TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Pennsylvania
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #1
2ND_GEN_2001
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14781

My Ride:
01NissanAltima GLE

Audio sensations exton location

Looking to see if anyone can vouch for audio sensations in exton. I am about to have the drone mobile installed and want to make sure it is done correctly. Any input is great. I also googled and there are a few bad reviews but figure id ask on here for local opinions.
Thanks
2ND_GEN_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

Never went to the one in Exton. I have used the audio sensations near Pottstown. I would give them a mixed review. Customer service was okay at best and it took way to long to do my install. I already had all the wiring in my car and yet they took it all out from their previous install and. Charged me for a whole new wiring kit. Completely unneeded.
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
2ND_GEN_2001
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14781

My Ride:
01NissanAltima GLE

I also have been to the Pottstown location and wasn't impressed either. I don't care about customer service unless the people are total aholes then I don't go back or whatever. My main concern is the quality of the install.
I would go to world wide stereo but they aren't a authorized dealer for the drone and if I have them install it that will void my warranty.

I read one review on google where the person said the exton location is terrible and they left wires hanging out with the remote start install. Granted that was in 2008 alot may have changed.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 PM   #4
Burnt2Death
Tri-State Post Whore
Banned

Member #17935

My Ride:
Whatever I feel like.

Pottstown they were ignorant and cost me extra money when it wasnt needed. I wouldnt go back to them. Either at the Exton or Pottstown location.
Burnt2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #5
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

There isn't a vender on TST that can do it? Good Vibes, ect...
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Big_Jim
Dealing with stupidity.
Super Moderator

Member #7592

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalamar View Post
There isn't a vender on TST that can do it? Good Vibes, ect...
This.

Get in touch with GV

http://gvautosport.com/
Old 10-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #7
2ND_GEN_2001
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14781

My Ride:
01NissanAltima GLE

Thanks guys for all the replies. I am only concerned with the warranty if I don't have it installed at one of the compustar authorized dealers.
I don't know much about the warranty and would like to have it for extra comfort in case something does go wrong. Gv is not a authorized dealer there are only like a few dealers in the area that are and audio sensations is one and the closest to me. I may go to sixth ave in DE save on the tax, but I have a
Feeling they are like a best buy not good to go to them. Any opinions on these guys sixth ave. they used to have a location in montgomeryville but has closed.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:28 AM   #8
2ND_GEN_2001
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14781

My Ride:
01NissanAltima GLE

Just an update made the appointment for this Friday. I stopped in the shop unannounced Saturday and the lady at the counter was pretty nice and answered all my questions and explained how everything worked and how they were gonna install it.
I'll post back the results on Friday hopefully it all goes well.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #9
BrutalFTB
Noob-Jersey

Member #19742

My Ride:
2006 Nissan Sentra Spec V

shady shady

ive been to the one in pottstown, as it is up the st. from my house. seems that their prices are always changing or are high. i bought a sub from them one time and it got stolen so i went back to get the same setup and they priced it double what it was the first time. The guy also couldnt give me a price right there, he had to call his boss to ask how much it was. seems a bit fishy to me. I also took note of some headlights they were selling at double the price they were online. To me, i feel like they are a rip off and make the prices up as they go.
BrutalFTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #10
2ND_GEN_2001
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #14781

My Ride:
01NissanAltima GLE

Yeah I can def see where your Colin from and I know from experience now.
I went to drop the car off last Thursday night and got a price for the entire install the lady said if I pay cash she can do 575 I was like ok bring the cash when I pick up the car.
Not only did they make me go get another key made at the dealer to make my remote start work like it should and never said anything like when I talked to them several times before the install so I was left with a bill I wasn't planning on paying.
I get the car and go to pay and he goes 600 I'm like well the lady said 575 he was like no altogether it's 600 I'm like wtf not only you ripping me for 25 I got to go get another key made. So needless to say I will not be going back. I only used them because of them being a authorized dealer of compustar and didn't want to void the warranty.
Tell everyone not to even look at that place and I am gonna bash them every chance I get.
Plus now my Bluetooth that worked fine before the install now doesn't work and they didn't bother helping me. Unfortunately I need to go back today to see if they can fix the bluetooth.