TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Welcome > TST Forum Info and Feedback
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
BustedUjoint
Tri-State Addict

Member #8107

My Ride:
2008 Unlimited Rubicon

Send a message via AIM to BustedUjoint
User Communication

Here is a thought. If the site is down again, and again, and again, and again, why not send out an all user's email? Or at least to the vendors who pay to be here. Or send out an email that this .net URL works. If I was a vendor I would be extremely upset about the downtime this site has seen. Hell, I am NOT a vendor and I am upset about it. This site is working just about as well as my wagon.
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
BustedUjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
SoStock92
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1721

My Ride:
92 BMW 525, 95 BMW 525, 87 BMW 325, 95 BMW 530

Send a message via AIM to SoStock92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedUjoint View Post
Here is a thought. If the site is down again, and again, and again, and again, why not send out an all user's email? Or at least to the vendors who pay to be here. Or send out an email that this .net URL works. If I was a vendor I would be extremely upset about the downtime this site has seen. Hell, I am NOT a vendor and I am upset about it. This site is working just about as well as my wagon.
I know Brian is busy so I felt I could speak on this. The forum has been having issues - they are by no means Brians inability to get it running or lack of effort. Ideally it'd be cake to send out a mass e-mail contacting each user (or sending it their address anyway) regarding up/down or change of the website - the problem is, Comcast and other ISP's take it upon themselves to off-load POP traffic by blocking the 'Nobody@....' address that PHP uses to send e-mails out. I've consulted with Brian and made some suggestions but it's not a very easy thing to get around.

I know it can be frustrating but trust me that Brian has been working on it under a lot of stress and has faced many unique problems which are in no way predictable.

I can't speak on this in terms of vendors but it is part of a forum - stuff does happen I've had the luxury of helping people with various forums (some much larger!) and the stress involved is not welcoming.

Please bear with it as Brian sorts it all out - it will surely be worth it.
SoStock92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Thanks Jon .

Myself and quite a few others have been working on the site around the clock the past few weeks... and I mean that literally. I don't think many would believe the hours put in to TST recently, or the hours of sleep we've been (not) getting.

Jon summarized pretty well so I wont go into it again but I just want everyone to know that you have a group of very competent capable people here putting a lot of themselves into this. Unfortunately it has been a lot of work to get back up to speed, and we have just experienced another very unexpected speed bump with the domain name.

I totally understand that from a user's standpoint this must be a very frustrating and discouraging experience, but please just hang in there. I assure you that when we see this through, TST will be bigger and better than ever. Any and all patience and flexibility from our loyal users right now is very much appreciated, and this will be a thing of the past in no time at all.

Regarding emails, they have been sent out to all users, but as Jon touched on above, unfortunately some email providers like Comcast and AOL have very aggressive filtering which blocks many of these emails, leading to a large number of members not receiving important forum information. We are just trying to cover all our bases and get the word out in multiple ways so we dont miss anyone.

As for vendors, they will be be credited for all of the downtime, and if there is anything else I can do to make them happy, I will absolutely do that. I have spoken to many but not all, so if any vendors see this and have questions/concerns please feel free to PM me.

Any other questions just ask... I'd like this to be an open line of communication because our users are so important and I want you all to be up to date on how things are going.

Thanks,
Bryan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
BustedUjoint
Tri-State Addict

Member #8107

My Ride:
2008 Unlimited Rubicon

Send a message via AIM to BustedUjoint
well thanks for the response. I know and understand how frustrating and stressful IT BS can be. I was not aware of the comcast and other provider issues that were present, so I will excuse you for not getting an email out to some of us ;). Otherwise, have fun getting this bitch back up and running.
i finger myself to latin jazz sometimes

BustedUjoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

I actually received an e-mail at my yahoo account letting me know about the .net bull****. That's the only reason I'm here right now. It's a good thing I still check my "spam" folder as that's where it was directed.

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
twastheglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
abrok99
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #6039

My Ride:
2004 Subaru WRX swagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twastheglow View Post
I actually received an e-mail at my yahoo account letting me know about the .net bull****. That's the only reason I'm here right now. It's a good thing I still check my "spam" folder as that's where it was directed.
you just want the penis growth emails hahaha

abrok99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
champ_6
Tri-State Addict

Member #5551

My Ride:
2015 Subaru WRX/ Nisasan S13 Coupe

Also an idea... Why don't you try updating the myspace with the status of the site. That may get the word out.

|
|

<<< Get Your Performance Parts Here
champ_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrok99 View Post
you just want the penis growth emails hahaha
****** please...I'm the one who sends those things. LOL!!!

Quote:
But what if they encouraged it AND the stickers turn out to be awesome? They COULD POSSIBLY say something like "I love Mike and would turn gay for his tattooed, bmw driving, new york living ass". just saying.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #9
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by champ_6 View Post
Also an idea... Why don't you try updating the myspace with the status of the site. That may get the word out.
A very good idea... I'm at work and trying to juggle things but I got the login info from Pete and will post a bulletin about it to try to reach out to some others.
Also we updated the RDNS on the servers email so it might get through to more people now. I am going to resend the email this evening as well, so I apologize to those who have already received it but hopefully it will get through to a lot more this time around.

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
twastheglow
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #5286

My Ride:
pulls bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
A very good idea... I'm at work and trying to juggle things but I got the login info from Pete and will post a bulletin about it to try to reach out to some others.
Also we updated the RDNS on the servers email so it might get through to more people now. I am going to resend the email this evening as well, so I apologize to those who have already received it but hopefully it will get through to a lot more this time around.
Do what you got to do dude. Desperate times call for desperate measures. lol

Quote: