TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Community > Gallery
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #1
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Send a message via AIM to Charged SVTF Send a message via Yahoo to Charged SVTF
2007 SJR-SCCA Solo Street Mod Champ

No joke. I clinched it today by placing 4th of 12 in Street Mod today at South Jersey Region's Solo (Autocross) event. Those 5 points allowed me to finish first in the 2007 season points chase. Woot!!!!

Obviously being a stock suspension and tire car, I only won the season by showing up to each event and running hard, hands down. Placed first only once. Everything else was 6th or better. So this win goes out to the ones that stay in the fight. Well in South Jersey Region. I would get the snot beat out of me in any other region. For all the 2.0 Slow and Fucus jokes I have to put up with, its nice to win something every once in a while.

And this wasn't the clinching run, however it was only .02 off my best run of the day.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2MIqgxN387U

And this was one of my slowest. Didnt hit a single line that I wanted too. Woops lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QfGoVNYAXwU

Thanks go to my buddy Henk for coming down, running, and taking the crappy video footage from his tiny camera. Hey, its better than nothing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"
Charged SVTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
ozthunder
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2994

My Ride:
2006 Nissan SE-R Spec V

Send a message via AIM to ozthunder
Congrats man! That's an awesome accomplishment!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
ozthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:48 PM   #3
TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
very nice...
based on what you described, i'm curious as to how the points system works... you consistently did well but doesnt sound like you were ever really at the front of the pack. does attending every event make a big difference in points?

|

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:57 PM   #4
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
very nice...
based on what you described, i'm curious as to how the points system works... you consistently did well but doesnt sound like you were ever really at the front of the pack. does attending every event make a big difference in points?
There was 8 total events. I made 7 of the events only missing the first. They had to cancel the last event that would have made 9. So originally to be in contention you needed 5 events, with the cancel now only 4. So if you went to 4 events, you qualified for season points.

Here is the unclear point and this is why I was tentative to post anything on here about winning. They stated they dropped your two lowest scores. If you didnt show for two events, those would be your two lowest scores. With that last cancelled race, I do not know how the drops will work and may affect the final standings. But my belief is that if you showed, they count and there shouldnt be any drops. Kind of allows people to miss events in a way. However, either way I have had a ton of fun. As of right now I have won SM with zero drops and my combined points totals from the events i attended. One of the gentleman who does this often says that all my points count, if thats true...sweet.

To see how it all calculates, here is a link to the standings without today being added to the equation and drops not being taken into account.

http://www.sjr-scca.org/solo/sjr2007_points.html

FocusSport CoolFlo Intake - Focus Central 65mm TB - Ford Racing Coated Headers - Cat Delete - Borla 2.5"

Last edited by Charged SVTF; 10-14-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
UnderPoweredRS
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #233

Send a message via AIM to UnderPoweredRS
If you miss more than two events you are knocked out of the points run. congrats Tim... You're just lucky I had a hard time keeping my car together this year. guess I'll see you next season :-P
Old 10-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #6
amp
Tri-State Addict

Member #5435

My Ride:
(2)RX7 and MS6

congrats...
he won by attendance... his only first place win was against two other cars...
came to the event this mornin to pick up last years trophy... missed the entire season this year

Last edited by amp; 10-14-2007 at 08:13 PM.
amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
congrats...
he won by attendance... his only first place win was against two other cars...
came to the event this mornin to pick up last years trophy... missed the entire season this year
True story.

What happened that you couldnt run this year?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #8
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderPoweredRS View Post
If you miss more than two events you are knocked out of the points run. congrats Tim... You're just lucky I had a hard time keeping my car together this year. guess I'll see you next season :-P
Thanks buddy. Yea, but it seems like your car will be just fine now a days lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Congrats! Gotta start somewhere, right? Just keep coming out and you'll continue to get better. Gotta get the seat time...and some R-comps and a diff wouldn't hurt either.

