TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Off-Topic
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-28-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
adamkob32
Tri-State Addict

Member #911

My Ride:
Anything With 4 Wheels

Stock Car Experience - Pocono

Wow, just got in from running the stock car experience program at Pocono Raceway. It was really eye opening. I only did the ride along program, didn't drive or anything.

I swear going down the straights it feels like your in slow motion, but then you hit the corner and the banking and it just feels like nothing else. I was not even expecting the kinda of forces that were being felt. Turn 1 was absolutely incredible.

I also was pretty shocked at how bumpy the track actually way. Pocono always looked to be so smooth to me, but it really isn't. Especially getting into the corners you can feel the bumps upset the car a little bit.

Also the sounds of an 800HP V8 at 9,000 RPM is just incredible. It's like nothing else I've experienced.

If your into any kind of racing, this is a great program to check out some day. I just can't believe there are guys running those cars with 43 other drivers on the track at full tilt the whole time after running this program. However it still is not enough to earn me back as a die hard NASCAR fan. New president and Nextel really screwed the whole series.

--Adam

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

XBL ID - Radical Knob

"Drag racing is for fast cars, autocrossing is for fast drivers"
adamkob32 is offline   Reply With Quote