TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Upcoming Events
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 AM   #21
Tiny
Tri-State Addict

Member #469

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
Shady Brook starts up again at the end of April. It will be held on Tuesdays instead of the usual Wednesdays. Last year had insane turnouts every week during the Summer months.

http://www.shadybrookfarm.com/cruisenights.php
What time do you usually get there? I might swing by after work so i'll be there right around 6pm.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 AM   #22
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

Send a message via AIM to CarbonIS
it's tonight? I'll be there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Women suck balls on occasion, right?
I never had a woman suck on my back...so...
CarbonIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #23
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:
'68 Kaiser M715/ '37 Ford truck/'47 Dodge truck

I usually try to get there early to assist in set-up if I can. Most people arrive around 5:30-6ish.

Here is the 'ricer' issue-Bruce is the guy that runs the show. He hates 'rice burners', be it a car or bike. Like most musclecar enthusiasts, Bruce can't/won't try to know the difference between a big-winged/fart canned ricer, and nicely done tuner car. The on-site burnouts were not the problem last year, it was what spilled out into Stony Hill Road that caused problems. There was someone in that...(correct me if I'm wrong)...Skyline? clone that was drifting on Stony Hill Rd, and that is when the trouble for tuners started. Bruce doesn't care if a '69 Chevelle does 100mph from the bypass to Langhorne-Yardley road, but if you so much as chirp tires in a Subie, you are 'rice'.

I had lunch with Bruce last week and he told me that he will turn away 'all of those f'ing rice burners'.

Do not get angry, I am working very hard to change his opinion. I NEED EVERYONE TO HELP! If you show up in a 'ricer' and get turned away, please do not leave. Just park in spectator parking and make a good show there. If just one fart can is heard leaving in a hurry, or even just passing by, my cause will be totally wasted.

If I can manage to sway Bruce's opinion, this show could be the best around.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
poolmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #24
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
Thank god I don't own a rice burner any more.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:38 PM   #25
Snoozie
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1887

The cars are clean, so Ill see if Keith will want to go up tonight. Not sure when he gets outta work though.

"Everyone learns faster on fire." - Alkaline Trio
Snoozie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #26
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
No 'ricer' exhausts ehhh? Well I'm out haha. No worries.

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:22 PM   #27
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPancoast View Post
No 'ricer' exhausts ehhh? Well I'm out haha. No worries.
You can still come, just park on the other side, away from every one else.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
I had lunch with Bruce last week and he told me that he will turn away 'all of those f'ing rice burners'.
You said not to get mad, so sorry about this, but lets be honest for a minute here...

I dont know Bruce, but he sure sounds narrow minded and ignorant to me. A car enthusiast can surely prefer one thing over another, but they will still respect all things performance.

I've seen some serious garbage domestics show up there from time to time (apc seats, pep boys 'chrome' trim, etc), and to give that the OK while brushing off a clean looking 300whp or 400whp Subaru, Mitsu, Nissan, etc. is laughable.

There are a lot of awesome cars that show up there, and I do plan to attend regularly again this year, but I see no reason to bend over backwards for Bruce because he can't get his head out of his ass, sorry. The type of segregation he's talking about reminds me a bit too much of the state of our country, oh say about 150 years ago between the north and the south.

I'd like to think that he does not represent the majority there and that if you've got a clean performance oriented car that most guys there, domestic, classic, whatever, will be able to recognize and respect that. If they can't they're obviously not worth your time anyway.

I guess this guy just stands against everything TST is about...

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-22-2008 at 01:26 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 01:24 PM   #29
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96integraLS View Post
You can still come, just park on the other side, away from every one else.
nobody has ever had to park on the 'other side away from everyone else' before... so i'll believe it when i see it

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 04-22-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #30
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
nobody has ever had to park on the 'other side away from everyone else' before... so i'll believe it when i see it
Ok, I was only going by what PoolMike said about parking on the other side or something like that, so just don't listen to me.

Last edited by TROLL; 04-22-2008 at 02:18 PM.
lownslow95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM   #31
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

I refuse to park in the stone/gravel spectator lot for my car to get slammed with stones when
Harry the White-Trash Lawn Boy peels out in his 93 F-150 because "Bruce" thinks my car is a "rice burner"

I'm gonna go and if I get turned away in my subie I'll just come back in a street rod and rub "Bruce's" image of a "ricer" in his face.

Quote:
I hear ya, but as the saying goes,"You can live in your car, but you can't [dyno] your house."
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 02:22 PM   #32
bastid
Tri-State Addict

Member #1732

My Ride:
2008 BMW M3

WTF. I just bought a sweet rice burner:

I hope I can has refund.

Back on topic - I'll be out there at some point. There's no way in hell I'll be parking on the gravel though - not in the new whip.
bastid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:43 PM   #33
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Last year things got so big that the majority of people parked in the grass to the side, and that was part of the show too. The gravel lot to the other side was the 'spectator parking'. The grass isnt too bad really, you just have to drive slowly... they had 100+ cars out there last year. I also remember them doing a lot of themed nights so those guys got got to be on the main paved section.
Not that I ever expect a Subaru or even Import themed night, but lets just show a little mutual respect out there.

|

Quote:

|
Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM   #34
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

Bryan, I am trying to change his mind. I don't think there will be any issues if everyone keeps in line. I'm sure Bill(CarbonIS) will agree with me here....the old musclecar/street rod guys are difficult to change when it comes to imports.

Keep in mind that I have NOTHING to do with Shady Brook or the show, I am just trying to get all of the cars together.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 04-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #35
BlackTypeR
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #459

Send a message via AIM to BlackTypeR
Yeah, definately not going to this. Don't really want to go to a show where I'm not wanted. Two thumbs down.

BlackTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:56 PM   #36
TNTramair
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1299

you guys are beating a dead horse with this ricer stuff. if the guys that run the show dont want "rice burners" (imports) in their show than whats the problem??? they are entitled to have whatever cars they want in their show. its 1 freakin place once a week that wants strictly American muscle cars. the Hooters car show is 2 days away and you guys are more than welcome to attend that one. you have to face the fact that you wont be able to change most people's minds when it comes to imports...deal with it. just come out and enjoy the show for what it is....if they dont let ya in, be mature about it and leave respectfully or just park and walk the show.
2006 Yamaha R1 50th ann.
TNTramair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #37
BlackTypeR
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #459

Send a message via AIM to BlackTypeR
The website says that imports are welcome. Is that a lie? If it's just a show for muscle cars, that's cool. But don't say everybody is welcome when their not.

BlackTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #38
CarbonIS
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #301

well, just got back from the show and there were probably 60-75 cars there and I won a trophy!

So, imports/tuners are welcome!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2008, 10:10 PM   #39
poolmike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #543

My Ride:

Well it was a great turnout. Congrats to Bill(CarbonIS) for his trophy. Looks like Bruce won't be turning away tuners!

Bring them out next week.
1937 Ford pick-up
1950 Crosley Farm-o-Road
Old 04-22-2008, 10:14 PM   #40
DPancoast
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #6193

My Ride:
94 Integra GSR / 96 Jeep (DD)

Send a message via AIM to DPancoast
hmm, I will come out at some point then!

- 94 Integra "Panda" GSR/LS (crashed to finished in < 30 days)
- 96 Integra (Totaled 5/28/2011)
- 91 MR2 Turbo (SOLD)
- 91 MR2 n/a (SOLD)

Quote:
in-raging? is that like an internal raging hard on? usage might include: i'm in-raging for some bacon right now
DPancoast is offline   Reply With Quote