TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast  

Go Back TriStateTuners.com :: Home of Tristate Auto Enthusiast > Regional (Yup, Tri-State is really Five-State) > Delaware
Register Rules & Info Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #1
JWatZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25781

My Ride:
vq35de powered grocery getter

Hey you, with the face!

Had this posted in Upcoming Events for a while now, not sure if anyone seen it. http://www.tristatetuners.com/forum/...d.php?t=130755
I'm starting to think there is no tuner love in Delaware other than upstate. Oh well, do with the info as you wish...
JWatZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:48 PM   #2
lownslow95
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #276

My Ride:
2011 Lancer GTS

Send a message via AIM to lownslow95
If I'm off that weekend I'd be down to go. Looking to meet new people in the area.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 AM   #3
SikneSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #6688

My Ride:
08 Chevy HHR SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWatZ View Post
I'm starting to think there is no tuner love in Delaware other than upstate. Oh well, do with the info as you wish...
well the population just about doubles above the canal, hence the "scene" being bigger up here.

but anywho.... just because there's not much action in the Delaware section of a tuner forum doesn't mean there isn't "tuner love" in Delaware. not everyone who's into cars is a member of a forum, believe it or not but you can actually still get car parts and information without entering a forum.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #4
The01Cav
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #5452

My Ride:
2009 Ford Mustang

Send a message via AIM to The01Cav
I should be down there at the show.
The01Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Face Pusher
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #25812

My Ride:
Hyundai Genesis 2.0T R-Spec / black

I will be bringing my KDM to this... I still need to buy a TST decal should be fun!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #6
JWatZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25781

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikneSS View Post
well the population just about doubles above the canal, hence the "scene" being bigger up here.

but anywho.... just because there's not much action in the Delaware section of a tuner forum doesn't mean there isn't "tuner love" in Delaware. not everyone who's into cars is a member of a forum, believe it or not but you can actually still get car parts and information without entering a forum.
Thanks for your non sarcastic response, it is appreciated.

I get what your saying about upstate, I grew up in Wilmington. About 7 years ago Dover had an okay "scene." Met some good people and had some good times. Back then my family was growing and my CRX didn't exactly hold 5 kids, so it was sold and I've been cruising in mini vans and suv's up until recently. I've slowly come to realize that things are not what they used to be around here. But anyway, thanks for taking time to flame me for whatever reason you had.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
SikneSS
Tri-State Addict

Member #6688

My Ride:
08 Chevy HHR SS

no need to get butthurt over my comment. i was just making a general statement about how it's not necessary to be a member of a forum to be in the car scene. it is what it is.

i used to hang out/cruise Dover back then, it was fun. i have no real answer as to why the car scene in Dover has died down in recent years. maybe everyone is slowing down, having family and just not into it anymore..... i find it sad. i'm trying my best to not fall into that myself. i used to help organize the bi-weekly Dover meets but once i moved to Newark a couple years ago it was hard for me to make it down for meets and the group just slowly moved on i guess. it's my understanding that there's still a group that meets up in Dover on Friday nights tho, but i believe they end up cruising up the I95 Island things in the Newark area.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #8
JWatZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25781

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikneSS View Post
no need to get butthurt over my comment. i was just making a general statement about how it's not necessary to be a member of a forum to be in the car scene. it is what it is.

i used to hang out/cruise Dover back then, it was fun. i have no real answer as to why the car scene in Dover has died down in recent years. maybe everyone is slowing down, having family and just not into it anymore..... i find it sad. i'm trying my best to not fall into that myself. i used to help organize the bi-weekly Dover meets but once i moved to Newark a couple years ago it was hard for me to make it down for meets and the group just slowly moved on i guess. it's my understanding that there's still a group that meets up in Dover on Friday nights tho, but i believe they end up cruising up the I95 Island things in the Newark area.
Should of typed it in sarcastica font, needed Preparation H and all (j/k).

The only group I ever see around is a Scion group. It is what it is. Not really into the bar and club scene like most of my friends. Anyway, I'm all about doing the leg work for a TST area at this show if enough of you are interested. Maybe an after meet and cruise as well. Did someone mention the beach? Rehoboth? OC? I'm down, just let me know.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:07 AM   #9
Brewhaha
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #11788

My Ride:
2009 370z 6MT

Hey there,

Sickness, myself and a few others used to have a steady group of 10-20 showing up on a bi-weekly schedule but due to some unforeseen circumstances the group sort of crumbled. Many left the area as a lot of us were military, some of us just got out of the car scene all together. I took a break from constant deployments and my inability to stick with something (went through 4 cars in 3 years). I'm really interested in making the Dover scene work again. We have a lot of good places to meet up if we decided to and I know there is a lot of people looking for a gathering to fall into.

I am aware of the VW group and Honda groups that already meet up weekly in Dover. There is a huge Subaru following in Dover too and the bike scene is large too. Id like to see if I can get a few people together sometime to talk about what we can do to make things happen again. Dover has the potential to have some good meets. I know I can get a short notice group together too, in fact i was just talking with a friend about seeing what we can come up with.

Let me know if you would like to come up sometime to Dover and we could come up with a plan of action.

-Chris
Brewhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #10
JWatZ
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #25781

My Ride:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhaha View Post
Hey there,

Sickness, myself and a few others used to have a steady group of 10-20 showing up on a bi-weekly schedule but due to some unforeseen circumstances the group sort of crumbled. Many left the area as a lot of us were military, some of us just got out of the car scene all together. I took a break from constant deployments and my inability to stick with something (went through 4 cars in 3 years). I'm really interested in making the Dover scene work again. We have a lot of good places to meet up if we decided to and I know there is a lot of people looking for a gathering to fall into.

I am aware of the VW group and Honda groups that already meet up weekly in Dover. There is a huge Subaru following in Dover too and the bike scene is large too. Id like to see if I can get a few people together sometime to talk about what we can do to make things happen again. Dover has the potential to have some good meets. I know I can get a short notice group together too, in fact i was just talking with a friend about seeing what we can come up with.

Let me know if you would like to come up sometime to Dover and we could come up with a plan of action.

-Chris
I'm definitely down. My weekends are usually free, just let me know.