TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 07-13-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

Send a message via ICQ to Twinz
Help out a fellow TST member in his time of need. Please read!

As many of you know, but some may not, a good friend of mine and fellow member was in a very serious accident last december. It was a rainy day and his SRT was hit from behind which spun him into the oncomming lane where he was T-Boned at full speed. The person who hit him took off and was never caught. The accident fractured 10 of his vertibrea and cracked 9 ribs along with a lot of cuts and bruises. The impact was so severe that his seat broke and the paramedics had to pull him out of the back seat of his car. He is currently paralyzed from the waist down. The accident left him in the hospital for over 4 months, he was discharged and shortly after placed back in the hospital for infections and fever caused by the accident. Over the past 6 months he has almost died 3 times, due to the accident and then severe fever cause by infections. His parents were forced to take time off of work to spend with him in the hospital and they spent 10's of thousands of dollars renovating his house to make it wheelchair accesable for him when he came home. They are in great need of some financial help, since it will be a long time until his insurance gives him anything

The story about the accident was posted right after it happened and a lot of memebers said they wanted to help out. I am posting this to give people the chance to help him out, if anyone would be able to donate some money to help him out it would be greatly appreciated by him, his family and his friends. In addition we will be having a beef and beer benifit to raise some money for him, i will post information on that when the time comes closer, if any venders or anyone would want to donate products for a raffle that would also be appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

Here is a link to a post he placed:
http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...ad.php?t=53940

pictures of the car are in there if you want to see how bad it was.
Twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

hook up a paypal account or an address to send a check to... we can't do anything with out knowing how to get him the money.
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
ITSTOCK
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #844

ugh, I wish I had read this a year ago, or you posted about making the home wheelchair ready. If they need any more improvements done to the house, give me a PM. I might be able to help them out with some .gov programs that we work with rather frequently, or a couple of contractors would be more than willing to help out (without the gov funding).
ITSTOCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
zerioustt
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1356

Send a message via AIM to zerioustt
if you need any help with the beef and beer let me know, we are doing one for our good friend who passed. its alot to do so let me know if you need advice.

your mom has no thumbs and hitch hikes like this...

Quote:
Yea seriously. Zerioustt is a toolbag.
zerioustt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
Ill definately come to the event man, thats just terrible. If you guys need help putting the event together, I can do that as well, I am usually first in line to volonteer (sp) for that kinda stuff.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

alright thanks guys when i know more about the beef and beer i will post it up its all in the works now...i think he was a paypal i will ask the address...if not i will just give you mine and i will give him the cash. Yea they had to a lot of work laying a concrete ramp, widening all doors, wheel chair lift a lot of other stuff.

Last edited by Twinz; 07-13-2008 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

i just asked him about the paypal, his dad set one up for him but he doesn't know the address right now. He said he will get back to me with it and i will post it up
Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 PM   #8
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
I'll definitely keep an eye out for the beef and beer, and tell some friends to come too. I bet that can be huge and raise a lot of money.

Its not really my business but since you brought it up, why after a year would he still be having trouble getting money from the insurance company? I'm sure every situation varies but I wouldn't think a decent insurance company would be on more than a 2-3 month delay on things really.

Anyway, I hope he's doing better now and keep us updated on things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

well he told me his lawyer is still fighting with the insurance company, they have not paid anything yet. Its kinda f'd up they are delaying because they dont have anyone to put the blame on for the hit and run...they originally were trying to pin it on him saying he lost control and because the car was modified he must have been driving like an a-hole. reality is the he was doing under the speed limit and someone changed lanes behind him too quickly and tapped himin the corner which cause the spin...so the insurance info was never officially filed till a few months after the accident occured. The should be doing something soon. I believe that is the reason why he has not recieved anything but im not 100% sure

also i will keep everyone updated. He is doing ok now but it's on and off, He has been in serious risk of death as late as last month when one of his fevers shot up to 105, he had the infection MERSA in his foot and it was pretty serious for a while. The infection is undercontrol now so things should start getting better

Last edited by Twinz; 07-13-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #10
Twinz
Tri-State Addict

Member #2189

My Ride:
1990 Skyline GT-R

I sent him a link to this post so im sure he will be able to clear things up too when he gets online
Old 07-13-2008, 07:27 PM   #11
240sxDann
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1229

My Ride:
1998 Eclipse GSX

Send a message via AIM to 240sxDann
keep us updated man! I remember that thread and posting in it, and I will still donate what I can. Thats such an effed up situation about the other driver and all that it makes me sick. I'd also be down for a beef and beer (root beer for me lol) at some point, assuming its within a reasonable distance from me.
If you find a woman with zero drama issues or emotional baggage, check for a scar where her penis used to be.
Quote:
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes
240sxDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #12
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Whoa....man what a nightmare situation! +1 for a PayPal address! Good luck to your friend....what a crappy thing to have happen to anyone. Very sad.

