TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

TST Fall Run (The Pumpkin Roll) *Links to pictures are up, and so is the video*

Ok as some of you know I am throwing a run this year in the spirit of last years fall run. It is known as the Pumpkin Roll. The run is full but I am taking people who want to go on the backup list in case anyone can't make it.

The run will be starting in Allentown and run through the Poconos, into Jersey, through the Delaware Water Gap rec. area and back into PA. Total will be over 118 miles with stops for lunch and pictures, culminating in a dinner meet.

This years run will not be a high speed run but it will be hard on the cars that are driving and is only for excperienced drivers. Keep that in mind and if you think you fit the bill post up in here and if a spot opens you will be in. If you do replace someone please don't take it lightly you are expected to go and shouldn't drop out on a whim. There are a lot of people that would like to go on these runs so please only accept if you know you will be making it.

A VOLUNTEER IS NEEDED TO DRIVE IN FRONT OF CIZIN TO BE ON THE VIDEO. WE WILL NOT BE EDITING SO YOUR PLATE WILL BE SEEN.

**The current list of attendees**
Cizin and guest
Honest_Bob and trunk monkey
Martang
Buster and Susie
Subie_Sleeper and guest
4drstunner
Jwan01??
I am holding open a spot while waiting for one more response.

Date of the run is Oct. 13th

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE BACKUP LIST

WAITING LIST:
1. UnderPoweredRS
2. 2pointOT

**EDIT**
After keeping track on the practice drive we found the run to be a grand total of 170 Miles!!!!!! we have now included time to stop for an hour and a half (give or take) to walk around Bushkill Falls. I am still working on getting the video shrunk down to show some shots of what to expect. Also a spot has opened. The first person on the waiting list has been notified, if he can't make it the next person will be contacted.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by Ender81; 10-25-2007 at 10:37 AM.
Ender81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:24 PM   #2
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:
"Honey Badger" Turbo Miata

Send a message via AIM to CleanNeon98
what day and date will it be..im down but i gotta have it scheduled
Old 09-12-2007, 01:28 PM   #3
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

Sweet Im on the list and didnt know about it! lol Im stoked!

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanNeon98 View Post
what day and date will it be..im down but i gotta have it scheduled
Added the date Make sure you read everything in that post because I know you've broken end links before and you will definately be able to do the same on these roads just so you know.
I know this is my work cutting into this, but they use a pretty expensive casket for the Dragula.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #5
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:
2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T and 2008 Honda CBR1000rr

Send a message via AIM to 2drStunner
Guys these runs are fun as hell! I went last year and loved it!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
2drStunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #6
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluMeanie View Post
Sweet Im on the list and didnt know about it! lol Im stoked!
Yeash apparently you fall under Co-Pilot lol

Old 09-12-2007, 01:33 PM   #7
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender81 View Post
Added the date Make sure you read everything in that post because I know you've broken end links before and you will definately be able to do the same on these roads just so you know.
Nah we got that issue fixed. Yea im definately down...why is the list so small tho. dont worry about me keepin up with you guys im a great driver
Old 09-12-2007, 01:36 PM   #8
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Well since this is my first run, and the roads are very tight with a ton of turns, a smaller group is much easier to organize and keep together.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #9
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

Can we do a Fall Crawl so I can bring the Mini....
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #10
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Well since this is my first run, and the roads are very tight with a ton of turns, a smaller group is much easier to organize and keep together.
Thats true. As far as cornering I do fine, but I lack the grunt in between the turns so if im gona be runing with 300+whp cars it will turn into a problem..however since you said its not a "high speed run" i will be OK
Old 09-12-2007, 01:38 PM   #11
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:

Quote:
Yes this is true! Roads are fun as hell to drive on but we do come across a occansinal stop sign and that takes for ever for everyone to catch up. A smaller group will be better!
you're car looks so deliciously good possibly better then the cereal i'm about to eat.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #12
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

now what do you mean itl be hard on the cars...
Old 09-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #13
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
Can we do a Fall Crawl so I can bring the Mini....
Dude that's not even right I would kill to have the mini along. You sure you wouldn't be able to keep up? In the spring I should have my 66 beetle on the road and I will be doing a much slower run. Hey do you know anyone looking for a bug I am trying to offload my 77 lol.

CleanNeon you might be better off waiting for a slower run, it's not really high speed but there will be parts where we take off and it would be rough for you. Like I mentioned to mike I am doing another one in the spring, I will post up and make it more open if you want to join us then.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #14
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Dude that's not even right I would kill to have the mini along. You sure you wouldn't be able to keep up? In the spring I should have my 66 beetle on the road and I will be doing a much slower run. Hey do you know anyone looking for a bug I am trying to offload my 77 lol.

CleanNeon you might be better off waiting for a slower run, it's not really high speed but there will be parts where we take off and it would be rough for you. Like I mentioned to mike I am doing another one in the spring, I will post up and make it more open if you want to join us then.
I apretiate it, but im not a bitch. Il push my car if needed, and dont worry il keep up...dont believe me do a practice run with me and see for yourself I trained with basically a pro the whole summer. as long as you guys are staying on pavement i have nothing to worry about
Old 09-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #15
martang
Tri-State Addict

Member #2574

Send a message via AIM to martang
I'd be down to go.
martang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #16
EvlEgl
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1412

My Ride:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Send a message via AIM to EvlEgl
Forza 2 and Him are Mad tight Yo!!
EvlEgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlEgl View Post
It has nothing to do with forza, but its just the fact that I can drive as well as anyone else on that list if not better
Old 09-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #18
2drStunner
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2009

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvlEgl View Post
HAHAHAHHA! Yea its def a nice run, no race but def a fast pace! At one point last year my two front tires came off the ground! That was fun.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:53 PM   #19
Ender81
*yawn*
Super Moderator

Member #1753

My Ride:
Idles a little rough ;)

It's not a driver issue man, it's a speed issue and me being able to account for everyone through the run. Maybe Cizing and Honest_Bob could explain it better then I am. You seem to really be taking offense when I mean none. I am just making sure no car is damaged in the making of this run lol. There are a lot of potholes, bumps and such that make it rough on your car. Rich will back me up on that from last years run.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #20
CleanNeon98
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #2029

My Ride:

Quote:
It's not a driver issue man, it's a speed issue and me being able to account for everyone through the run. Maybe Cizing and Honest_Bob could explain it better then I am. You seem to really be taking offense when I mean none. I am just making sure no car is damaged in the making of this run lol. There are a lot of potholes, bumps and such that make it rough on your car. Rich will back me up on that from last years run.
I drive a honda, itl never break lol. Im not taking it personally, honestly if im not gona be on the list im not gona show up out of the blue. Dont worry about my car or me, but if you dont put me in I wont come...definately wana go on a spirited drive though if the one in the spring is gona be a bit "slower" and u think i cant do this put me in for spring, il have more time to practice now, in the spring, and winter for practicing my accident aversion