TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Spotted!
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #141
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

i find it funny how vw and nissan people love his car...yet honda people hate this car with a passion

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ketchup! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:54 PM   #142
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:
1998 integra ls/1993 eg hatch

Send a message via AIM to redtoprps13
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicboy18974 View Post
i find it funny how vw and nissan people love his car...yet honda people hate this car with a passion
i'm also a honda guy..i don't mention the civic because it's stock, fwd and a d17 the bastard child of the d-series...nothing compared to the 2 dc2-gsr's i've owned and i moderate a honda forum ... and did i say i loved his car? i said i like his car just like i said i like yours. get over yourself bro. have you done anything original to civic like creat a new style or go with a unique motor/driveline swap? if not then get over yourself

i still **** with honda guys
just went over this week to take a pic of my boys new EK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by redtoprps13; 05-22-2010 at 01:00 PM.
redtoprps13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #143
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

okay

Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #144
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

We're talking about 10-20 year old honda's here, almost everything has been done. Just because something is "original" doesn't mean it's clean, case and point ratrods and fast&furious cars. There is a point when someone tries too hard to get attention, and that's what this civic has done. Like the 1320 ek from eibach; it has real sprint-harts that have been rebarreled, which is not cheap at all, but the car looks like complete **** because the owner is trying too hard to get attention.

It's just frustrating how people put time/money/blood/sweat/tears into building a clean car, then someone outside the honda world see's a rusted out hatch on 0 offset wheels and appreciates it more. A clean car and a nice stance is all a honda needs to look good, but the same dime-a-dozen xxr wheels are beat and don't accomplish that look.

Authentic wheels can be had for $500, not just $1500. Why don't people understand that?
sundaybikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #145
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaybikes View Post
We're talking about 10-20 year old honda's here, almost everything has been done. Just because something is "original" doesn't mean it's clean, case and point ratrods and fast&furious cars. There is a point when someone tries too hard to get attention, and that's what this civic has done. Like the 1320 ek from eibach; it has real sprint-harts that have been rebarreled, which is not cheap at all, but the car looks like complete **** because the owner is trying too hard to get attention.

It's just frustrating how people put time/money/blood/sweat/tears into building a clean car, then someone outside the honda world see's a rusted out hatch on 0 offset wheels and appreciates it more. A clean car and a nice stance is all a honda needs to look good, but the same dime-a-dozen xxr wheels are beat and don't accomplish that look.

Authentic wheels can be had for $500, not just $1500. Why don't people understand that?
but he likes the style he got a good deal on them in his price range....did i say his car was > all. he didn't ask your guys opinion. it's a spotted thread..not talk **** on kids car for doing what he likes. i said i like his car nothing more...not omg it's the best honda i've ever seen. i like civicboy18974
car as well...taste is subjective and i believe he paid like 300 for his wheels...i don't know about you but 200 bucks goes a long way especially when he only bought the car for looks as his daily driver. i like Eg hatches and i've seen much much cleaner ones than this but it doesn't have a 6 foot tall shopping cart wing on it or chrome spinner hubcaps on steelies... you can pick apart any members car on this forum since looks are subjective......he admitted himself it wasn't clean and was looking to get another shell by the summer...but he's on a budget like the rest of us

Last edited by redtoprps13; 05-22-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:32 PM   #146
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

I think the car looks dope...not a fan of the rusted hood, but your hatch can pull it off...

Good **** son
|Nikon|
Twitter:
SvicksTc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #147
cutty1986
Tri-State Training Wheels
Banned

Member #14715

My Ride:
1993 cx hatch

lol thanks guys. the car is a daily driver. im not here to impress no one, i bought those wheels cuz they where cheap and i could make them fit. i plan on getting a new daily and really start to break done on this car. like getting legit wheels for you haters.lol but till then its gonna be like this. sorry guys
cutty1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #148
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutty1986 View Post
lol thanks guys. the car is a daily driver. im not here to impress no one, i bought those wheels cuz they where cheap and i could make them fit. i plan on getting a new daily and really start to break done on this car. like getting legit wheels for you haters.lol but till then its gonna be like this. sorry guys
why are you apologizing for what you can currently afford. i'm on a Honda forum and i see asshole punks all the time talking about how nice their egay **** is and how v8's suck and nothing beats vtec yada yada yada...and then you're humble about your **** and people are ragging on you because it's not what they would put on their car.... Really? your **** isn't "holy ****ing sex" but it's definitely not as bad as some of the crap i see cruising around norristown....like the orange and silver automatic 240 with ebay wing and steelies with fart can.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #149
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

I think it's time you get off b20 and clubcivic and move onto real honda enthusiast forums.

Actually with your viewpoints maybe it's just best you stay here and on there.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #150
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
I think it's time you get off b20 and clubcivic and move onto real honda enthusiast forums.

Actually with your viewpoints maybe it's just best you stay here and on there.
yeah those are exactly the forums i'm on....

I think it's time you stop knocking on a kid for buying what he can afford/likes..... what do you drive? maybe we could make fun of that a bit? you got something totally unique and original?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:54 PM   #151
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

I don't have to prove **** to you buy showing you what I drive, for all you know it could be a goddamn razor scooter. I'm not coming at the owner of the hatch that bad apart from saying everything he has done to his car is for attention and the wheels are gross. Im attacking the people in this thread that have some retarded ****ing views of what a clean honda is and what people should or shouldn't buy for their cars.

I'm sorry people made fun of your car when you had it, but that doesn't mean you have to become the representative of people rockin 0 offset xxr wheels and low budgets.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #152
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
I don't have to prove **** to you buy showing you what I drive, for all you know it could be a goddamn razor scooter. I'm not coming at the owner of the hatch that bad apart from saying everything he has done to his car is for attention and the wheels are gross. Im attacking the people in this thread that have some retarded ****ing views of what a clean honda is and what people should or shouldn't buy for their cars.

I'm sorry people made fun of your car when you had it, but that doesn't mean you have to become the representative of people rockin 0 offset xxr wheels and low budgets.
so you came into a spotted thread to attack the owner and other people about a subjective topic on your own preference, yet refuse to give an example what you have being any better? good to know. you refuse to post a pic with you and your ride? you afraid you'll get made fun of the same way you want to judge others?

nobody made fun of my ****. i just think it's funny that you're honestly trying to defend your right to be a prick to some kid because somebody said they like his car and you don't agree. so i don't have the right to say when you're being a jerk but you have the right to be an ass? how old are you? the kid never said his **** was awesome nor did he even bring up how nice it was...he kindly said thanks for the compliments until a bunch of cocknozzles started talking some **** about his car over the interenet about why he didn't spend more money on some wheels for a 900 dollar car.

Last edited by redtoprps13; 05-22-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #153
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

Why do you defend him so much? I didn't come in here looking for a problem, but when I see people say **** like "most honda owners cant afford real wheels" I get heated. I don't have a problem with the owner of the car or you even, I have a problem with companies like xxr and rota. I also don't see how someone can appreciate a car with little planning/thought/time put into it. The most time put into this hatch was looking through dumpsters for **** to put on the roofrack and waiting for iron and oxygen to react on the hood.

It wouldn't take a lot of time to find a picture of my car.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #154
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
Why do you defend him so much? I didn't come in here looking for a problem, but when I see people say **** like "most honda owners cant afford real wheels" I get heated. I don't have a problem with the owner of the car or you even, I have a problem with companies like xxr and rota. I also don't see how someone can appreciate a car with little planning/thought/time put into it. The most time put into this hatch was looking through dumpsters for **** to put on the roofrack and waiting for iron and oxygen to react on the hood.

