgot the name of the mechanic who worked on my car the entire day and night and stuck with us until 2am, you and Travis are the best!) and all the guys over at the shop for the long hours they put into my car to get it back to me last night.

The fabrication work these guys do is just unmatched! They did something no other shop has been able to do, and that is make a true 1 piece 3 inch down pipe for my Juke. It's seriously ridiculous.

Despite the absurd unforeseen problems we ran into, these guys handled it with respect, class, and professionalism to get the job done not only right, but looked good doing it too. I was at the shop a very long time yesterday but had a good time. These guys are great people, they like to have fun while getting their work done. I was just completely blown away by how much further PSI PRO went for my goofy little Juke, when you think about these guys work on 400HP-800HP+ cars all the time, and not some sad little 1.6T crossover lol.

Though I think They were surprised by the numbers this thing was pulling on the dyno. So again I just want to say thank you for the hard work and long hours everyone at PSI PRO put in for me. They went above and beyond and can now be proud (or embarrassed lol) to say they helped make the fastest Juke in the states currently.

I'd go to them again in heart beat (though I am not sure how welcomed I'd be at this point after last night haha), and think I might come next year for some custom intercooler work.

This shop is the real deal run by some top notch guys. Thanks again!
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
Kgmdawg84
Tri-State Addict

Member #51

My Ride:
2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8L R-Spec

Send a message via AIM to Kgmdawg84
what kinda numbers is it putting down now?
Kgmdawg84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgmdawg84 View Post
what kinda numbers is it putting down now?
I had John Visconti, a an ECUTek master tuner meet me at the shop. A fantastic guy that is doing a lot for the Juke world. It needs further adjustments (we ran out of dyno time, it was like 2am when we left).

But...

Old 10-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #4
PSIPROformance
Vendor

Member #15082

Haha, Thanks for the review Matt, Your always welcome Back Here. Glad everything turned out great with the car, And it definitely put down some good numbers for what it is. It was a Very long day but well worth it for a happy customer and a crazy little juke.

When your ready for more Definitely let us know we would be glad to help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
\

200 W 5th St (Suite 104) Lansdale PA 19446
215-361-7100
PSIPROformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:
Zenki S14 - Sold the SRT4

that ****'s cray. what do these run 1/4?

no thread for current s2000.
mr_eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #6
2g Talon
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #23531

My Ride:
2014 Focus ST

carsort.com puts the 2012 Nissan Juke SV at a 15.5 @89mph. with a 60-foot time of about 7.3 sec.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:35 PM   #7
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSIPROformance View Post
Haha, Thanks for the review Matt, Your always welcome Back Here. Glad everything turned out great with the car, And it definitely put down some good numbers for what it is. It was a Very long day but well worth it for a happy customer and a crazy little juke.

When your ready for more Definitely let us know we would be glad to help.
I think after seeing your custom intercooler work, that I might come back next season for a custom IC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh View Post
that ****'s cray. what do these run 1/4?
Can never tell when you are being sarcastic Pas lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2g Talon View Post
carsort.com puts the 2012 Nissan Juke SV at a 15.5 @89mph. with a 60-foot time of about 7.3 sec.
Was that an AWD or a FWD 6MT model?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #8
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:

light sarcasm, but am curious what they do in 1/4... 230whp isn't bad at all it should be low mid-low 14s ? is there a big difference in the awd/fwd times? they both come turbo? after the 240 is sorted out I wanna try for 200-250 in the integra, it's fun to whip around little peppy cars that wont cost an arm and a leg to fix

Old 10-04-2012, 09:14 AM   #9
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
light sarcasm, but am curious what they do in 1/4... 230whp isn't bad at all it should be low mid-low 14s ? is there a big difference in the awd/fwd times? they both come turbo? after the 240 is sorted out I wanna try for 200-250 in the integra, it's fun to whip around little peppy cars that wont cost an arm and a leg to fix
Yes there is a decent difference in the times I would think. The drive train loss in the AWD models are pretty crazy. The ATCO Nissan day had one heavily modded AWD Juke (it was apparently running on 20's though), and I was told it ran a 16.8.

Yes, all Jukes in this country come with a 1.6 DIG-T engine. European and Asian markets have a 1.5 and a diesel variant, and some don't have a turbo option at all. You are right about it being fun to whip around though. It's no RWD beast, but that's not my style anyway. I like different. I have been getting some surprisingly positive feedback from people after they saw what the car put down and how it looks now with a 2 inch drop.

This funky little crossover continues to impress me, and unlike my Sentra, I am not cutting corners with the Juke, and while I have already spent a small fortune on the car, it has been 100% worth it. It needs further adjustments for 20psi, as I think the stock boost solenoid is starting to reach its limits, and the clutch can not hold more then 18-20 psi on the street (It held 26 psi on the dyno, made 277 torque at around 4500 RPM before it blew a throttle body coupler lol).

The stock fuel setup is holding up surprisingly well, better then I thought at nearly 100hp more over the stock 188 crank HP. But come next year, a custom clutch and IC setup will be some of the first things done.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:

I hear ya... I have conflicting fun driving experiences in the integra & 240... I guess somewhere I lost sight of that as long as the driver is having fun with their car it really doesn't matter what they are driving.

what kind of turbo comes on these? Is there a large modding community for the jukes? do any other cars share the same engine as yours?

Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
I hear ya... I have conflicting fun driving experiences in the integra & 240... I guess somewhere I lost sight of that as long as the driver is having fun with their car it really doesn't matter what they are driving.

what kind of turbo comes on these? Is there a large modding community for the jukes? do any other cars share the same engine as yours?
Yea I know what you mean. I am a FWD guy and always seem to have more fun in them. Grant it my my 78 and my 84 boosted Z were absolute blasts to drive, and I can't wait to get another one, but there is just something about the Juke that I fell in love with. While my 84 made way more torque (I love torque), the Juke is just so much more fun to drive.

What kind of turbo? Um I don't know, a baby turbo? A lawnmower turbo? An "Awwww look how cute that little guy is" kind of turbo. Lol, sorry Pas can't really give you any specs on it because sadly I don't know and I haven't been able to find too much info on them. All I can tell you is that trying to fit anything bigger will require a custom manifold to change the turbo location. I am plan on just upgrading the internals in the stock one to make it good for about 400HP. My goal is 350-375HP.

No other cars as of yet use the MR16DDT engine, but Nissan plans on using it for other cars.

The community is coming into its own. I am seeing more and more Jukes on the road, but no one else around here is modding them yet. Those who are modding them are spread out among the states, but the mod scene for them seems to be pretty big in Europe and Asia.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #12
mr_eh
Tri-State Addict

Member #1149

My Ride:

Got ya. Have you considered porting & modding the stock turbo? I know on the 16gs iirc for the srt4s cleaning them up and porting them helped a bit, I think they were able to squeeze a different wheel in but I could be off my rocker it was a while ago.

350 sounds like a lot on paper, has anyone pushed that much whp with the engine?

Old 10-04-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:

Quote:
Got ya. Have you considered porting & modding the stock turbo? I know on the 16gs iirc for the srt4s cleaning them up and porting them helped a bit, I think they were able to squeeze a different wheel in but I could be off my rocker it was a while ago.

350 sounds like a lot on paper, has anyone pushed that much whp with the engine?
Turbo upgrade: http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=258&page=1

400 HP Juke: http://www.unfinishedman.com/400-hp-...fox-marketing/
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #14
PSIPROformance
Vendor

Member #15082

Brace is on its way to you

\

200 W 5th St (Suite 104) Lansdale PA 19446
215-361-7100
PSIPROformance is offline   Reply With Quote