TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Vendor Marketplace > Parts and Vendor Reviews
FAST of West Chester
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #1
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Ground Zero Performance = THE WORST EVER

This is just a heads up for anyone thinking about buying a car from these people or taking their car there for service. DO NOT DO IT.

Short Story:

Bought my 92 vr4 from these people in febuary of 2008. And its been running for at most 4 months since i had it. They promised me everything that was wrong with the car would be fixed free of charge over time. I was stupid enough to trust them. After recently breaking down again, my car is now at 3s motors in long island. And the list of things wrong with the car is huge. For anyone who wants to doubt me. go on 3si.org and search GZP or hans.

I know ur going to see this Hans, or maybe Emilie will see it first. KARMA is a bytch. And I hope to god our parts never cross.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
CHAOS
TST Ruined My Life!
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Member #2120

My Ride:
1984 Cadillac Brougham

iTrader: (1)
didnt you have a really long thread about them before?
CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 PM   #3
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
didnt you have a really long thread about them before?
yeah i did, cuz i could not get intouch with them. this is not for me to get in touch, its a warning for potential victims.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
HatchSurfer3
Tri-State Post Whore
 
HatchSurfer3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Member #853

My Ride:
2013 Ford Focus ST

iTrader: (4)
is that the same car you're trying to sell in your sig? I hope everything works out for you.
__________________
-Joey-

FRP™ #5
HatchSurfer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #5
TalonTsi97
TST Ruined My Life!
 
TalonTsi97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Member #136

My Ride:
1997 Eagle Talon

iTrader: (21)
Send a message via AIM to TalonTsi97
It's funny because i've heard a lot of bad things about them myself from being around a bunch of forums for so many years. I'm suprised they are still in business and still post here always having an excuse.
Good luck with everything.
__________________
1997 Eagle Talon Tsi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Updated weekly with Dyno, Track, AutoX, Street, and Event videos. Big updates coming soon!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
TalonTsi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #6
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 View Post
is that the same car you're trying to sell in your sig? I hope everything works out for you.
Yeah it was, I'm not selling it anymore. I didnt know it needed all that it needed. Im glad it didnt sell cuz i would have looked like a real ass hat
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonTsi97 View Post
It's funny because i've heard a lot of bad things about them myself from being around a bunch of forums for so many years. I'm suprised they are still in business and still post here always having an excuse.
Good luck with everything.
Yeah, Thanks to a member on here, i was recommended to 3smotors in long island, and their reputaion preceeds them, so im comfortable. its alot of money ill be forking out in the next month or so. but ill be aight.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
Eclipse GSX 61
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Eclipse GSX 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Perkasie, PA
Member #7996

My Ride:
14' Mercedes C300

iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to Eclipse GSX 61
I have heard numerous compalints about them. Thank god I don't own a 3000gt.
__________________
97 GSX (sold)
05 SRT 4 ACR (sold)

02 RSX
Eclipse GSX 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Vr-4-Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly PA
Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

iTrader: (4)
What is "everything" that your car needs? id really like to know.
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:40 PM   #10
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipse GSX 61 View Post
I have heard numerous compalints about them. Thank god I don't own a 3000gt.
The cars are pretty nice. Its that Hans and his shop. Worst car buying experience ever. When i think about it, i want to cause him serious bodily harm.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:02 PM   #11
tretiak
Tri-State Addict
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: northampton,pa
Member #3010

My Ride:
2001 s10 blazer xtreme

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to tretiak
yeah my friend devin was in business with hans a few years ago i beleive. dont worry tru ur not the only one who wants to cause serious injury to him.
tretiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:22 PM   #12
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
What is "everything" that your car needs? id really like to know.
Well according to hans, the motor and trans was rebuilt. Found out they just dropped a JDM 4 bolt in there.

60K needs to be done.
Car has 3 original plug wires (like never replaced) so plugs and wires need to be replaced
Brakes and rotors all around.
Axel
Rear turbo return line.
Oil pan is leaking ( could be the rear main seal)
And the car has poor wiring, so its being redone.

This is besides the other stuff you know about.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:27 PM   #13
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by tretiak View Post
yeah my friend devin was in business with hans a few years ago i beleive. dont worry tru ur not the only one who wants to cause serious injury to him.
Yeah i know, damn near everyone on 3si.org wants a piece of him, and his girl too.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Vr-4-Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly PA
Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

iTrader: (4)
I guess thats why they say buyer beware.