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:49 PM   #13
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
I remeber that thread when this originally happened but wow I forgot how bad the car was. Im def in when the beef abd beer is announced.
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:43 PM   #14
KingOfDelco
Tri-State Addict
Banned

Member #8058

My Ride:
'05 Scion Coupe

Man..... there are no words to describe a situation like this. Bad things happen to good people. Totally awesome to see he is being so strong and posititve. I can't imagine how hard that must be. He must have balls of steel. He sounds like a really good kid.

I will DEFINITELY keep him in my thoughts and pray for the best recovery possible. I wish I was in a position to do more, but I'd really like to see this BnB and contribute in just a small way. Best of luck!
KingOfDelco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Vypurr
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #58

My Ride:
06' SGM STi / 05' ZX-6R

Send a message via AIM to Vypurr
I am in. Post a link. Its a damn shame, Mike seemed to be in great spirits when he was posting here.
Gentleman do what ever it takes to empty our coffers lapdances, champagne dances, shower dances. Oh the things you can buy for a handfull of bills. It makes me excited. It gives me the chills. Thell be filcher rubs, breeders, hambones and tweeners, zobos and debos and blorps that go eenah. for a one dollar bill you can pull down their zippers.
I am the snorlax, I speak for the strippers!
Vypurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 09:22 PM   #16
russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Wow that is very tragic. I will try my best to make it out to the Beef and Beer fest. I could help set it up.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #17
max2k1
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #393

My Ride:
Wheelchair

Send a message via AIM to max2k1
The reason my insurance is holding out on me is because the 70 year old couple that t-boned me said I was speeding. Which is bs. The first time they saw me was 1 second before they nailed me while i was sliding backwards. As soon as the came around the bend in the road is when we hit. There is no way they could see if I was speeding. But the genius officer on the scene who actually tried to interagate me while I was hanging out my back window struggling to breathe and slipping in and out of consiousness wrote me a wreckless driving ticket. So right now my lawyer is dealing with that. With me being unable to actually go to court its been a slow process. My lawyer actually had to come into the hospital to take a video statement from me so that he could actually go to court and get the ticket thrown out and my insurance can give me the money from the hit and run clause in my insurance contract. My lawyer who is a senior partner at the firm my aunt works for offered to just take a small percentage of my settlements instead of billing me $500/hr. I have more than just that court case going on as well, but im not going to get into details. Its going to take years to settle my cases. With all my hospital stays and everything else. Over the next few years im looking at a couple of million dollars in bills.

I will fill in some of the blanks about my medical situation that twinz was talking about. Yes its true that ive nearly died 3 times since the accident on December 23rd. For 2 days after the accident the doctors at Cooper medical center were not sure whether I would pull through or not. I was actually taken to a hospital and trenton right after the accident and they wanted to air lift me to cooper, but the weather was too severe so I had to be taken by a specialized ambulance. After contracting MERSA in rehab I developed a serious blood infection that the doctors thought was gonna kill me. The third and hopefully last time, I went septic while spending a month in the hospital having 4 surgeries. My blood pressure dropped to 78 over 24 with a fever of 105. The hospital called an emergency code on me and I had 8 doctors watching me around the clock to make sure I would make it. I just got back from another week in the hospital, where I had to have another surgery to remove infected bones from my foot before it spread to far and they would have to take the whole foot off. So Ive spent 5 of the last 6 months in and out of the hospital. Ive had 5 surgeries and 3 death scares. Its been a pretty crappy year so far.

The Story Behind My Avatar

Quote:
They show all the dumb kids with ghetto rigged Honda's. Im not hatin Honda guys, just stating facts here.
max2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:15 AM   #18
ScoobyNubieToo!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #862

My Ride:
WRB 2004 WRX Wagon with 07 STI Trans and Longblock inside!

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2k1 View Post
Its been a pretty crappy year so far.
I would call that the understatement of the year! Yeah, he's right. Cases like this take years to settle, even when they don't have all of the complicating factors that this one appears to have. And gone are the days where someone gets $500K for a bad back from a fender bender....those days are gone forever. Actually, juries for the most part in the Tri-State area kind of exhibit a lot of backlash about giving large cash settlements. This guy will most definitely spend much more $$$ on his own medical care/special needs than any settlement will ever provide, not to mention his pain and suffering. Good luck to you, man. I hope something big (good) happens for you.

ScoobyNubieToo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 AM   #19
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Mak2k1 I dont know you but I feel like I do. My prayers are with you. Everytime I look at your srt it makes my stomach drop. Good luck with everything your dealing with and i hope to someday shake your hand for being such a brave soul.
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:38 AM   #20
05suby
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5738

My Ride:
2005 WRX

i hope things turn around for you dude. im down for a beef and beer and the paypal. somethings gotta go your way soon.
WFCrew #231
Form > Function
Static > Bagged

....GO
R.I.P. Sherwood "No Home"
05suby is offline   Reply With Quote