TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > General Car Related Chat
Register Rules & Info

Notices

Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #21
FijiBlueFG
Tri-State Addict

Member #15206

My Ride:
2006 Civic Si

Reckless Driving def. had to be a part of that. I bet that guy feels like an idiot

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FijiBlueFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:45 AM   #22
empera
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #3674

My Ride:
67.5 Roadster, 00 Outback, 93.5 Supra tt, 88 Shiro, Tundra, turbo sc300

Send a message via AIM to empera
agreed....happens when ur not careful.
empera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:39 AM   #23
mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
Lol at the guys saying he can't handle the power. You might be able to say that if you know him personally and know he actually sucks at driving. Sometimes **** happens... you don't know what actually happened.

I agree, though, careless driving = something like this is bound to happen.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:53 AM   #24
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Dumbass.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #25
tcturbo91
Tri-State Addict

Member #5966

My Ride:
is in pieces

Send a message via AIM to tcturbo91
i was looking at this car like 3 hrs before i saw pics of the crash... was a beautiful car, sucks to see it gone like that
Old 09-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #26
rebelalliance
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #21777

My Ride:
1975 Porsche 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by supraforumdouche
response on supra forums.

"Hey guys. Sad to say I'm the guy who wrecked the car...I'm ok minor injuries, 6 staples on back of head from my cage which paramedics said saved my life and 6 staples in my leg where the shifter plastic piece cracked on my leg...

So to clarify things!!! I was not messing around on the road..so many stories out there. There's no way I could hit illegal speeds in one block..I was getting some drinks and did a u-turn 1-2 and when I hit third gear it was high 4500 rpms around 12 psi maybe. Not flooring it and I hydroplaned/trying to correct I gassed it a little more and the rear kicked out I'm not sure what happened next all I know is I hit a pole on the driver side and I guess I swung around the pole and hit the stairs at the condo ...

I know what I have and how to handle it. Some things just happen! It's funny I never take my car out in rain but I was tired of staying in the room with no beer ... Sorry for letting y'all down! thank all of you for supporting me and not judging me for things that are not known facts

I'm not sure yet how the car looks until insurance adjuster looks. Maybe sell my motor ha cuz that's the only thing that seems ok."
rebelalliance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 PM   #27
rebelalliance

Member #21777

My Ride:
1975 Porsche 914

12psi @ 4500RPM in the rain in a 700hp supra? Taking it easy.

It is amazing what the mind can concoct when it is living in the Supraverse.
Old 09-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #28
Teku18
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4895

My Ride:
2014 WRB BRZ, 1992 SVX

Send a message via AIM to Teku18
Not sure how the car looks? ****ing roof is gone cause they cut it off haha. Glad to see he's okay but damn how is doing a u turn at 4500rpm in 3rd not messing around?
Quote:
yes this is ok with me, obviously but when someone is paying and i plasma their fender open and then duct tape it shut they might get upset while i am laughing.
Teku18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:49 PM   #29
01NightHawk
Tri-State Addict

Member #16827

My Ride:
A Honda boat, and civic with fancy badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekuDrifter18 View Post
Not sure how the car looks? ****ing roof is gone cause they cut it off haha. Glad to see he's okay but damn how is doing a u turn at 4500rpm in 3rd not messing around?
^^^ this

How the hell does someone get to 3rd gear and 4500rpm in a u-turn on such a small 4 lane street unless they were spinning tires the entire way trying to tokyo drift that ****...
01NightHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #30
DeathLens
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #20236

My Ride:
1999 Civic Si

Damn... I saw the thread title and I remember I took a pic of a red supra with ccws at IA baltimore. I was hoping it wasn't that car
Old 09-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #31
OutToWinPAHC
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5081

My Ride:
R33 GTS25T, RHD E46, Truck, part R32 GTR

Send a message via AIM to OutToWinPAHC
3rd gear 4500 rpm, 12psi all in one block doing a u turn on a wet road...... yeah he needs to go back and read adjust his defense and just say eff it, I messed up.