Origional plug wires are easy to notice right off the bat too. Do you have anything in writing that they say was done to the car?
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:23 PM   #15
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
I guess thats why they say buyer beware.

Origional plug wires are easy to notice right off the bat too. Do you have anything in writing that they say was done to the car?
Nah, only paper work i got is from recent work. That i paid them to do. And X1000 on the buyer beware.
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #16
Shoolig
Tri-State Aficionado
 
Shoolig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Center Valley
Member #5623

My Ride:
C6

iTrader: (0)
I've never had trouble with Hans, I buy parts from him whenever I need anything and he did some work on my 300ZX before (downpipes to be specific) he charged 200 bucks for installation and even helped me splice a bad 02 sensor with a used Skyline sensor he had laying around.

Hans is responsible for about 80% of the OEM parts used in my friends 3000GT twin turbo conversion, he always gave him good prices and good condition stuff.

He has had my friends 3000GT (black one for sale) in and out in less than 3 days for a new waterpump including waiting on parts to arrive, he was able to track down the reason the fan wasn't kicking on either after the TT swap (pins in TT ecu are different than N/A for fan relay) and hot wired it so he could make it home ok.

Chances are the 3000GT you bought from Hans is nicer than about 60% of TT 3000GT's you'll find for sale... excluding 3si.org since they know their cars and maintain them properly. My first 3KGT VR4 spun a bearing less than 2000 miles of driving, I WAS FURIOUS, but, I should've expected it considering the engine had 9x,xxx miles on it.

My friend Chris's car also spun a bearing while it was N/A and he is a maint. FREAK, he is on the 3rd engine now, 2nd transmission, 4th clutch, 3rd alternator, 3rd starter, 12 sets of plugs (at least lol), 2 water pumps. Only thing original in the car is the radiator, wiring harness, carpet/dash, body parts and glass, steering wheel/turn signal thingy, and seat belts.

Unless you get really lucky (or buy a 3/S from an enthusiast) expect a 3000GT to have one or more of the following:

Broken active aero
Probably one turbo ready to take a poop, usually the back.
An oil leak from somewhere.
Beat side bolster
Grind 1 or more gears (often, or, on occasion)
Poorly maintained timebomb for an engine.
In dire need of a 60 or 120k.
Mild to moderate lifter tick
ECS that doesn't work
Probably 1 slow window (or vertical scratching on it)
1 or more missing exhaust tips
Active exhaust actuator seized
Rattly TOB
Among a few other things.

If it runs and drives and I doesn't spin a bearing, I call it a win.

As you can see, I don't expect much in a used car... but... buyer be warned if you don't know how to remove a transmission or replace a turbo DO NOT buy a 3/S TT, they need a lot of attention- they're very nice cars when working properly but they do need attention, and, even the nicest ones break.

You bought a 3000GT, expect to replace a part or fix an issue every one-two months.

I know the 3000GT you bought probably was bought my Hans with a bad motor, and, recieved the stronger 4 bolt and was brought back to life. It's a really good starting point and for around 5,000 dollars considering the motor plus labor would cost close to that if you ever had to replace it (including labor). If you buy a used car there is absolutely no warranty, it sucks but I've read your thread- and the problems with the car aren't really that bad- I'd just fix it and enjoy it.

If you lived closer I wouldn't even mind lending a serious hand, I don't mind working on them... I do it at least once a month anyway haha.
__________________
Support your local bail bondsman.
Shoolig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #17
rich33389
Tri-State Aficionado
 
rich33389's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NJ
Member #6487

My Ride:
91 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

iTrader: (0)
I have heard plenty of horror stories about Hanz at GZP.
That being said, I never had a problem and he gives me alot of free stuff and never had a problem. Although I do all the work to my car and never let anyone else do it for me.
rich33389 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:00 PM   #18
tretiak
Tri-State Addict
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: northampton,pa
Member #3010

My Ride:
2001 s10 blazer xtreme

iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to tretiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Blu View Post
Yeah i know, damn near everyone on 3si.org wants a piece of him, and his girl too.
oh yeah i know ive heard plenty of horror stories. like my friend cj had a 2g gs-t took it to hans to have him put on a 50 trim turbo, got the car back was driving it home and it started overheating he pulled over and he had no coolant at all.needless to say he wasnt happy and almost put hans in his place.i think i should really tell my friend devin about this so he can post up his stories he got.
tretiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:16 AM   #19
Vr-4-Life
Tri-State Post Whore
 
Vr-4-Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly PA
Member #1961

My Ride:
BMW E60 M5 V10 6 Speed --- Ducati Monster 696

iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoolig View Post
I've never had trouble with Hans, I buy parts from him whenever I need anything and he did some work on my 300ZX before (downpipes to be specific) he charged 200 bucks for installation and even helped me splice a bad 02 sensor with a used Skyline sensor he had laying around.

Hans is responsible for about 80% of the OEM parts used in my friends 3000GT twin turbo conversion, he always gave him good prices and good condition stuff.

He has had my friends 3000GT (black one for sale) in and out in less than 3 days for a new waterpump including waiting on parts to arrive, he was able to track down the reason the fan wasn't kicking on either after the TT swap (pins in TT ecu are different than N/A for fan relay) and hot wired it so he could make it home ok.

Chances are the 3000GT you bought from Hans is nicer than about 60% of TT 3000GT's you'll find for sale... excluding 3si.org since they know their cars and maintain them properly. My first 3KGT VR4 spun a bearing less than 2000 miles of driving, I WAS FURIOUS, but, I should've expected it considering the engine had 9x,xxx miles on it.

My friend Chris's car also spun a bearing while it was N/A and he is a maint. FREAK, he is on the 3rd engine now, 2nd transmission, 4th clutch, 3rd alternator, 3rd starter, 12 sets of plugs (at least lol), 2 water pumps. Only thing original in the car is the radiator, wiring harness, carpet/dash, body parts and glass, steering wheel/turn signal thingy, and seat belts.

Unless you get really lucky (or buy a 3/S from an enthusiast) expect a 3000GT to have one or more of the following:

Broken active aero Mine works 100%
Probably one turbo ready to take a poop, usually the back. Both turbos have no shaft play
An oil leak from somewhere.No oil leaks
Beat side bolster Minimal bolster wear
Grind 1 or more gears (often, or, on occasion) tranny shifts 100% from launch to redline
Poorly maintained timebomb for an engine. who knows its still going strong
In dire need of a 60 or 120k. performed.
Mild to moderate lifter tick yep got that in the cold heh
ECS that doesn't work works 100%
Probably 1 slow window (or vertical scratching on it) minor scratches
1 or more missing exhaust tips all four present
Active exhaust actuator seized active exhaust works
Rattly TOB nope
Among a few other things.

If it runs and drives and I doesn't spin a bearing, I call it a win.

As you can see, I don't expect much in a used car... but... buyer be warned if you don't know how to remove a transmission or replace a turbo DO NOT buy a 3/S TT, they need a lot of attention- they're very nice cars when working properly but they do need attention, and, even the nicest ones break.

You bought a 3000GT, expect to replace a part or fix an issue every one-two months.

I know the 3000GT you bought probably was bought my Hans with a bad motor, and, recieved the stronger 4 bolt and was brought back to life. It's a really good starting point and for around 5,000 dollars considering the motor plus labor would cost close to that if you ever had to replace it (including labor). If you buy a used car there is absolutely no warranty, it sucks but I've read your thread- and the problems with the car aren't really that bad- I'd just fix it and enjoy it.

If you lived closer I wouldn't even mind lending a serious hand, I don't mind working on them... I do it at least once a month anyway haha.

maybe i just got lucky but my vr4 is MINT. Garage kept and it was owned by a 25 year old.

I saw tru2blues and i felt like it was frankenstiened together with spare parts...


buyer beware.. I have no problems with hans and i may give them some business one day
Vr-4-Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:18 PM   #20
Tru2Blu
Tri-State Addict
 
Tru2Blu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hamilton
Member #1214

My Ride:
02 Mazda Millenia

iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to Tru2Blu Send a message via MSN to Tru2Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Tru2Blu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vr-4-Life View Post
maybe i just got lucky but my vr4 is MINT. Garage kept and it was owned by a 25 year old.

I saw tru2blues and i felt like it was frankenstiened together with spare parts...


buyer beware.. I have no problems with hans and i may give them some business one day
Good lucc man. Im just going to cut my losses and stay away from him. Save me some trouble
__________________
Quest for a 500awhp daily driven vr4....
Tru2Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All I can say is frame on the GROUND!! sillyeye Gallery 20 01-13-2011 01:34 PM
On the ground again. OBEEWON Gallery 13 03-15-2008 07:08 PM
Ground Zero Performance soobie22 Parts and Vendor Reviews 20 07-07-2007 03:56 PM
ground zero performance Vr-4-Life Parts and Vendor Reviews 25 02-11-2007 11:46 PM
Bad Ground? TruPony Ford Talk 7 08-10-2006 03:45 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.