It wouldn't take a lot of time to find a picture of my car.
because he did nothing to deserve any of the hate i defend him because so many attack him without reason it's been like a 4 on 1 hatefest. people can appreciate anything it's a preference issue is my point...i could understand hate if he asked for your opinion or talked about his ride like it was > all. i never said i loved his car but i've definitely seen a lot worse. and he never said honda owners can't afford rims that was somebody else...besides you took that remark out of context.... it was more of an example that he bought a honda because money is an issue...if he had the money to buy primo parts don't you think he'd have a more immaculate setup? i think we all know that all honda owners aren't poor but you must take into consideration that most of the honda civic tuner guys are in the younger age brackets like 16-24 years of age where 700 bucks is still a lot of money to spend on some rims....if he wants to buy knock of wheels let him he didn't tell you or anybody else that they had to....he got them for 300 bucks which is a deal.....whether honda owners can or cannot afford "real" wheels...who cares if they look good and serve their purpose......pshh people make fun of me for having an old nissan car that could use a paint job.....do i care? no. i can't afford it..i could've spent money on some paint but i preferred coilovers and a bigger dual ball bearing turbo. car makes me happy i did it for me which was this kids whole point at the beginning of the thread.

do you know how many people on this site buy ebay exhausts and other products for their cars that are knock-offs....or pirate music which is the same principal.

NOW......if it looked like this

then i could understand poking some fun at his ride though

Last edited by redtoprps13; 05-22-2010 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #155
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

^^^hey thats my whip...
|Nikon|
Twitter:
Old 05-22-2010, 05:01 PM   #156
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvicksTc View Post
^^^hey thats my whip...
**** you...that's my old **** from when i used to chill with paul walker....overnight parts from japan

Old 05-22-2010, 05:02 PM   #157
sundaybikes
Tri-State Addict

Member #8522

My Ride:
is red

I never said it was him who I quoted, the person I quoted is an idiot. Im in that age bracket and have bought everything for my car, which does not include rota or xxr wheels. I go to school and only work 2 days a week, I just think about what I want and save for it. There are people who have plenty of money to spend on nicer cars but build cheap, 15 year old honda's because they are passionate and know how to do things right.

If this car was on some +45 slipstreams nobody would give a **** about it.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:09 PM   #158
redtoprps13
Tri-State Addict

Member #7485

My Ride:

Quote:
I never said it was him who I quoted, the person I quoted is an idiot. Im in that age bracket and have bought everything for my car, which does not include rota or xxr wheels. I go to school and only work 2 days a week, I just think about what I want and save for it. There are people who have plenty of money to spend on nicer cars but build cheap, 15 year old honda's because they are passionate and know how to do things right.

If this car was on some +45 slipstreams nobody would give a **** about it.
yeah but i'm sure there is somebody out there who is gonna hate on you for not buying some magical 1500 dollar part that they themselves can afford....he said he's getting better **** and a new shell. you get what you can afford and do the style you want. it's your ride. so good luck with yours. trust me i would love a set of 2500 dollar forged racing rims in 17x9 but i must settle for my used gramlights.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:54 PM   #159
SvicksTc
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7395

My Ride:
Nike 6.0

best thread on tst hands down haha
|Nikon|
Twitter:
Old 05-23-2010, 02:15 AM   #160
ketchup!
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #656

My Ride:
Speedooo's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtoprps13 View Post
but he likes the style he got a good deal on them in his price range....did i say his car was > all. he didn't ask your guys opinion. it's a spotted thread..not talk **** on kids car for doing what he likes. i said i like his car nothing more...not omg it's the best honda i've ever seen. i like civicboy18974
car as well...taste is subjective and i believe he paid like 300 for his wheels...i don't know about you but 200 bucks goes a long way especially when he only bought the car for looks as his daily driver. i like Eg hatches and i've seen much much cleaner ones than this but it doesn't have a 6 foot tall shopping cart wing on it or chrome spinner hubcaps on steelies... you can pick apart any members car on this forum since looks are subjective......he admitted himself it wasn't clean and was looking to get another shell by the summer...but he's on a budget like the rest of us
too bad the car in my avatar is the car i had like 5 cars ago. lol