TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Networking: requests and offers
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:
2011 Chevy Camaro, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3 Rally Car

Send a message via AIM to tuningvelocity Send a message via Yahoo to tuningvelocity
Octane Academy - Short Clip/Photo

Hey Guys

This year i got to accomplish one of my life long dreams which was to participate in some sort of racing/motorsports. I went Rally racing. I competed in 6 Round of the Rally America National Championship at the Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally (STPR) in Wellsboro, PA. Unfortunately I was forced to retire after day 1 of competition do to a gearbox failure.

Stage 1 Video @ 6:45

Rally Car Pics

May Goal for next year is to participate in at least 3 events in the national championship, and although the expenses are high try to secure some sponsorship, backing, or just help.

So here is my ASK:

FORD has come together with Ford Factory Drivers such as Ken Block, Tanner Foust, Brian Deegan, etc to form an "Academy". Where the chosen participants will be taught how to drive these factory built cars such as the Fiesta WRC (World Rally Car), the drift Mustang, and Off-Road trucks. In essence what they are going to do is a reality show of how they teach nobodies how to drive these cars, and have them compete amongst each other in challenges.

The application process is real simple, they want us to produce a clip and tell them why I should be chosen.

Octance Academy Official Video

Quote:
You think you’ve got what our pros are looking for? First you’ve got to apply. We only need the basics. Who? Where? What? Then upload your video and show us why you should be selected to be one of the few, the loud, the lunatic fringe
Sounds simple enough right? Well I personally think that this video submission should be professionally edited and produced. They don't give you a time limit but It should be less than 5min if that. I need help from someone who can do a nice job editing video and can put together a nice piece.

I understand that this is a longgggggg shot however I want to give it a try and see what happens.

Also I've read that some people have added pics of their cars to the video, it would be nice if I could also get some kind of a photo shot, specially since I'm selling my current car to buy another one so it can be added to the video

If you can help me, have any ideas, or suggestions please contact me and hopefully we can get together.

Thanks A Lot

Anthony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

tuningvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #2
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

i can do it. here is my reel http://vimeo.com/22109861

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:

Send a message via AIM to tuningvelocity Send a message via Yahoo to tuningvelocity
re

Cool, let me now how we can do this. How much would cost me if anything.

Thanks

Old 07-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

send me an email james.hartey@gmail.com

ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
tuningvelocity
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20166

My Ride:

k thanks