Last edited by OutToWinPAHC; 09-26-2011 at 11:25 PM.
OutToWinPAHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:14 PM   #32
rebelalliance

Member #21777

My Ride:
1975 Porsche 914

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...-OC-MD-(/page3
Old 09-26-2011, 11:37 PM   #33
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Gonna quote my favorite posts from that thread..

"If the weather was the same as it was by me, the supra should have never gone out. Hope everyone is ok"
" I never pull my car out when the weather is the way it's been here lately"
"unfortunately once again this is a lesson to others out there to keep it parked when its wet out."
"never will i drive my supra in rain so many buddies have been hurt and lost the car"
" After driving by and seeing the damage I will not be taking my car out in any rain."
-Seriously? Its still a car,it can be driven like a normal person

"It's kind of pathetic what was being said on the VW Vortex forums, but then again what else can we expect from teeny boppers that drive "stances out dubs"
"I already checked back on Vortex... the kiddies over there are already bashing AJ saying hes lying and was showing off and blah blah blah.... Sucks when your jealous of someone elses car and all you can do about it is make fun of them ;-)"
"ol wow didnt know euro vw kids even had room to talk. last i checked my grandmom drives a vw and aj's supra like that is still worth more money then those stanced out turds that cant even get out their own way. guess anyone who has to replace tires and oil pans every week would be mad at something better then theirs."(This is a member on here)
-Holy ****,could people have their heads up their own smug ass that far?
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:12 AM   #34
rebelalliance

Member #21777

My Ride:
1975 Porsche 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
Gonna quote my favorite posts from that thread..

"If the weather was the same as it was by me, the supra should have never gone out. Hope everyone is ok"
" I never pull my car out when the weather is the way it's been here lately"
"unfortunately once again this is a lesson to others out there to keep it parked when its wet out."
"never will i drive my supra in rain so many buddies have been hurt and lost the car"
" After driving by and seeing the damage I will not be taking my car out in any rain."
-Seriously? Its still a car,it can be driven like a normal person

"It's kind of pathetic what was being said on the VW Vortex forums, but then again what else can we expect from teeny boppers that drive "stances out dubs"
"I already checked back on Vortex... the kiddies over there are already bashing AJ saying hes lying and was showing off and blah blah blah.... Sucks when your jealous of someone elses car and all you can do about it is make fun of them ;-)"
"ol wow didnt know euro vw kids even had room to talk. last i checked my grandmom drives a vw and aj's supra like that is still worth more money then those stanced out turds that cant even get out their own way. guess anyone who has to replace tires and oil pans every week would be mad at something better then theirs."(This is a member on here)
-Holy ****,could people have their heads up their own smug ass that far?

Hey man, when you own a supra you live in the supraverse. The universe is for normal people and plebeians without overpriced japanese cars from the 90's.

The laws of physics in the supraverse mean 400whp with z rated tires in the snow is taking it easy.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:34 AM   #35
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelalliance View Post
Hey man, when you own a supra you live in the supraverse. The universe is for normal people and plebeians without overpriced japanese cars from the 90's.

The laws of physics in the supraverse mean 400whp with z rated tires in the snow is taking it easy.
How about we bring up the asshattery that occurred at a previous H2O (Note: It's a German car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-XWfCEcaY&NR=1). I happen to be an owner of both a VW AND a Supra, so I see how things are on both sides. Both cars have their strong points and weaknesses. Don't hate on something that you aren't completely familiar with. Supras are expensive because they are an incredibly designed car, much like most Porsches. VW's are built generally for economical reasons, but can be made into a fun agile car. Speed is usually not their strong point. I'm not a fanboy of anything, so I don't hate on anything. I see every car for what it's worth. Some people don't have the money to build something crazy fast, so they do what they can with what they can afford.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:57 AM   #36
rebelalliance

