TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 01:13 AM   #61
tooslow
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18235

My Ride:
2000 Civic

i think we need to get our own black water groups over there and help these countries secretive over through the government and than we can get back to whatever it is the oil companies wanna do. this $3.20 a gal is only gonna go up cause the US would rather buy the oil than use our own
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:21 AM   #62
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
people that plan on buying a bike to offset gas prices should seriously rethink it. You're going to spend a couple thousand dollars for the bike, plus the insurance to cover said bike, just so you dont have to fill up as much.

it pretty much becomes a wash at that point.
for some reason people think if they spend more money they'll save money for some reason. like the person who was gonna buy a new car with 100k miles instead of doing work to their car sometimes it makes sense it might work for a bike but it makes me lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:48 AM   #63
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carministrator View Post
That sums it up pretty good. All this hippy dippy **** about the environment is getting annoying
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepwater_Horizon

Just sayin'.

Oil is a traded commodity, as well. Learn who to be mad at.

Last edited by nuTinmuch; 03-02-2011 at 01:51 AM.
nuTinmuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:55 AM   #64
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
it all lays under conserved land I dont know if any of you heard of the "peak oil theory" basically some people believe we have reached our peak in oil and will only continue to decline while demand increases. However, many believe this to be false and that there is numerous under ground reserves of oil right in our backyard. I am one of the believers that the "peak oil theory" is not true. North America has an immense supply of oil that could sustain the world for hundreds of years. We also have a lot of Tar sands, which although takes more money to refine could be used. Problem is most of the oil reserves believed to be in our backyard lay under preserved lands.

Thing with alternative energy is that it is expensive and right now we dont have the money to invest, however, alternative energy should be the future

TRUTHFULLY we will never run out of oil, its a money making opportunity to put this crisis situation on a resource that is used so much everyday to jack the prices way up. This oil business is extremely powerful and control a lot
This is the truth. However with so much going on and people like the pres. and congress not having to worry about paying for their gas things will not be changing anytime soon. Big business runs this country how they choose.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:57 AM   #65
Whitekryptonit3
Tri-State Addict

Member #7046

My Ride:
MK5 .:R32 #832

Send a message via AIM to Whitekryptonit3
Be happy I'm getting Sparticus ****3d at the pump.. $4.05 today in parts of CT.

Quote:
Agree. If you aren't here legally, don't think multiplying will save you. You're all swimming back, newborn and all.
Truth.
Whitekryptonit3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #66
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Whats happening is a prime example of Illusion of Scarcity. Traders will look at world events such as mid-east turmoil, North Korea ringing war bells and other situations. Based upon this they can forecast on the speculation that demand will go up. They raise the price to curb demand. Is it legal? Unfortunately yes. Libya only produces 2% of the world's consumption and the Saudis have promised to make up for any disruption in Libyan oil supplies. It's pure BS...but people will pay for it anyhow.
Thats just silly talk, Not that im an Urban and Regional Geography Major or anything haha
Domrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:50 AM   #67
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

Quote:
That sums it up pretty good. All this hippy dippy **** about the environment is getting annoying
Thats just silly talk, Not that im an Urban and Regional Geography Major or anything haha
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:55 AM   #68
tjmhillz
Tri-State Addict

Member #1266

My Ride:
01 Turbo Is300

Send a message via AIM to tjmhillz Send a message via Yahoo to tjmhillz
im paying about 3.70 for 93... At first i use to ride around to find the cheapest but now idgaf.. i just try to stay out of boost and only use it when i need to .. Gas prices are going to keep rising and ppl are going to keep complaining but its nothing we can do. i wonder if everybody didnt drive for a day then what would happen?

Last edited by tjmhillz; 03-02-2011 at 02:59 AM.
tjmhillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:56 AM   #69
Domrok
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #19530

My Ride:
02' Camaro SS, 05' SRT-4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
Saving this one for sig lol
Domrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 02:57 AM   #70
nuTinmuch
Tri-State Addict

Member #15637

My Ride:
09 370Z

Send a message via AIM to nuTinmuch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domrok View Post
Whats happening is a prime example of Illusion of Scarcity. Traders will look at world events such as mid-east turmoil, North Korea ringing war bells and other situations. Based upon this they can forecast on the speculation that demand will go up. They raise the price to curb demand. Is it legal? Unfortunately yes. Libya only produces 2% of the world's consumption and the Saudis have promised to make up for any disruption in Libyan oil supplies. It's pure BS...but people will pay for it anyhow.
This man knows what's up.
Old 03-02-2011, 07:02 AM   #71
yellow2000S/R
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2462

My Ride:
1996 7.3 f250, 2001 Focus wagon

Going to look at a 2007 FZ6 on Friday. Look forward to the 45-55mpg.
yellow2000S/R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #72
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfsFang View Post
And this is why i am going to buy a bike in the summer.
Til you buy the bike, get insurance, and maintance you would have to burn a **** ton of gas. IMO, you will spend more money on the bike in the big picture then driving the car. I did the math after owning my bike spent more money in the end but having at bike as a ton of fun.

If your gonna buy one, do it for fun, not for financial reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domrok View Post
Hit the nail right on the head with this.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #73
phsdrummer2
Tri-State Addict

Member #4697

My Ride:
'90 300zx 2+2 TT, '07 Yamaha R6S, '05 Ram 2500

Send a message via AIM to phsdrummer2
filled my r6 up yesterday. Looked over my shoulder when I was done and saw $17 dollars and had two thoughts.

1. WTF it never cost me that much before.
2. God I'm glad I have a bike for the summer.

It's going to get ugly this year. On the bright side, if everyone buys bikes and scooters, perhaps it will be a safer place for us out here.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #74
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
people that plan on buying a bike to offset gas prices should seriously rethink it. You're going to spend a couple thousand dollars for the bike, plus the insurance to cover said bike, just so you dont have to fill up as much.

it pretty much becomes a wash at that point.
That's what I never got either Jim. I did pick up my uncles Monte Carlo for nothing and put about $500 into it. I did need something a little more practical for me overall though. But you have to think, am I going to be spending an extra grand in fuel costs?

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:19 AM   #75
akley88
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #18685

My Ride:
2014 Altima

best thing you can do is make sure your car is in good condition and drive more efficiently, or just not care. i try to drive efficiently then i get bored.
akley88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 10:48 AM   #76
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

I need me one of these bad boys

250R

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 12:09 PM   #77
R22B
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5854

My Ride:
88 Merkur XR4Ti | 92 Mazda MX3 | 98 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer | 91 Ford Ranger89 | 89 Yamaha FZR600

Send a message via ICQ to R22B Send a message via AIM to R22B
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitftw View Post
I need me one of these bad boys

250R
Look at the new Honda CBR250R. Its fuel injected and water cooled unlike the Ninja 250 and cost the same. You can get the optional ABS for an extra $500.

But in all seriousness, unless you were looking to get a bike or found one for cheap, the cost offset of buying a bike and the of gas is nil. Well, unless you drive far.

1992 Mazda MX3
250 Total Miles Commute Weekly
13 Gallon Fuel Tank (@ $4.00/gallon)
19 MPG
247 miles per tank
Total = $52 x twice a week = $104

1989 Yamaha FZR 600
250 Total Miles Commute Weekly
4.75 Gallon Fuel Tank (@ $4.50/gallon premium)
40 MPG
190 miles per tank
Total = $21 x twice a week = $42

Difference: $62/week x 26 weeks = $1612/savings.

My math seems wrong... hrm. Don't try math when you have the flu. Please note this is under the ideal situation as in riding my bike everyday all summer. Obviously if its pouring I wont be riding.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #78
Rush
Tri-State Addict

Member #2869

My Ride:
'05 G35 Coupe 6MT [om-nom]; '00 Protege [DD]; Former MSP Driver [RIP #1276]

This is exactly why the Del Sol was resurrected, and exactly why I insist on keeping it around despite the fact that it's slowly falling apart around me each time I drive it.

The difference between 40mpg on regular gas in the Honda and 20mpg on premium in my G makes the Del Sol worth the aggravation.

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #79
fitftw
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15351

My Ride:
96 Miata 2,040lbs full tank, hardtop, half-cage

I just filled up. I got 250 miles to the tank, filled up 10.5 gallons of 93 for $37. Something like 24.5mpg. Not too bad for a 15 year old Mazda sports car.

fitftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #80
SovXietday
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3403

My Ride:
Civic - CBR - Civic

Send a message via AIM to SovXietday
Quote:
Originally Posted by phsdrummer2 View Post
filled my r6 up yesterday. Looked over my shoulder when I was done and saw $17 dollars and had two thoughts.

1. WTF it never cost me that much before.
2. God I'm glad I have a bike for the summer.

It's going to get ugly this year. On the bright side, if everyone buys bikes and scooters, perhaps it will be a safer place for us out here.
Same thing here, haha. And x2 on it being safer, would much rather get hit by a moped than an Explorer thank you very much!

Quote:
Relax, bud. When the dude with a drag Honda and a boosted daily that has had fast Honda's for years AND fabs his own parts tells the new kids on the block that they're doing it wrong, it's time to step back and learn something.
SovXietday is offline   Reply With Quote