The points work as follows: You have a total of 8 events. You have to run at least 4 events to qualify for the season championship. You drop your two lowest scores. So technically you could win the season by only attending 4 events, if you had more points than others. Let's say you won all 4 that you went to, giving you 40 points total. Someone else could have attended all 8 events and had a total of 42 points without drops. But if they have to drop two events. If the total points of those two events was more than 3, then the guy attending 4 events would win. Make sense?

BTW, won the WDCR STX championship this Sunday. It's good to win, isn't it?

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 01:53 PM   #10
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout View Post
Congrats! Gotta start somewhere, right? Just keep coming out and you'll continue to get better. Gotta get the seat time...and some R-comps and a diff wouldn't hurt either.

The points work as follows: You have a total of 8 events. You have to run at least 4 events to qualify for the season championship. You drop your two lowest scores. So technically you could win the season by only attending 4 events, if you had more points than others. Make sense?

BTW, won the WDCR STX championship this Sunday. It's good to win, isn't it?
Thanks!

Yea I kinda think with the drops I am gonna come out in second behind Kyle in his Fastiva. So i guess first in Raw points and possibly second in adjusted lol. Ill take it lol. Doing the math, my two drops would be the first event and the one i only scored 3 points. So that gives me 6 events and 37 total points. And Kyle and his crazy Festiva made 4 events and scored 32 points. I guess thats how I should do the math for season standings. Aaron only came to 3 events, same with David in his M3. Those two would have been the favorites to win in SJRs small field. Wish yall came out more.

This car will be lighter, stronger, and stiffer by next year. I should be able to come out to Philly and DC events too. Just got the new job and dont start till monday, but I should be making plenty to support this little hobby. I was hoping to see you and Aaron make it out this past Sunday. It was a fun coarse. Knowing you, you would have had to bang it off the rev limiter or almost shift into third lol.

Last edited by Charged SVTF; 10-15-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Better luck next year then. Definitely hope to see you out at some DC/Philly events next year. Some of those guys are just unreal.

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #12
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout View Post
Better luck next year then. Definitely hope to see you out at some DC/Philly events next year. Some of those guys are just unreal.
Check the above post, did some editing. Is my math correct? Or do I need to change the thread title to I am a premature winner who is actually a nice loser lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #13
CaysE
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #5011

Is there a north Jersey SCCA schedule?

Last edited by CaysE; 10-15-2007 at 11:34 PM.
CaysE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 AM   #14
amp
Tri-State Addict

Member #5435

My Ride:
(2)RX7 and MS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charged SVTF View Post
...Or do I need to change the thread title to I am a premature winner who is actually a nice loser...
neah.. you trophied first man... your dedication paid off..
btw.. i was the fella next to ya when you registered... was with my four year old son next to the registrar..
his comment if i recall correctly was how similar your name was to an old school comedian..
amp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 06:54 AM   #15
psushoe
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #2057

My Ride:
2006 Evo IX MR

Congrats! I'm glad to see you stuck with it all year and it paid off. Now that sjr season is over, you should come out to at least one of the remaining events at Ripken (with AI or Philly region). You'll love the lot and competition. I know you're worried about the car and getting home, but I'm sure we can figure something out if that happens...

124 SM - Sponsored by:
psushoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 08:03 AM   #16
Charged SVTF
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #4118

My Ride:
2002 Ford Focus SVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
neah.. you trophied first man... your dedication paid off..
btw.. i was the fella next to ya when you registered... was with my four year old son next to the registrar..
his comment if i recall correctly was how similar your name was to an old school comedian..
Your son was funny. Tell him "THANK YOU, I'll be here all night" lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by psushoe View Post
Congrats! I'm glad to see you stuck with it all year and it paid off. Now that sjr season is over, you should come out to at least one of the remaining events at Ripken (with AI or Philly region). You'll love the lot and competition. I know you're worried about the car and getting home, but I'm sure we can figure something out if that happens...
Well I do think I can make November events. I start my new job this coming Monday and am trying to find an apartment. When I finally get one, then the car goes into the shop for the Timing Belt, and then I should be able to make one no problem. Thanks for the congrats Aaron, how is the Supa Sentra?