Member #21777

My Ride:
1975 Porsche 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcorradokid View Post
How about we bring up the asshattery that occurred at a previous H2O (Note: It's a German car. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-XWfCEcaY&NR=1). I happen to be an owner of both a VW AND a Supra, so I see how things are on both sides. Both cars have their strong points and weaknesses. Don't hate on something that you aren't completely familiar with. Supras are expensive because they are an incredibly designed car, much like most Porsches. VW's are built generally for economical reasons, but can be made into a fun agile car. Speed is usually not their strong point. I'm not a fanboy of anything, so I don't hate on anything. I see every car for what it's worth. Some people don't have the money to build something crazy fast, so they do what they can with what they can afford.
Hey don't get butthurt, if you are a normal guy with a supra that is fine.

Point is, rich dumb kid from NoVA wrecks a 700hp supra he can not handle, thinks taking it easy is 4500rpm @ 12psi worth of load on a 700hp car (yeah 350-400whp probably...)

Careful, it is a quick step into the supraverse, where the Toyota Supra is subject to it's own physics and reality. You seem like you may be teetering on the edge or straddling that line.

I'm not 20, don't feed me bull****. Before the fast and furious movie came out twin turbo used supras were sitting on used car lots well under 10 grand with nobody buying them. Once the movies came out, everyone wanted to be an import racer and the price of them skyrocketed overnight. It's ok, eventually it will plummet, much like the muscle car bubble is popping.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #37
vwcorradokid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #177

My Ride:
'11 Ford F-150 Harley Davidson, '93 Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelalliance View Post
Hey don't get butthurt, if you are a normal guy with a supra that is fine.

Point is, rich dumb kid from NoVA wrecks a 700hp supra he can not handle, thinks taking it easy is 4500rpm @ 12psi worth of load on a 700hp car (yeah 350-400whp probably...)

Careful, it is a quick step into the supraverse, where the Toyota Supra is subject to it's own physics and reality. You seem like you may be teetering on the edge or straddling that line.

I'm not 20, don't feed me bull****. Before the fast and furious movie came out twin turbo used supras were sitting on used car lots well under 10 grand with nobody buying them. Once the movies came out, everyone wanted to be an import racer and the price of them skyrocketed overnight. It's ok, eventually it will plummet, much like the muscle car bubble is popping.
I'm not getting butthurt, you're lumping all Supra owners into one category and that is not true. If I said all Porsche 914 owners were middle-aged single men living in their mother's basement, I'm sure you'd defend the 914 community.

As for what happened with the driver, who knows what REALLY happened. He did rock his head on the cage so he might not be with it 100%...and I know for a fact that 4500RPMs is easy to hit in any gear when you have zero traction. Fact of the matter is, he lost control of the car and made a mistake trying to gas it to correct the mistake. Probably would've been a better idea to leave the car parked and walk to the store. I'm sure he's kicking himself enough, no need for everyone else to kick him while he's down. /discussion
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #38
jpalamar
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #13773

My Ride:
03 Corvette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwcorradokid View Post
I'm sure he's kicking himself enough, no need for everyone else to kick him while he's down. /discussion
I don't think people would poke him with a stick if he just say yea, I was a dumbass and this is what happened.

There is a difference between the moron that says 'it was the cars fault' and the smart guy that says 'yea, I messed up and learned from it'.
jpalamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #39
HickRocket1258
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #415

Send a message via AIM to HickRocket1258
This thread has gone exactly where I expected it to go. Nice to see the cage helped him but at the same time could of hurt him if he banged his head against that hard. Anyways glad to see he's ok though, just odd how it supposedly happened.

Just a mustang that's lowered.....that's about it.

Work harder....Millions on welfare depend on you!
HickRocket1258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 AM   #40
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

He's going to get kicked, deal with it.

He screwed up, now he has to live with it. Don't care what he says, he was most likely doing something stupid in his car and paid the price. Remember, Car vs. Hotel, Hotel wins every time. Would love to know how much his insurance goes up after this one. Haha State Farm should use this guy for a new commercial, because it really reminds me of the one commercial where the guy drives up a pole and starts crying.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote