TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Tech > Asian > Nissan / Infiniti Talk
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

Serious issues

Okay so a basic little info on my car it's a 2000 altima, on it's 3rd engine. I just did a 5 speed swap on the car and had to swap engines because I blew the last one. Now I can't get it to run like anything other than ****. The car is a 2000, engine is a 94 obd1, ecu is a 2000a/t, and the tranmission is a 96 obd2. It works I can drive it, already have put over 400 miles on it but I can't control the rpm's both at idle, which made me think ivac and will driving. It sounds like the car wants to work and it just can't figure out how. The odd thing is the only time the car seems to run good is when the clutch is completely decompressed with the brake. I can drive the car but I can't control the rpm's at all. I don't need to give it gas and if I do it just adds it to whatever the rpm's jump to, normally between 500 and 3k. The only thing I can think of is the ecu being an auto must be the problem but even so would that make everything go so crazy ? The only codes I am throwing are the intake air temperature sensor, knock sensor, and the crank postional sensor. Now the cp sensor is irrevelant, and the iat shouldn't cause this problem. The knock sensor shouldn't be bad but that and the maf I am going to swap over tomorrow. I don't get why I can't control the rpms. When the car is started you can tell it wants to run right and it just can't. You can smell the fuel is running nice, so I am going to swap the front o2 sensor also. I am also not running any egr. This is really getting ridiculous. I need to get this done by saturday for the year end meet.
Here is a video of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:03 PM   #2
Ej6Mike
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16729

My Ride:
Manwagon

Your running an OBD1 engine with an OBD2 ecu? Thats a big red flag if i ever saw one. I never had any luck trying to mix OBD parts (car + engine). I would say your issues would be solved if you used the correct ECU for that motor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
sure!
Ej6Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
jesse096
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17203

My Ride:
2002 Chevy Silverado, 2003 BMW 330i ZHP 6 speed

Sounds pretty bad... Might wanna get an OBD1 M/T ECU... might help...

-Jesse
a ****ing space ship. next level transportation maneuver. **** 4 wheels son, im airborne.
Quote:
So, chinese food sprinkled with crack.... does that make you hungrier quicker bc you'll be tweaking from crack sprinkles? lol.
jesse096 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
renn
Tri-State Addict

Member #13821

how did you blow the last motor?
renn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
itwillboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17521

My Ride:
GDE6, L30T

Quote:
Originally Posted by renn View Post
how did you blow the last motor?
The piston rings blew. And the engine is a 94 obd1 but I swapped either all the sensors or rewired them to work.

5th annual Northeast Nissan Summer Meet
itwillboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:29 AM   #6
JankyS13
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #15373

My Ride:
91.S13.KA-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwillboost View Post
The piston rings blew. And the engine is a 94 obd1 but I swapped either all the sensors or rewired them to work.
that shout be ok right there, I did the same in my 240, car was a 91 motor was a 95, swapped sensors, some accessories and lower intake and it was good to go. Since I just watched the video I see your idiot light is on, what are the codes popping up? really its the easiest place to start, as i would also double check the plugs / timing on that thing.

also an auto ecu generally wont make a car w/ a manual trans (or vise versa) run like that. speaking from personal experience on this matter.

Last edited by JankyS13; 11-07-2010 at 02:34 AM. Reason: posted before atching the vid.
JankyS13 is offline   Reply With Quote